Esteemed Contributor

Re: K50030 Geoffrey Zakarian electric skillet

@SharkE wrote:

I was at walmart and saw where the Presto brand has a pour spout at the corner and snapped it up, that's what I've been wanting. Presto, is the only one I saw that has the pour out the grease in it.

gonna make fried pies in mine , too.

What kind of fried pies, @SharkE ?  You're making me hungry!  Gonna share some recipes???

(I did order the TSV.  Thought it was big, but remembered my Mum had a large one - big enough to bake up pizzas, as well as various recipes she'd turn out.  She was an excellent cook and baker.  I'm not talented but oftentimes enjoy trying!Woman Wink)

Honored Contributor

I just use pillsbury pie crusts, use a small saucer and press down in the dough,  fill with pie filling, fold over,  seam the edges and fry in tad of butter

I can put up pics later step by step process. I can't make pie crust worth a hoot.   Bread, rolls, I'm Queen, pies and pie crust !   Yikes !  taste like ****

finally mastered garlic bread sticks. Had to use that ol' cheap yeast that you can buy at walmart 'active dry yeast' by Fleischmann's

My fancy premium yeast I get from Amazon/Walmart was too powerful that's why they spread out like scones. Keep that for bread and roll making

that slow stuff you have to use for sticks

Honored Contributor

DSCN0913.jpeg

DSCN0914.jpeg

DSCN0915.jpeg

Fry in butter till brown (whatever degree of browness U want) flip,  remove from skillet sprinkle with sugar or 'fine' sugar

'Poor man's fried pies' LOL handed down to me from MILaw

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I just use pillsbury pie crusts, use a small saucer and press down in the dough,  fill with pie filling, fold over,  seam the edges and fry in tad of butter

I can put up pics later step by step process. I can't make pie crust worth a hoot.   Bread, rolls, I'm Queen, pies and pie crust !   Yikes !  taste like ****

finally mastered garlic bread sticks. Had to use that ol' cheap yeast that you can buy at walmart 'active dry yeast' by Fleischmann's

My fancy premium yeast I get from Amazon/Walmart was too powerful that's why they spread out like scones. Keep that for bread and roll making

that slow stuff you have to use for sticks

@SharkE  Thanx - gonna get me some!!!Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I still use my electric FRYing pan from way back when.  Mine is avocado green...that's how old it is.

Once the plug and cord is removed, there is no electrical components attached to the pan.  I wash my pan at the sink with soap and hot water.  I just keep the cord attachment area out of the water.

I don't need another electric pan, but if I did, I would wash it at the sink as well.  No way would I just wipe it out with a damp cloth.  The outside of the pan needs washed well too.

I have never seen or owned an electric skillet where the pan removes for washing.  Once the cord is removed....it can be safely washed at the sink.

Honored Contributor

Presto 12" Electric Skillet with Glass Cover  is the one I got at walmart big enough for the 2 of us.
Honored Contributor

@giddy up wrote:

@jpie wrote:

I really do want this but I am holding off for now.  Since this is his first version of this skillet, I am going to wait and read the reviews. Maybe Geoffrey will redesign it to where the skillet is detachable and able to be immersed for hand washing (similar to the Crock Pot revisions over the years).

Not sure a round design is better than a square design either. Any thoughts on this?

My old Hamilton Beach electric skillet is a few meals away from being "spent."  I'll just wait it out for now because it is an item I want, not need.  Hopefully, there will be a 2.0 version as a TSV in the near future.

Get a large square or rectangular one if you intend to make bacon in it.  Much less frustrating.

You can fit more items in a square or rectangular pan.  Think grilled cheese sandwiches....you might fit 4 in a rectangular pan and only 2 in a round pan of the same size.

Honored Contributor

I got the square, for bigger families they make them 16 in. or maybe bigger.

Respected Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@Flashgordon22 wrote:

David does love him for some reason. His cooking is too fancy for me. He seems to be a very nice family man.Enjoy your pan and chicken.

David is a millionaire. The average person will buy a $5 rotisserie chicken at Publix

Have you seen his financial information?

She has a creepy, with a side of icky, obsession with other people’s finances, particularly the hosts, often throwing rocks at others for what she deems is a “lavish” lifestyle.  

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

Dont you just love it when a thread is hijacked with something nasty and totally off topic?  This thread is about a skillet not the host or vendor.  If you just have to spew bologna  save it the hateful/mean forum AKA Q Talk.

That being said.  I really like the skillet, mainly because it is huge and has a lid.  However I did not order it because I really dont NEED it.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)