Honored Contributor

Re: K49580 - Ninja Foodi 8 qt 8 in 1

@SharkE : Do it and get back to living. You will be so bored or whatever during the process. Hope you and DH have someone to help with daily necessities. Y'all will be in my thoughts and prayers 🙏🙏. Southern Bee 

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Yeah, I went to eye surgeon today and gonna have the cataract surgery on the 29th, then, 11-5th.

They offer 3 different lens price ranges nowdays

Medicare paid for

middle of the road that costs 800 per eye and U pay upfront before procedure.

top of the line procedure that is 2,000 per eye. I chose door # 2 since

helps with astigmatism. After procedure you can't watch Tv, read, bend over to pick up nothing, drive, no heavy lifting, no straining. No internet ! Yikes !

don't U all talk about poor blind shark hahahahah

@SharkE   I had cataract surgery last year.. I watched TV, read and mostly whatever I wanted to do except bending over and/or straining..  Those two things seemed to bother my eyes, you can almost feel the pressure in your eyes when I did that... But TV did not seem to produce any damage to my eyes...  The worst part for me what getting up enough nerve to have the surgery....  I don't like anybody messing with my eyes...  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

Think it's just for the first day you can't read, internet, watch TV, drive, bend over to pick up nothing , lift nothing over 5 lbs.   DH said he could listen to music all day and be happy as a lark. LOL  They will give me instructions after it's over I guess.  They don't want that new lens to pop out before the body has a chance to grab onto it and grow around it.

I'm anxious to get rid of all these cheapie glasses I have strung all around the house, dollar store glasses LOL My fancy prescribed glasses are trifocals and I hate them.   I have to hold them up to look down at the bottom of the lens to read by.  This surgeon was recommended by a close church friend and everybody swears by him, so, hopefully, I won't be no worse off

LOL

Frequent Contributor

Costco has the 6 quart on sale for $150.00 now. I just got it and used it once. So far I love it. Made pasta with crispy melted cheese on top. It was so easy!

Esteemed Contributor

Just ordered a gray Foodi.  Hope I like it!!!!

Don't really need it, but figure if it works as described I can rid my counter of the CE air fryer, the instant pot and my Wolfgang Puck Pressure Oven.  Those appliances are wonderful, but I hate a crowded countertop.  

Now if it could only bake bread - I'd be all set!Woman Wink

Valued Contributor

I have the 6.5 qt in Cinnamon (bought it from HSN) and adore it..  Making chicken and rice in it for dinner tonight.  It sits on my counter in the corner.  I pull it out so the pressure doesn't ruin my cupboards but it never 

moves off the counter.  Not sure I would buy the 8 qt.  Altho I understand that it comes to pressure faster than the 6.5 qt.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That 8 is a good deal ! I got two 6's, so, will hold me over till I cloark

To the girl who wants to make bread, start out with simple basic bread recipe, use a fast acting yeast, (bread raises faster), learn how to handle dough, don't just add all the flour they tell you to. Add so much at a time then you can finish adding the rest if it's too sticky. make sure you don't get the liquids too hot it will kill the yeast. I got a thermometer that I test the temperature with.

I usually let my dough in the bowl raise in oven (turned off of course) and you can add a pan of hot water in the lowest level in the oven to give it more humidity, depending how cold your house is you can turn the oven light on too, oven can't be to cold or hot. Also can raise the dough in a microwave make sure it's not gonna be used for the time it takes to raise.

opening and slamming doors will make it fall.

King Arthur Flour website is good place for beginners to learn

@eddyandme 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

It's not so much can you lift it but do you have room for it?  It's a real estate hog in the kitchen.  Our friend @SharkE has one and loves it but she has a big kitchen.

@Kachina624  ita with you about 'kitchen real estate' I am running out so must curtail my passion for kitchen 'stuff'   The tsv sounds like a good deal for those needing/wanting it. I have always found Ninja to make a good product.

I can't help but giggle when I look at it.  Reminds me of the device where mad scientists  freeze a head when you die to preserve for when a cure is found .  Smiley LOL

Contributor

You can raise dough in the foodi. On dehydrate set to 105 degrees for 30 min. keep a eye on it at about 25 min.so it doesn't over proof. Then I bake in the foodi. 

Valued Contributor

@SharkE U will be cooking in that beautiful kitchen very quickly after your surgery. I truly hope U have the success I did with mine. I saw the world through very different eyes after surgery.  I can now read etc without any glasses. LOVE it!  Pre-Op is very much more time consuming then actual surgery.  That is over so quickly those waiting for you can't finish a beverage.   Cheers to your new eyes and best wishes that you  have a pleasant experience with surgery!  BTW...wish I lived closer to you to taste test your cooking.  Sounds delish!  Heart