Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: K49062 Glass cracks all the way down on air during demo...

Just rewatched the video, when the bowl of coconut slipped from his hand, it hit the edge of the dish and it cracked. But he went on with the demo. 😊 😊 😊 

Honored Contributor

@Barbarainnc wrote:

Just rewatched the video, when the bowl of coconut slipped from his hand, it hit the edge of the dish and it cracked. But he went on with the demo. 😊 😊 😊 

Yes, Chef Tony and Carolyn are true professionals!  I'd have reacted somehow.

Valued Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I dont think it is unusual when something is dropped on a glass dish that it cracks.  Thats glass.  Sometimes it takes very little pressure to crack glass.  The dish could have been compromised in that area and a little force finished it off.

Yes, but some here prefer to make something out of nothing.

Esteemed Contributor

Freak accident, IMO.  But what a couple of pros doing the demo!  Kudos to them!

I had this item, washed it, repacked it and sent it back.  Not being able to store the two bigger blades was the issue.  I don't need sharp things (covered or not, and the cover for the slicing blade wouldn't stay on to start with) on the loose.  And the lid.  The bowl will store the other blades with the covering lid but not the working lid.

I have a smaller size in plastic and storage for that isn't perfect either.  But I can keep it all together with a rubber band.

Keepin' it real.