Esteemed Contributor

Re: K49062 Glass cracks all the way down on air during demo...

@sfnative - If you're seeking a square glass vessel just for use as a vase, check out Amazon; I have several pieces that are really nice and were quite inexpensive.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@sfnative - If you're seeking a square glass vessel just for use as a vase, check out Amazon; I have several pieces that are really nice and were quite inexpensive.

Michael's also carries glass vases & containers in a variety of shapes and sizes.  Or at least they used to - I haven't shopped there in a few years.

Esteemed Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@loriqvc 

Thanks so much!!!

May I ask which category would be best for me to begin my search?

I took a "Flower Arranging Certification" course some years ago and, of course, I'm so loving where that field is now and is moving toward, in terms of the aesthetic.  (An extremely difficult course, with many guest instructors - all the best in their genres.  These are the people we'd now see on television teaching a course or as guests in GMA or like programs.  I was very fortunate.)

Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

@loriqvc wrote:

Michael's also carries glass vases & containers in a variety of shapes and sizes.  Or at least they used to - I haven't shopped there in a few years.

@ValuSkr 

Though my Michael's looks large from the outside, it's not all that great, once you get inside.  Yes, they do have some glassware, most of which is suitable for weddings and stands upright.  I've not seen the one I'm look for at Michael's; however, just rec'd an email today that they're gearing up for fall, so may have new stock.  Will take a look.  Thanks for suggesting Michael's, as this store is only ten minutes from my house.

Esteemed Contributor

@sfnative - The majority of the vases on Amazon are in the Home & Kitchen category; if you do a search for "square glass vase" or something similar (no quotation marks needed), you should get a lot of good results. The square vases/containers I was thinking of when I posted my comment are from Royal Imports, which offers quite a variety of vases on the site. There are several other good sellers as well—the reviews were very helpful to me as I was shopping. I hope you find what you're looking for!

Esteemed Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@sfnative - The majority of the vases on Amazon are in the Home & Kitchen category; if you do a search for "square glass vase" or something similar (no quotation marks needed), you should get a lot of good results. The square vases/containers I was thinking of when I posted my comment are from Royal Imports, which offers quite a variety of vases on the site. There are several other good sellers as well—the reviews were very helpful to me as I was shopping. I hope you find what you're looking for!

@loriqvc 

Just exited Amazon 2 minutes ago.  Everything square, glass, see-through had handles on it.  Will return and input Royal Imports.  Thanks for getting back to me on the subjec!

Esteemed Contributor

@sfnative - Hmmmm, that's strange. If you haven't done so already, try the search phrase I suggested; I used it right before replying to you and didn't see anything with handles (though many of the vase options were on the smaller side). And definitely make sure you're in Home & Kitchen rather than Kitchen & Dining, as the latter is likely to include baking dishes in your results as an attempt to be helpful.  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

My thinking is if you're using glass and pounding on it (the chopper) and may use other bowls for adding things, it better be strong to withstand it. I use Pyrex for my clear glass baking and measuring and I've dropped them on each other, dropped things on them and they've never chipped, cracked or broken. Talking 30 years plus with the same pieces.

How professional someone is isn't the issue; they're BOTH selling an item so of course they're not going to bring attention to the fact that what you're selling and claiming is so strong isn't. My issue is the poor quality of the item and nothing more.

Super Contributor

I did not see that demo, but I have this set and have baked in it and run it through the dishwasher many times. I have no fear that my bowl will crack and certainly hope it doesn't. It is a really heavy and sturdy bowl. You have to press/slam down hard sometimes and so far no problem. I love it much more than the older model plastic one that I also have because it is so versatile. Love Chef Tony and his products.

Honored Contributor

@cozyseeker What sort of things does it work best for, and worst for?  I am interested in this--although I'm not usually in for something like this because I'm good with a knife and have great ones.

What interests me in the glass storage bowl.  I like that idea as well as the chopping.