Respected Contributor

K48355 Le Creuset 3.4-qt Covered Oval Casserole Dish

There is a controversy brewing about a Le Creuset casorole dish.  Apparently it is made in CHINA, not France. The item description only says "imported".  Some are complaining it did not come in the normal box, others are complaining its cracking. No mention from David that it is made in China.  I expect better transparency and am disappointed.

Honored Contributor

Re: K48355 Le Creuset 3.4-qt Covered Oval Casserole Dish

Just the cast iron items are made in France now. A cast iron set is around $1200 and things like the rice pot are about $200. I would only buy from their website since QVC offers the less expensive coated items since that is a concern 

Honored Contributor

I have had great luck with LeCreuset's own outlet stores. I've found great deals, 1st and 2nd quality pieces and never been unhappy with a 2nd quality--which is usually some variation in color, however minor.

Also, I had had great luck with people at the stores being helpful and checking pieces out before they ship them.

Honored Contributor

Cast iron pieces are made in France.  Ceramic pieces are made in Thailand.

Regular Contributor

I have also run into some of the LeCreuset that was made in China.

A while ago, I bought a little Le Creuset coffee pot from Amazon and was shocked at the lack of quality!   I'm a Le Creuset person and have always counted on the quality and "made in France" brand.

Sad, sad, sad!

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

There is a controversy brewing about a Le Creuset casorole dish.  Apparently it is made in CHINA, not France. The item description only says "imported".  Some are complaining it did not come in the normal box, others are complaining its cracking. No mention from David that it is made in China.  I expect better transparency and am

disappointed.

Would you please provide a link to the information about the controversy? I can't find anything online about it. TIA 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Reever wrote:

There is a controversy brewing about a Le Creuset casorole dish.  Apparently it is made in CHINA, not France. The item description only says "imported".  Some are complaining it did not come in the normal box, others are complaining its cracking. No mention from David that it is made in China.  I expect better transparency and am

disappointed.

Would you please provide a link to the information about the controversy? I can't find anything online about it. TIA 

If you read the reviews for the item it was never mentioned by the host that the piece was made in China and the online description only says "imported" which is vague and lacks transparency.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Reever wrote:

disappointed.

If you read the reviews for the item it was never mentioned by the host that the piece was made in China and the online description only says "imported" which is vague and lacks transparency.

@Reever  I don't think I have ever heard any host say something is made in China.

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Reever wrote:

disappointed.

I have never seen any host on any network mention that something is made in China. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky