Honored Contributor

K47775 - L&L set/2 pie plates

[ Edited ]

Has anybody received these yet?  They were presented on Sunday.

I just got mine (already!) and they are really very nice.  I love that they use borosilicate glass, first of all.   The glass is nice and heavy and the lip around each one is very useful.

The seals are domed but have a flat surface so you can put the plate into the inside of the seal, while in use, so you don't have to find a place for it.  It fits right in due to the slightly smaller diameter of the bottom of the plate.  It fits right into the domed part and almost clicks in there nicely.

I already tested them and they are, indeed, liquid tight.   That's important because I know if they are liquid tight they are also air tight.

I got mine with the black seals.  I like the sparkly black.  Black and red are two of my fav colors anyway, so most of mine is red, with some purple and tangerine shades thrown in, and the new black has been very nice also.

Respected Contributor

Re: K47775 - L&L set/2 pie plates

I ordered the copper set last year and use them every week...they are so pretty and functional....I keep them sitting out on the countertop!

No Image Found

Trusted Contributor

Have two sets coming - champagne and cinnamon colors.

Will give one set away.

@chickenbutt  glad to read your positive review.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm waiting for the green!

Honored Contributor

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

I ordered the copper set last year and use them every week...they are so pretty and functional....I keep them sitting out on the countertop!

No Image Found

Those are different in the shape of the plate and, especially, the domed seals.   I really do like these newer ones.

Glad you're enjoying them!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@yellowrose wrote:

Have two sets coming - champagne and cinnamon colors.

Will give one set away.

@chickenbutt  glad to read your positive review.

Hi, and thanks!  Smiley Happy

Although it's not one of  my colors, I found that champagne color to be very attractive.    The cinnamon, IIRC, is also sparkly like the black.

I also thought that satiny sheen on the yellow color they had was cool looking.

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

I'm waiting for the green!

Hi!  Smiley Happy   I had to look to see the green, as I didn't recall what type of green it was.  That is a lovely shade.

I hope everybody likes them!  I really like the shape of the new domed seals on these, because of the large flat area and how they also fit into the bottom of the plate for when you need the seal off.

Valued Contributor

So happy to read the review.  I have them on my "want" list but since I ordered the TSV I held off on the pie plates vowing that I will NOT order them until I clear out (somewhat) my collection of Pyrex pie plates I already have. 

Honored Contributor

I didn’t order this set but they sure look nice. Enjoy.

Trusted Contributor

I'm waiting for my raspberry set. I had the old set and it was terrible. The lids were almost impossible to snap on and off. I ordered these because Chris said they were totally new. 

@chickenbutt, do you find the locks easy to work? tia