Honored Contributor

Re: K47775 - L&L set/2 pie plates

i have mine from last year....... set of two glass with the domed lid. i have them in the red.

i use these a lot, not just for desserts, but also for hot or cold appetizers.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Renata22 wrote:

I'm waiting for my raspberry set. I had the old set and it was terrible. The lids were almost impossible to snap on and off. I ordered these because Chris said they were totally new. 

@chickenbutt, do you find the locks easy to work? tia

The design is very nice.      They close easily, as long as you have the seal sitting properly (one time I didn't and figured it out quickly), AND they open equally easily.

I like the design because they are not difficult, but the seal is excellent.  I have arthritis, so that tells you I'm not so young and nimble in the hands anymore.  Smiley Happy

SIDEBAR:    I got a nice chuckle as I finished your post because I recently asked a question on an item on Amazon and at the end of the post, as I'm prone to do when I'm asking for help, I put TIA.   I'm big on please and thank you.

The seller responded:   Hi Tia!  .....etc...   Smiley Very Happy    I just thought it was so funny and cute.   Many years ago, on an ebay board I had the same thing happen so I guess my secret name must be Tia.   Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@chickenbutt  I remember a time when I thought "Tia" was someone's name also.

I believe it was right here on the Q board, shortly after it first started up.

It really is a pretty name.  Smiley Happy

Can't wait to get my pie plates. ETA is the 11th.

Honored Contributor

@yellowrose wrote:

@chickenbutt  I remember a time when I thought "Tia" was someone's name also.

I believe it was right here on the Q board, shortly after it first started up.

It really is a pretty name.  Smiley Happy

Can't wait to get my pie plates. ETA is the 11th.

Wow, odd how some parts of the country always get things on such a varied schedule, yet other companies can do it the same.

But then, my order came from California and I'm CA adjacent.

Honored Contributor

I ordered them in the champagne and kind of wonder why I did (because I'm a Lock and Lock junkie, that's why!) as I don't bake pies. 

I'm hoping I will use them for many other things. I bought the glass 9x13 like a year ago and have never even used it. Hope these don't have the same fate. After I got the 9x13, I wondered why they didn't do a domed lid on it. I think it would have made it more practical for cake baking.

Valued Contributor

Anyone know if these plates would fit a typical store bought pie?

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I ordered them in the champagne and kind of wonder why I did (because I'm a Lock and Lock junkie, that's why!) as I don't bake pies. 

I'm hoping I will use them for many other things. I bought the glass 9x13 like a year ago and have never even used it. Hope these don't have the same fate. After I got the 9x13, I wondered why they didn't do a domed lid on it. I think it would have made it more practical for cake baking.

That champagne looks so lovely!   You reminded me that I also have a L&L 9x13 that I haven't used, either.   I just don't bake that much anymore - well, actually, hardly at all.   oops!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@giddy up wrote:

Anyone know if these plates would fit a typical store bought pie?

The top interior diameter is 9 3/8" and the bottom is about 8 1/2", so I would say yes.   I have some crusts that I use for pumpkin pies and they sit right in there so, while I will probably just go ahead and bake the pies in the containers they have, these will be absolutely perfect for storing them afterward.

The only exception, I would think, would be a very high meringue type pie.

I tried to take one of the pics from the item number but you can't c&p them because they have that stupid automatic '+' on the pics.    Don't be confused by the pic of another item that it in the thread.  These look different and you can see it on the item # I put in the thread title.  Smiley Happy  HTH

Respected Contributor

Thanks to this thread, I promptly put these pie plates in my wish list, LOL.  I hadn’t seen them before, and as an avid pie baker they will come in very handy.  I just missed the 4 easy pay offer today, so I will wait for the next opportunity.  Thankfully, QVC has been having easy pay offers more frequently!

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Trusted Contributor

@chickenbutt,

Thanks for your detailed response! Sounds like they will work much better than the old design.

That's funny about tia. When my hubby saw it, he asked what it meant. There are a few abb. on here  I still haven't figured out. Smiley Happy