New Contributor

K44642 CooksEssentials 5.3qt Digital Air Fryer

When I use the CE 5.3 quart air fryer, after it completes the cooking cycle the air fryer will not power on. The screen is blank (completely off/no display) and I can't get it to restart. I have tried pushing the on/off and other buttons, and unplugging and replugging. After a bit (3-5 minutes) it works normally.

I'm thinking there is a heat cutoff switch. I have interrupted a cook program and can restart. If it is a longer cooking requirement should I pull the tray, then add time after "I do the shake"?

TIA, david h
Honored Contributor

Re: K44642 CooksEssentials 5.3qt Digital Air Fryer

I have the smaller version.  I haven't run out of time.  I usually set it longer than it takes.  I set the timer on the stove and open the door after 5 minutes.  It starts back up and I reset the stove timer.

Maybe someone else knows.  I don't see why it shouldn't be able to be turned on again.

New Contributor

Update: After cooking a turkey broccoli rice cheese casserole this evening it will not start now, it has been over 30 minutes. I've done all the above, plus seated and reseated the cooking basket many times without success. - david h
Honored Contributor

I have a new small appliance I had some trouble with.   At first it didn't work at all,  then  I discovered that I had to really push the plug hard where it went into the appliance... I mean hard.   Then it was okay. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@david on the road wrote:
When I use the CE 5.3 quart air fryer, after it completes the cooking cycle the air fryer will not power on. The screen is blank (completely off/no display) and I can't get it to restart. I have tried pushing the on/off and other buttons, and unplugging and replugging. After a bit (3-5 minutes) it works normally.

I'm thinking there is a heat cutoff switch. I have interrupted a cook program and can restart. If it is a longer cooking requirement should I pull the tray, then add time after "I do the shake"?

TIA, david h

@david on the road, sorry I don't have an answer,  this has happened to me, it's very frustrating especially cooking a turkey breast, I found I had to let it cool off for about 10 minutes, then re-start.  Hope someone comes up with the answer

Valued Contributor

I hate to say it because I REALLY liked their smaller model - that I recommend you just return it. There were so many flaws in this design they should have recalled it. After they re-engineer this thing to work properly and funcitonally I would reconsider ordering a larger one again. I am sending mine back for being faulty as well. Check the reviews on it - its awful.

Honored Contributor

@david on the road wrote:
Update: After cooking a turkey broccoli rice cheese casserole this evening it will not start now, it has been over 30 minutes. I've done all the above, plus seated and reseated the cooking basket many times without success. - david h

@david on the road Sounds like it's defective. You should return it for another one. I have not had any problems setting mine to start again after cooking in it. I made a turkey breast in ours & had to cook a little longer with no problems setting the timer to start again.

Does anyone know where I can find a manual for this? I haven't used my Air Fryer in forever and can't find it. I called Cheer Master and they don't have it.

Thanks