Contributor

K44485 Cook's Essentials 5-Cup Digital Perfect Cooker

K44485
Cook's Essentials 5-Cup Digital Perfect Cooker

I got this a couple of weeks ago and am just now using it today.  I measured out all the ingredients for the mac and cheese recipe, and before I even added the 1-1/4 cup of cheese, it was over the max fill line!  I fished out some macaroni and liquid to get it down (it was A LOT), so I guess I'll see how this turns out.  Anyone else have this problem?

Contributor

Re: K44485 Cook's Essentials 5-Cup Digital Perfect Cooker

Another thing, the recipe calls for cooking for 45 min, but the timer goes in 10 min. increments. 

Trusted Contributor

I have two of these and like them a lot. I even sent one to my daughter. However, the mac and cheese recipe did not turn out well for me at all. You have to increase the time with the touchpad. I believe it will go to 50 minutes. If something takes longer you just start it again. It is in 10 minute increments.

Contributor

It finally was done after 70 min, and really bland.  Definitely will use a different recipe next time.

Honored Contributor

There are easier ways to prepare food than with this silly gadget.  It takes 50 minutes to cook an omelet.  Give me 50 minutes and a frying pan and I'll cook it, eat it, and wash the dishes.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Makes great rice. I agree with fast things like omelettes. They come out rubbery in a cooker like that anyway.

Trusted Contributor

Yeah, it doesn't do everything well. But I've liked using this little guy, and I even bought a 2nd one for when the 1st one wears out. I make rice--perfect--but I also toss various things in it in at lunchtime, with some broth, and have lovely soups after a while with no further fuss. It's just so easy to use, clean, store and get out, And it warms up leftovers, even mac and cheese!