Honored Contributor

K43168 THREE-TIER OVEN RACKS THEY ARE SELLING ON IKWD--Do you have them?

[ Edited ]

K43168 

I just saw those and am thinking of getting them to store my baking pans on in the cabinets.  Do you think they would be good for this?  Are they sturdy?

Thanks!  

Honored Contributor

Re: K43168 THREE-TIER OVEN RACKS THEY ARE SELLING ON IKWD--Do you have them?

@Sooner I read the reviews here...most people think they work.  A few said it cooked uneven.  It's really a no brainer I think.  Cook the .... say turkey....then put in the racks....I think they're probably more for warming and making sure it comes out HOT at the same time.  

I bought a set (I don't cook anymore, but thought I'd give it to my daughter.

There is no way you could really COOK with them in the oven.  Maybe something like macaroni and cheese, nothing that really needs even heat.

They did all say they are well made (not flemsey).

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

You could use them for that, but I store mine vertically on their sides. Takes up much less space. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I just want them to store extra baking pans in a cabinet in the garage.  I won't be cooking on them.  I wanted to be sure a 9 x 13 pan would fit on them and not be too wobbly.  I probably would stack some smaller pans and bread pans.  I doubt a big ceramic 9 x 13 baker would fit--I don't know!

After 25 years of awful small single ovens, when we remodeled the kitchen about 15 years ago I bought a wonderful double oven with convection in the top.  It has four racks for each oven.  I have been in oven heaven ever since!  LOL!!

I don't ever use that oven that I am not thankful and feeling blessed to have it!  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've had kitchen storage on the brain lately, because we're moving to a new home where the kitchen---even though I chose the upgraded version--won't have any of the custom cabinet storage features that I have now.  I'm depressed just thinking of what I'm giving up and have been looking around at items like the racks you're talking about here.

Right now, I have a cabinet above the double oven that has a series of  vertical "walls", so all baking sheets, cutting boards,  and shallow  roasting pans can be slid in there, standing on their sides.

In other cabinets, I have a series of two to three pull-out drawers per cabinet that hold casserole dishes and pots and pans.  The  upper and lower corner cabinets have turntable  and swing-out features to maximize space and accessibility of mixing bowls, storage containers, spices, small appliances, etc.

I probably will never have another  chance to have a kitchen specifically designed for me, but if I did, I would definitely want these customized storage options that were  supplied for me through a professional kitchen designer. 

Meanwhile, let us know how those QVC metal racks work for storage purposes,  if you order them or already own them.  I'm not sure they would work for me in the oven.  Even putting two different dishes into the oven can change the cooking time and results.