Honored Contributor

K41789 - KA 4.5 Qt. Stand Mixer - ?

I want to purchase this as a gift for my niece (bday/ bridal shower) previously for brides I have purchased the 5 qt. and I saw the good deal (and color avail) for this one.

What is the difference, just the size of the bowl (a little wider/shorter)? I would like to purchase it now to take advantage of the lower shipping and color availability/ez pay.

Its on her registry at Macy's (ugh) and she knows I'm buying it -- plus, I doubt she is going to become a big baker (she barely can scramble eggs!).

For those who have it (I did read the reviews all good) is it as powerful as the larger model? I'm sure she will have this for years like I've had mine for over 26 years and still going strong until I upgraded to the 6qt professional lift as I bake / cook alot.

Thank you so much!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: K41789 - KA 4.5 Qt. Stand Mixer - ?

Probably not as powerful as the Pro, but for the occasional baker I think it is good....plus you are getting alot of the attachments. 

Respected Contributor

Re: K41789 - KA 4.5 Qt. Stand Mixer - ?

I, too have the Bowl Lift Pro with the higher wattage,  but I think I would be VERY happy with the gift you are considering..

After all, I didn't get mine till I was in my 40's, and she will have the advantage of having one for a lot longer!

Wish I had had one ll my life!