Honored Contributor

Re: K301216 prettiest mixers

you remember those shelves above the kitchen stove that people used to have back then?

I was at Menard's one time up in Ind and saw this old time stove with the shelf above it to hold salt and pepper , timer, etc.

When I had this house built I had a shelf put over my  electric cook top it holds paper plates,  s& p, I don't like regular ovens who wants to bend over all the time dragging out heavy turkeys, pans of rolls, etc. I got separate wall oven with microwave above it

I like to watch old time TV shows like I Love Lucy, Leave it to Beaver that showcases kitchens of that era.

By the way I was VERY YOUNG in that era LOL LOL just saying, now that I'm old I watch those shows to see what was considered trendy in the better homes back then.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

mine would be pink, bird of paradise, guava, all bright colors

black , platnium  , nah 

I have the Bird of Paradise...it’s such a beautiful shade!  

Honored Contributor

I saw that at Bed and Bath in person. Very pretty !

Honored Contributor

It's fun to look at pics of vintage kitchens on Pinterest.

Valued Contributor

Wish they would bring back cornflower.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE  We were just talking about that yesterday.  I've always had the stove oven combo and It seems stramge to me to seperate the two. It would take some geting used to.  You do make sense about the hauling heavy things out of the oven though.  I was reminded that most ( if not every) T.V. cooking show I've seen has the wall oven and the counter cooktop.  Heck, Julia had that set up WAY back in the day.  I just never made the connection.  ( Dis-connection?)   My old house considered it a giant leap to get rid of it's gas lamps to electric lights.   It's not set up for an In wall oven anyway BUT,  That's the way I'd go these days if I had my 'Druthers" .

As for Mixers I've had an almond one for years.  I'm finding I'm drawn to the Tangerine colour these days.  Seems odd even to me that I'm leaning towerds bolder colours  when I never have been before.  Whatever, I'm Gonna Go with it!

Honored Contributor

Yeah, I don't care about this stuff "this color matches my kitchen" huh?

I match appliances, but, just buy the color of mixer you like the best don't worry if it matches whatever else in the kitchen.

Nobody cares, really, except the person whose in there working half their

life.  I just like red and big Oster oven and mini Kitchen aid are red, toaster is red, one Foodi is red, etc.  All the other red stuff is stored in hallway counters and on tall shelf in laundry room. LOL

Got one pink hand mixer.

Go for it girl if you want tangerine then make it yours !