Honored Contributor

Re: Just what the doctor ordered?

@Nightowlz wrote:

Yum. Just send me your addy. I'm moving in with you. Looks like you like to cook. LOL!!!

Enjoy!!!

I cook because I need to.

I bake because I ❤️ to!

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@Nonametoday 

@kivah 

Well, I don't have a degree in dentistry. His doctor is well known and respected in this area, so I just have to believe that he knows what he's doing.

@house_cat   I am sorry but I think you have misconstrued the meaning of what I said.  Others indicated there were different ways of having implants done and I was only referencing my experience.  There was no intent to upset you or imply that what your husband's dentist was doing is wrong.  Sorry you felt that it was.  Have a nice weekend.

Honored Contributor

My goodness @house_cat your husband was truly blessed the day he first laid eyes on you.  From all your posts over the years it shows how much you love him and I am positive you receive right back in abundance!!  Beautiful "medicine" and would make going to the Dentist exciting instead of dreadful.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday 

No offense taken at all.  I am confused by the things I hear, particularly on tv where they advertise a full mouth of implants in one day. How is that possible?

@beckyb1012 

That's sweet of you to say.  It hasn't been an easy 38 years together - we are very different people.  However, underlying all of it is his wish to make me happy and my wish to make him happy, so somehow it's all worked out. I think we've reached that "in sickness and in health" part of our marriage vows, which are proving to be the most trying, but I'm not one to break a promise 😉

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat   I am sure you have a good dentist.  Different schools have different methodology.  I never received more than 2 at a time.  Oral surgeon would not do more than 2 and two only if they were adjacent teeth.  I do not condone doing a full mouth at one time.  I saw the film before I agreed to the procedure.  I think it would be not only painful, but dangerous, for a whole mouth at once but that is JMHO.  

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday 

Thankfully, he only needs two... you guessed it - the two front ones!  He has a device like a clear retainer with two front teeth in it - looks very real when he has it in, but he needs to remove it to eat, which has given us some good belly laughs. Still, the idea of three more months like this, on top of his other health problems, is quite daunting.  He already has no appetite and has gotten very thin, so this isn't helping that situation.  My mom used to say "getting old sucks" and I thought she was just a complainer.  Like most things Mom said over the years, I'm beginning to see the truth in them now.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@Nonametoday 

Thankfully, he only needs two... you guessed it - the two front ones!  He has a device like a clear retainer with two front teeth in it - looks very real when he has it in, but he needs to remove it to eat, which has given us some good belly laughs. Still, the idea of three more months like this, on top of his other health problems, is quite daunting.  He already has no appetite and has gotten very thin, so this isn't helping that situation.  My mom used to say "getting old sucks" and I thought she was just a complainer.  Like most things Mom said over the years, I'm beginning to see the truth in them now.

@house_cat   Ttwo of mine were front uppers wotj a flipper which looked just exactly like my teeth but price of a crown.  Hopefully, he will be able to eat as the soreness wears away and he becomes accustomed to the area.  You probably know when you have a tooth removed or a sore area in your mouth, you cannot keep your tongue away from it, because it feels strange.  This feels even stranger as the area is in the front but in a week or so, the new will hopefully wear off, and he will be comfortable eating, albeit without the device.  I lost weight during the process.  Mine were all 9 months each, from start to finish because the grafting took longer than most.  I have severe osteoporosis and grafting was an issue.  I trust he will be better soon.  If I were 25 years old and know what I know now, I would have every tooth implanted.  I really like the implanted teeth and the feel of them.  I know about old age.  It's not for the faint of heart.  Everyday is a challenge, something new and unwanted.

Honored Contributor

@house_cat 

I'm sure he'll do well.

I'm in the middle of an implant for a tooth that had a fused root which my dad also had in the chewing area.  Right now, I'm growing bone which takes 4-5 mos.

Your DH will do fine.  I had no problem eating after a week.

From the look of your kitchen, it looks like we decorate pretty much the same.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@house_cat :

Gracie and Shadow are also yummy.  8)

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

@house_cat :

Gracie and Shadow are also yummy.  8)

Surely you're not suggesting.....  🙀

~ house cat ~