Honored Contributor

Just what the doctor ordered?

DH had dental surgery this week. The dentist said he should eat soft foods only, for a week.  This is the first thing he asked me to make for him.  It is soft.. so I guess the dentist would approve, lol.

marble cake June 26 2019.jpg

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Just what the doctor ordered?

That certainly looks wonderful!

Respected Contributor

Marble pound cake?  I haven't thought of that in a million years.  My mom used to make it when I was a girl.  She is long gone and I am 65.

Thanks for the memories.  Your hubby will enjoy the cake.  WhenI had oral surgery I made Mac and cheese, scrambled eggs, tuna salad (mashed well, no veggies), cottage cheese, yogurt.  Hope he recovers quick.

Esteemed Contributor

That is a work of art, @house_cat !  I'll bet it's delicious, too.  Wow.

I love the FL light blue canister set.  That's one my my favorite patterns/colors.  I came close to buying that many times.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat   Lovely cake, lovely kitchen vignette.

Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat  I agree with @PinkyPetunia  I haven't thought about marble pound cake in ages. Soooo good!! 

Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat  You should post that pic on David V's Facebook #foodiefoto request next Tuesday,

Honored Contributor

CAKE?     YES......any time of day!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Thank you, ladies! It's always fun to share things here :-)

@PinkyPetunia 

Good suggestions.  He's in the process of getting a partial dental implant and the work they did this week needs THREE MONTHS to heal!  They said he should really eat a soft food diet for THREE MONTHS!  Yikes!  To make it more complicated, he already has no appetite and he's lost too much weight the last couple of years.  One of the things he will always munch is pound cake, so I a make sure to have it available most of the time.  I figure it's got some nutrition in it...

@Sweetbay magnolia 

I have only five pieces of Temptations and they are all the light blue floral lace color.  It makes my heart happy.  I do also have the Christmas Tree cookie jar.  I've been very happy with my Temptations purchases and if I ever get tired of the color or the pieces, it's inexpensive enough to donate without feeling guilty.  I haven't had any of the problems with it that so many others seem to have had.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

Thank you, ladies! It's always fun to share things here :-)

@PinkyPetunia 

Good suggestions.  He's in the process of getting a partial dental implant and the work they did this week needs THREE MONTHS to heal!  They said he should really eat a soft food diet for THREE MONTHS!  Yikes!  To make it more complicated, he already has no appetite and he's lost too much weight the last couple of years.  One of the things he will always munch is pound cake, so I a make sure to have it available most of the time.  I figure it's got some nutrition in it...

@Sweetbay magnolia 

I have only five pieces of Temptations and they are all the light blue floral lace color.  It makes my heart happy.  I do also have the Christmas Tree cookie jar.  I've been very happy with my Temptations purchases and if I ever get tired of the color or the pieces, it's inexpensive enough to donate without feeling guilty.  I haven't had any of the problems with it that so many others seem to have had.

I can't believe it will take 3 months for him to recover - makes no sense.