Respected Contributor

Re: Just wanted to post again about my Temptations negative dangerous experiences as a precaution for consumer usage

On 9/26/2014 RJL-DLL 75 said:

Thank you adoreqvc,

I hope your post is not deleted like so many others. I actually contacted QVC Corp. and few weeks ago and had a very nice talk with a girl about so many negative reviews being deleted after a particular poster kept reporting the posts.

She told me that posters should be able to post their experience with a product, good or bad without having the post deleted. They were going to contact the company that monitors the forums and go over community standards with them and tell them to be more careful in making sure that a post is, or is not in violation of these standards before deleting the post.

They also said if a person is banned for something that was NOT against Community Standards they can call corporate, as they feel that everyone that participates in these forums should have the right to voice their views and experiences as long as it is done in a respectful manner.

You're very welcome again RJL-DLL75, and thanks for your reply as well.

Valued Contributor

Re: Just wanted to post again about my Temptations negative dangerous experiences as a precaution for consumer usage

Please, please report them to the Consumer Protection site -- and refer that site to these forums. I've never bought this product, and never will, primarily because of the reports on these boards. Even one mishap is too many.

Valued Contributor

On 9/26/2014 millieshops said:

My Temptations are doing well, but I have only 2 - round, fluted casseroles. I use them for dishes where I want lots of topping - mac and cheese, breakfast casseroles, etc.

No idea whether more Temptations burst than others, but I do know from my 50+years of cooking occasionally, lots of brands (including even the old, great Corning) crack, explode, etc.

Be careful in the kitchen -- and short on the boards. I'm too busy using my Temptations to read a novel about it.

I don't care how many "other" brands "burst", break in half, explode, craze or chip. We are talking about TT. I own many different brands on ceramic and stone ware and all have been very good cookware. I have yet to have one crack, craze, chip or explode. Hope you continue to have good experiences with TT. I am just not willing to take a chance with a product that could cause injury to myself or my family.

Respected Contributor

Thank you Adoreqvc!
Honored Contributor

On 9/26/2014 Sweetbay magnolia said:

Report this to the CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission)?

Yes ... if it hasn't been done already, this should be reported. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Respected Contributor

I was in denial too until my Temptations Items caused dangerous accidents...then I was no longer loving the product since it evidently was defective in the manufacturing process, and still continues to generate negative posts throughout the internet.

Respected Contributor

On 9/26/2014 Mustangshar said: Thank you Adoreqvc!

You're welcome my friend, and stay safe.

Respected Contributor

I understand what you are communicating and this has been discussed for years yet people are still buying.

It's probably me but if I find something to be defective, would I continue to use it, no. After the 1st occurrence I would of packed all similar pans/dishes and either donated or tossed no matter if it's for cold or hot, but hey, that's me.

Respected Contributor

On 9/26/2014 RJL-DLL 75 said:
On 9/26/2014 millieshops said:

My Temptations are doing well, but I have only 2 - round, fluted casseroles. I use them for dishes where I want lots of topping - mac and cheese, breakfast casseroles, etc.

No idea whether more Temptations burst than others, but I do know from my 50+years of cooking occasionally, lots of brands (including even the old, great Corning) crack, explode, etc.

Be careful in the kitchen -- and short on the boards. I'm too busy using my Temptations to read a novel about it.

I don't care how many "other" brands "burst", break in half, explode, craze or chip. We are talking about TT. I own many different brands on ceramic and stone ware and all have been very good cookware. I have yet to have one crack, craze, chip or explode. Hope you continue to have good experiences with TT. I am just not willing to take a chance with a product that could cause injury to myself or my family.

I applaud you RJD-DLL75 for your common sense reply. "Thank you my friend for all your input, as I could not have said it better myself".

Be forewarned this is also a long post too, and that is also intentional.

This is my last post for a while as we are heading to the Mediterranean today, so I wish to say goodbye for now to all my QVC pals, and you know who you are and oyu also know that you will all certainly be missed!

I hope no one else suffers dangerous accidents from using this Temptations line.....if consumers use it, use it with the utmost care because it's great when it performs as promised.

"When it does not perform as promised and becomes unstable and highly unpredictable and dangerous to consumers that is where I for one draw the line.

When Temptations items explode unpredictably for no reason from ill use while in the hot oven ......or break unpredictably in half while in your hands when removed from a hot oven which leaves a dangerous hot food broken ceramic mess everywhere........or crack as it is being passed from guest to guest, around your dinning room table, then its time to call a spade a spade.

"A defect is a defect, is a defect.....no if's and's or but's".

I thank those who gave us their various Temptations experiences, because I know as a very interested consumer I most certainly greatly appreciate it when someone takes the time to post their pro or con negative dangerous experiences when using an item.

As a smart consumer I also know it would behoove everyone with common sense to read it, to be forewarned, because knowledge=power, and not complain if the post was informative and detailed in length.

"The length of the post was intentional so that anyone with common sense could in their mind's eye actually envision the shock and horror I, and my various dinner guests personally experienced. when these defective highly dangerous Temptations accidents occurred.

Everyone should have the proper pro and con knowledge about any product they, or anyone they care about use in their business, home, or any other type of consumer usage basis.....especially kitchen products. That is just basic common sense.

"I don't buy kitchen products because they look cute, or because I love the pattern".

"I buy them because they are supposed to have passed rigid strict manufacturing and high quality control standards, and evidently this Temptations line does not totally meet all those standards, especially from all the internet posts appearing through out the internet". They are supposed to perform according to what the manufacturer and owner states on public television when selling her items. Mine and others have not!

These defects in manufacturing and total down grade of quality from the original Temptations line of years ago must be addressed now in regards to their current defective manufacturing processes, so no one else experiences dangerous accidents.

As a consumer I would rather pay more $ and have a decent kitchen ware product which has been manufactured to the highest quality standards possible.

When the Temptations line began it was better thicker heavier quality, and now it is shoddy, cheap unpredictable throw away Chinese imported kitchen ware.

Above all consumer safety and good quality and proper safe manufacturing guidelines, should take prescience over profits!

Every consumer is entitled to the highest safest strictest manufacturing guidelines, and now this Temptations cheap Chinese throw away junk has missed those marks, and that is also very evident, especially by all the negative and dangerous Temptations posts on the internet, in addition to all of the clearance and sales prices here as well.

Until our paths cross again, stay safe my friends, and take good care.

Esteemed Contributor

It should be reported!

Maybe a class action lawsuit is in order.