Contributor

Re: Just wanted to post again about my Temptations negative dangerous experiences as a precaution for consumer usage

i never had a problem with temptations other than being broken in a shipment. Love the brand and so do all my friends who now use temptations too.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Just wanted to post again about my Temptations negative dangerous experiences as a precaution for consumer usage

I have not had any problems with my bakers. Certainly I dont believe they are a dangerous product at all.

Occasional Contributor

http://czqunfa.en.alibaba.com/product/1970446600-211907175/Hand_painted_ceramic_bakeware_set_with_ir...

I really like my bakers here is more info that I found on the manufacturer.I dont know if Tara still uses this company or not.

Frequent Contributor

MsPatty...that website is interesting. If you select the cassarole product and go to page 4 and scroll down a bit you will find cassaroles that look remarkably like the old world pattern. Hmmm...not sure how Tara could be considered the designer of a product offered by a mega Chinese corporation. Alibaba is a huge Chnese company that sells everything like Amazon and in fact is opening an office in Seattle to compete with Amazon on their home turf. I'm aware of this because I work in technology and keep up on where the jobs are. That being said, I mostly buy Fiestaware because of the quality, colors and versitility. I do have some old temptation pieces that haven't given me any problems. I don't use them often however. The last temptation piece I bought is a bowl I'm using as a planter!
Contributor

I have several pieces of Old World temptations and my first piece, a 9x13 lid it, cracked in two pieces in the oven tonight while warming up boneless ribs. It makes me scared to use anymore pieces in the oven. I have read about this before and always thought since I take care of my pieces and follow the instructions it won't happen to me. Wrong. It did happen. I have lots of money invested in these sets and am very disappointed in this product.
Honored Contributor

I will only buy items that do not require being put in an oven. I have two chip and dip sets and a bread basket. I gave away the only ""set"" of bakeware I had from years ago because of issues. I have invested in Gloria's Polish Stoneware for years (starting on QVC) and continue to buy from the Zanger Co. on line.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

On 9/30/2014 shoekitty said:
On 9/30/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:

Oh my. I never thought I could see such animosity over bake ware.

Me neither. Makes me wonder why?

I think it's because many of us truly believed that QVC offered high quality items.

We wanted to believe that TT was a great product - because QVC stood behind it and supported Tara 110%.

THEN our pieces started breaking...and trust went out the window.

If I bought a casserole at Dollar General - I wouldn't expect much....but I really trusted QVC.