Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just received Cheryl's TSV

@luvsshopping wrote:

I purchased Cheryl's cookies several years ago. Horrible.

thick, tasteless and overloaded with icing. Could not eat them but hated to throw them out. I eventually did throw them out because nobody seemed interested in them. What a waste of money. Can't believe they're still selling them!

Yes!  Your description is exactly what I thought:  tasteless and overloaded with icing.  I received them as gifts twice, and ended up giving most of them away.

Honored Contributor

I tend to think people are inclined to leave bad reviews more often than good ones. 

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

I tend to think people are inclined to leave bad reviews more often than good ones. 

I agree.  When I read reviews, I always want to know why the person liked or disliked something.  Maybe what bothers some people wouldn't bother me at all.  "The icing is very sweet" might actually sound good to some, but not to others.  Or "The lemon flavor was too strong" might not be a problem for someone who really loves lemon.

This is off-topic a bit, but I love my doctor.  He has great ratings everywhere I've checked, but occasionally I'll see a negative review that goes something like this: "He's very good and he listens to what his patients say, but there's always a long wait to see him".  For some people that long wait might be a dealbreaker.  For me, it's fine.  I think he's worth it.

So I always want to know the reason for a negative review.  I do take all reviews with a grain of salt, though, because - as you said - people are more inclined to leave negative reviews than positive ones.

Respected Contributor

Good to know since I’ve been on the fence about their products. I will keep shopping local.

Honored Contributor

My experience has been as follows:

1) If I order a TSV from QVC, there is ALWAYS a problem. Dry cookies, broken cookies, smashed package and cookies missing frosting or have the WRONG holiday motif. Usually it's ALL of the above.

2) If I order a NON TSV from QVC or Cheryl's (Rarely from Cheryl's), perfection. 

Every. Single. Time.

Valued Contributor

Cheryls cookies are the WORST!!  I bought some one year for a special occassion and my daughter ended up giving them out to her kids at school.  LOFTHOUSE is by far the BEST cookie on the market..... they make tons of flavors and lots of special occasion cookies at a very reasonable price.AND......the frosting is OUT OF THIS WORLD. Cheryls tries to replicate it, but comes no where near it.

Valued Contributor

LOFTHOUSE are the BOMB.  chocolate frosted chocolate brownie cookies are the best.

Honored Contributor

I don't think vendors do a good job of "enclosing a gift card" when you do "bill to/ship to".  A couple of years ago I sent the Junior's Cheesecake mini cakes to a friend in another city.  I found out (from a family member) that she called QVC to say she hadn't placed an order and didn't want to be charged for these, etc.  QVC couldn't seem to help her.     I guess finally she found (in small print) something saying I had sent them.  I was embarrassed.  Won't use bill to/ship to again.  Also, I had the same item sent to me and gifted it to a neighbor.  No one  said they liked the cheesecakes.

Valued Contributor

I need to look for these Lofthouse cookies next time I go shopping.

Valued Contributor

I have had Cheryl’s cookies. If anyone sees the Spring cookies in Aldis resembling Cheryl’s with the frosting give them a try. They are very enjoyable. I hope they still have them when I go back. Or maybe good that they don’t. LOL