Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just received Cheryl's TSV

[ Edited ]

I've received these as gifts twice, both times directly from Cheryl's (not QVC).  And both times they were disappointing.

Several of the cookies were broken and crumbled.  Lots of crumbs.  I thought the frosting was way too thick, annoyingly sweet and artifical-tasting, and I wasn't impressed with the cookies themselves. They definitely weren't anything special.  I've had plenty of supermarket cookies that taste a whole lot better.

When I received the first gift, there was nothing enclosed to indicate who had sent them.  So I called Cheryl's CS, and went thru one of the most frustrating CS experiences I've ever had.  The rep didn't know how to access that information and didn't understand why I wanted to know.   It took a long time, but eventually they located the info (which should have been enclosed), but whoever took the order badly messed up the names.  I was treated as though I was a bother. 

The second time, there was a gift card enclosed (actually a small strip of paper), and the message had been cut off, but I was able to figure out on my own who had sent them.  Once again, some of the cookies were broken and crumbled.  I tried one or two, threw out the really crumbly ones, and gave the rest away.

So I would never order them for myself, and for sure I wouldn't order them as a gift.  I wouldn't trust Cheryl's to get even the names right, their quality control is clearly lacking, and I don't think the cookies are very good anyway.

(Welcome to the forums!  And don't worry about your post being negative. Mine is far more so!)  :-)

Respected Contributor

Never order these cookies but the reviews are bad, heard so much broken & not up to what they expected. I would not order these cookies. Cheryl needs better package & maybe new flavors.

Super Contributor

As @Kitkat51 posted, Lofthouse cookies are just as good and a heck of a lot cheaper.

Honored Contributor

@kam24---call CS and get your money back!! You don't need to send them back either. This very thing happened when I ordered the Germack nuts---they were all broken pieces and the iside of the container was dusty looking from being shipped and apparently, drop kicked all the way; not like the beautiful display that was shown on the show. I did use them in recipes so didn't call. But I was going to give them as a gift originally,  but not in that condition.

Regular Contributor

@kam24 thanks for the review.  Personally, I don't "get" Cheryl's Cookies.  A few years ago I sent my mom flowers from 1-800-Flowers.com and they asked if I wanted to add Cheryl's Cookies for a small additional price.  I said yes.   Well, she and my stepfather RAVED about them.  RAVED!  So, I have periodically sent them to her since then, most recently for Thanksgiving 2018.  Since I was going to visit then, I asked her to save me one so I could finally taste them. 

Well, lets say I was unimpressed.   First of all, I don't like "cakey" cookies.  They weren't stale, but they didn't taste fresh either.  They were thin cakes with frosting.  Okay, but not special for me.   I don't think any were broken; I didn't see the packaging (she had them in a dish, still individually wrapped).  Also, I bought them from Cheryl's not QVC.  Still, I'll get them for her but I won't be buying them for me, LOL!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kam24Thank you for the information on Cheryl's TSV cookies,  I have never ordered them and I am glad I have not, appreciate the review.  If you have not as yet, it might be good to post a review of this TSV on the website of the item so that others will know your experience.  Thanks again!

And yes, call CS or send an email to qvcsocialteam@qvc.com, provide your order# and explain your experience and/or disappointment, you will receive a refund.  I just sent a refund request today for a food item I ordered and did not like at all....refund provided!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I did not get this TSV, but I’ve been ordering Cheryl’s cookies for years; both through QVC and directly with Cheryl’s.  I’ve always been happy.  I can’t say that I’ve never received a broken cookie, but if I did, it was only one or two.  They still taste the same, LOL.  I never give them as gifts, so that could be why I wouldn’t get too upset if a cookie or two was broken. 

I was even on A/D for over two years and received a batch on every holiday and each shipment arrived in perfect condition as far as I can remember.  I loved the convenience of tossing one in my lunch bag and bringing it to work each day.  I would always eat it mid-afternoon during my 15-minute break.

Sorry to hear that some are not satisfied, but I guess that happens with every food product.  People’s tastes are different and their postal services are different in every part of the country.  I’ve always lived in a region where my packages (both UPS and U.S Post Office) are handled with care, but I hear horror stories from other parts of the country.  The way some packages are treated, it’s no wonder that people receive food products that are broken and bruised.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Trusted Contributor

They were not anything special.  Certainly do not live up to hype they give them on QVC.  I agree, Lofthouse cookies are better.

Frequent Contributor

I purchased Cheryl's cookies several years ago. Horrible.

thick, tasteless and overloaded with icing. Could not eat them but hated to throw them out. I eventually did throw them out because nobody seemed interested in them. What a waste of money. Can't believe they're still selling them!

Esteemed Contributor

@Topaz Gem wrote:

I did not get this TSV, but I’ve been ordering Cheryl’s cookies for years; both through QVC and directly with them.  I’ve always been happy.  I can’t say that I’ve never received a broken cookie, but if I did, it was only one or two.  They still taste the same, LOL.  I never give them as gifts, so that could be why I wouldn’t get too upset if a cookie or two was broken. 

I was even on A/D for over two years and received a batch on every holiday and each shipment arrived in perfect condition as far as I can remember.  I loved the convenience of tossing one in my lunch bag and bringing it to work each day.  I would always eat it mid-afternoon during my 15-minute break.

Sorry to hear that some are not satisfied, but I guess that happens with every food product.  People’s tastes are different and their postal services are different in every part of the country.  I’ve always lived in a region where my packages (both UPS and U.S Post Office) are handled with care, but I hear horror stories from other parts of the country.  The way some packages are treated, it’s no wonder that people receive food products that are broken and bruised.

I agree with you re people having different tastes.  I didn't like Cheryl's Cookies, but I know that lots of people do.  Honestly, I wouldn't want them even if they were free.

I do disagree re postal services, though.  I received two deliveries of Cheryl's, and both had numerous broken cookies, lots of crumbs, etc.  The outer packages weren't damaged at all.   Delivery in my area has always been excellent - I get packages all the time, and nothing has ever arrived damaged.  So I blame Cheryl's for the condition the cookies were in when they arrived.