Contributor

Boy, not impressed so far.

These were NOT a gift or for gift-giving. Thank goodness.

1) If you are going to showcase the box/artwork that the cookies come in - make sure to pack it so it does not come damaged. The corner of my box was damaged. Not a big deal for me since this was not a gift, but if this was a gift, that would be disappointing.

2) Paying this much for cookies (even with the "deal") - EVERY cookie should be intact. Two of the cookies were partially broken (edges broken off and crumbs in the bag). Also, some of the frosted cookies did not have the frosting even resemble an egg shape. Some of the cookies had the frosting cut off way before the edge of the cookie. Again, if these were for gifts, I would already have lost 5 cookies I could use.

3) I tried the Peanut Butter cookie. This had to be one of the driest Peanut Butter Cookies I have ever eaten. I guess it was soft-ish, but really dry. In fact, after eating that cookie, I was NOT tempted to try any others right away. So, I guess that will make them last.

I have not tried any of the other ones yet. I am definitely canceling the AutoDelivery. If more of the cookies aren't any good, I think I will return them.

Overall, very disappointed. But, at least I won't be tempted EVER again with any of their presentations.

Curious as to what others have received. (Sorry for the negative post...)

Honored Contributor

Re: Just received Cheryl's TSV

@kam24 

Don't apologize, other purchasers will appreciate your honest review!

And to be honest, yours is not the first negative one I've read on these forums regarding this product.

If you're unhappy with the order, call CS and they will give you credit without you having to return it.

That's their policy on all food items.

Welcome to the forums!

Image result for welcome to the forum image

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@kam24 - The packaging is actually my biggest complaint with Cheryl's; every order I've received (whether via QVC or the company's website) has arrived with a corner or two smashed in, which in turn smashes some cookies. I've sent lots of feedback about this along with suggestions for putting just a small bit of padding in each corner and atop the cookies in the boxes, but nothing has changed. These tiny adjustments would result in far more successful cookie deliveries at a negligible cost, so I really hope they might be implemented someday.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your cookies! Cheryl's certainly aren't as good as homemade, but my family really likes them. If you ever get a chance to try the salted caramel buttercream frosted cookie, go for it—that flavor is truly delicious.

Welcome to the forums...  Smiley Happy

Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@kam24 

Don't apologize, other purchasers will appreciate your honest review!

And to be honest, yours is not the first negative one I've read on these forums regarding this product.

If you're unhappy with the order, call CS and they will give you credit without you having to return it.

That's their policy on all food items.

Welcome to the forums!

Image result for welcome to the forum image

Thank you for the "Welcome"!

I will see how many aren't good before deciding. I had read some of the reviews - but many were about the cookies being very sweet. Well, that would be a good thing for me! No such thing as anything that is too sweet in my book. LOL. If they were too sweet than my husband wouldn't eat them and they would be all mine!! Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

I had Cheryl's Lemonade cookies, they were good & a thoughtful gift BUT when I want frosted sugar cookies I buy Lofthouse...12 for less than $3.00 at the grocery store. They make shapes for Holidays & other cookies too...always fresh, soft & it only takes one to satisfy your sweet tooth. 

Honored Contributor

They are just expensive packaged cookies.  Nothing more, nothing less.  I do buy them during the holidays but it's just for convenience sake because I don't bake my Christmas cookies until a week before Christmas and I like to have cookies in the house after Thanksgiving. I wouldn't buy them any other time of the year.

Respected Contributor

I bought Cheryl's cookies once.  I didn't feel they were very tasty - just blah!  They're soooooo pretty, but I don't think I'll order again.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

sent out three sets of cheryls, including the one with the easter egg cookie jar.

they received them within two days of shipment and raved about them to me. i posted this on another thread.

the only thing that i did not like was that they did not get any type of card or invoice saying who they were from.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I’ve never ordered because the reviews aren’t very favorable. 

Respected Contributor

I received mine in perfect condition and all cookies perfectly frosted, others just great. Clearly the manufacturer does NOT have quality control down pat to let those flawed cookies pass. Sometimes these companies set quotas for production that aren’t realistic