Honored Contributor

Re: Just my opinion BUT Kansas City Steak gift

I wish these companies would just face it, some foods don't do at all well frozen.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wish QVC and HSN would tell us, the viewers, that the meat and most food products we see on TeeVee were purchased in their local Wegmans(PA)or Publix(FLA)....

I ordered Rastelli's "reserve" rib eyes and they were TERRIBLE....got a refund from QVC..

THey were "reserved" in some warehouse from before Y2K.

The steaks and stuff you see on TeeVee are NOT what you get.

I don't know how they get away with it, and I can NOT understand how Rastelli's can be voted best food...maybe for dog food?

I get meat locally and am never disappointed.

I'm getting so bitter in my "old age".....EVERYTHING is a gimmick today. Weight loss from magic pills,colored green water with sugar in it to take the place of real veggies, shaker plates that make you "lose weight without work: and expensive "side dishes" made out of  25 cents worth of ingredients for 50 dollars a tray, and meat that looks like the best cuts when David and Domeir demonstrate it but is really just dreck.

Landies Candies, crab cakes, two other fails.....

Fool me once....

At least QVC gives a fast refund on food. But the vendor probably has to pay the cost of those refunds...

And....ALWAYS Check the reviews before you buy. Sometimes they hide reviews if it's a current offering on teevee....so think about it when you're NOT about to buy.

Like today for instance. Look at the food reviews...most are terrible .

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was gifted Rastelli Beef Wellington and it was fantastic! 

I cooked it from frozen and was delighted with the MR results.

I did mist the pastry b4 baking and broiled about 5 mins at the end.  It was a DELIGHTFUL Christmas Eve dinner.

@Othereeeen   You do sound very bitter!  That's sad!  I disagree with you that reviews are hidden.  I have NO problem reading reviews....and some bad reviews are just complaints about delivery, which have Nothing to do w/ quality.

I order a TON of food, usually get good value and excellent products.  i do NOT pay any more than other delivery services of higher quality products.

If necessary, QVC refunds unacceptable food purchases...so NO risk.

I agree @homedecor1 .  I wouldn't say anything.  It was a very thoughtful gift, why hurt their feelings.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, I was gifted a Publix Prime Rib (6.99 lb) seasoned, cook on the rotissierie, sliced and vacuum sealed for whenever!

My son makes a mean Prime Rib. 

You can vacuum seal it and nuke it till the bag puffs up and it is just like fresh off the rotissierie. 

He brought me over 5 lbs, ready to eat, whenever!  Such a good boy Santa!!!!!

Respected Contributor

My Rastelli’s beef Wellington was also delicious. So were my Landies pretzels.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am not one who cooks or eats much beef, therefore, I'm reserving my disappointment to minimal -- plus, not a wine user which we believe the mushrooms were marinated.

I just wondered -- so thank you for the Rastelli review.  Hardly buy any pre-made frozen food (unless fish). Lately,  being sick just might be our taste buds changing or my cooking ability😉

And you're right I didn't say anything to the gift-giver not necessary (plus they eat and buy from KC always).  

@RespectLife 

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 

I'm so sorry to hear you were/are sick!  It certainly does make a difference in our taste.

I also order Chicken Wellington from Heartland Fresh here at Q (not KC)

I think it was in their directions to spritz the puffs w/ water.  It really does make a diff to get the outside crisp and not mushy.

When my AD's run out, I won't reorder, only because the prices have gone so high.

I like to cook fresh too, but a Wellington is beyond my skills!   LOL

I have rec'd gifts from Omaha & KC over the years.  Sometimes good, sometimes meh!

But it's the thought that counts....my sis leans twds Omaha a lot.  She doesn't have great grocery/butcher stores and is always pleased.  Easier for her to order than drive so far.

Hope you are back to 100% soon!

Honored Contributor

@Zhills 

First Merry Christmas and many well wishes for a Blessed New Year🎉

I wish I knew how to cook beef well.  I reserve that to those who know how to cook it properly.

What a nice gift from you son aka 🎅🏻!😊

I'll bring salad, sides or dessert if you want dinner company 😉

As I came home today from spouse appt at Tampa General I passed the signs for "zhills" and thought of you🥰

Homedecor1

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1  if the Giver ask it you enjoyed the gift I would say yes, but I prefer------------ that way you won't be gifted beef wellington next time.

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Zhills 

I'll bring salad, sides or dessert if you want dinner company 😉

As I came home today from spouse appt at Tampa General I passed the signs for "zhills" and thought of you🥰

We'll have to make that connection this year.  Last year was the pits for both of us, it has to get better!  I think of you often.

Merry Christmas and Happy 2022!

Homedecor1