Respected Contributor

Re: Just made my stuffed meatloaf recipe with garlic mashed and stringbeans for an early dinner

On 3/8/2015 chips said:

I just found this thread. I have been ill with an upper respiratory infection for about 2 weeks now and it has drained all the life out of me. I get home, make supper and sit down and almost immediately fall asleep. I am on the mend now. Love the sound of that meatloaf but I have to skip the olives as my DH does not like them. Can't understand it as I have never met an live that I didn't like. Good hearing from you. I too love to cook and prepare in the kitchen. It is relaxing to me.

Dear chips,

I am so sorry to read you are suffering so long with a respiratory infection chips.

I get them too having asthma, and as we age we seem to develop allergies we never had before, and that also contributes to respiratory illnesses.

Prescription antibiotics with steroids usually work for me, and if I have a cough then a prescription cough syrup with codeine is usually prescribed.

Plenty hydration and lite foods which will not overwhelm and cause an upset to me is what the Physician usually recommends.

I hope you went to a Physician for the best treatment, or to the Hospital because that is a very serious illness chips.

I also hope they prescribed antibiotics and steroids with cough medicine if also needed to cure the infection, and gave you a proper diet to follow while you are on the mend, because heavy foods will probably not be well tolerated for a while at least.

I will hold you in my daily prayers chips, and hope you fully and quickly recover to feeling 100% soon my friend!

About my meatloaf recipe omit the olives, no problem at all.

Actually you can follow it's methodology, but you can also add different sausage without the casings if you prefer, or do a combo of different meats or turkey, or chicken meats if you prefer.

I am glad to learn you also find cooking relaxing.........I totally agree and even when we are abroad on our next trip if possible I will try and request a full kitchenette with our hotel reservations, so we can cook when we wish because there is only so much restaurant and hotel food one can eat, before they miss their own cooking and favorite meals.

When you feel better I hope you will try the recipe and create it to your own needs and preferences, and then post back to let me know the outcome. I hope you and your husband will enjoy it.

Happy Sunday dear chips, and prayers included hoping you will have a full recovery very soon....and get well fast hugs also included, at no extra charge{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}.

Respected Contributor

Re: Just made my stuffed meatloaf recipe with garlic mashed and stringbeans for an early dinner

On 3/8/2015 TuesdayTaylor said:
On 3/5/2015 bullyluv said: Adoreqvc...I am new to your posts with recipes and cooking tips...thanks so much! I really enjoy your ideas. I'm going to make your lemon soup!!! Keep up the posting and sorry about the people who are so rude to you!

Bully, it makes me sick reading that people attack Adore - she is one of the most kindhearted people I've ever come across on the internet - a wonderful human being with a heart of gold.

I am so deeply humbled and quite touched by your kind caring very generous reply TuesdayTaylor.

You are also my wonderful treasured very kind and smart cyber friend too TuesdayTaylor{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Lord knows I certainly try my very best, and when I read replies like yours I am not only humbled, but know in my heart I have succeeded helping others also enjoy what I enjoy.

Blessings and many thanks dear friend, and I feel the same about you, and all our great QVC pals, including our latest new pals.

Happy safe Sunday, and enjoy your day!

P.S. TuesdayTaylor did you ever read my additional reply to you of #22 of 22 where I gave you some very useful additional information on your "For "adoreqvc"?

Please reply so I know you read it as it was entailed with a great deal of helpful hints and knowledge I would have loved to have acquired from a seasoned pro cook/baker, had I not had the wonderful family pro seasoned cooks personally teach me.

I hope I did not do all that typing in vain....but if I did perhaps others can also enjoy it.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/8/2015 adoreqvc said:
On 3/8/2015 TuesdayTaylor said:
On 3/5/2015 bullyluv said: Adoreqvc...I am new to your posts with recipes and cooking tips...thanks so much! I really enjoy your ideas. I'm going to make your lemon soup!!! Keep up the posting and sorry about the people who are so rude to you!

Bully, it makes me sick reading that people attack Adore - she is one of the most kindhearted people I've ever come across on the internet - a wonderful human being with a heart of gold.

I am so deeply humbled and quite touched by your kind caring very generous reply TuesdayTaylor.

You are also my wonderful treasured very kind and smart cyber friend too TuesdayTaylor{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Lord knows I certainly try my very best, and when I read replies like yours I am not only humbled, but know in my heart I have succeeded helping others also enjoy what I enjoy.

Blessings and many thanks dear friend, and I feel the same about you, and all our great QVC pals, including our latest new pals.

Happy safe Sunday, and enjoy your day!

P.S. TuesdayTaylor did you ever read my additional reply to you of #22 of 22 where I gave you some very useful additional information on your "For "adoreqvc"?

Please reply so I know you read it as it was entailed with a great deal of helpful hints and knowledge I would have loved to have acquired from a seasoned pro cook/baker, had I not had the wonderful family pro seasoned cooks personally teach me.

I hope I did not do all that typing in vain....but if I did perhaps others can also enjoy it.

Oh my heavens, no I didn't see the additional tips!! I will go to it now - I will probably end up printing it and saving it! Thank you!!!

Respected Contributor

TuesdayTaylor,

I am so glad you did reply above and will check it out.

The additional information I posted was to enable you to fully understand about using various thermometers when cooking, and not feel intimidated about them, or about various cooking terms used when referring to recipe instructions.

Happy Cooking, and happy safe eating sweetieSmile.

Respected Contributor

This sounds amazing - thank you!

Respected Contributor

On 3/9/2015 FastDogWalker2 said:

This sounds amazing - thank you!

You are most welcome!

I hope you try it FastDogWalker2, and thanks for your very nice reply!

Honored Contributor

Good Monday Morning, adoreqvc and all friends following this thread!

I am pleased to report my Avogolemono soup was devine! It was the easiest recipe to make!

I used 2 lemons instead of 1-1/2 so I didn't have a half of lemon left over. Those guys always crawl to the back of the fridge and hide...then turn green and fuzzy! So I used both. DH thought it was 'too lemony' but what does he know! LOL I love lemon so I thought it was perfect. The 1-1/2 would be perfect for those not wanting additional lemon as I did.

I served it as our main meal. I had some rotis. chix to use up and threw that in too. I did use the cornstarch to thicken as you suggested.

I remember my BIL's Aunt Mary (came here from Greece as an adult) always had it thicker than I have created before...so I followed your suggestion. That was very helpful, Adore, because that was what was missing in my previous attempts at avogolemono....a thickness! I was aiming for the avogolemono closer to her recipe. Not just chicken broth soup w/ lemon flavor. This recipe was just perfect.

I was unsure of the optional dried mint as I had never had that in the soup previously. I decided to just sprinkle some on top of the soup as I served. I must say...I LOVED the hint of mint!

I can't wait for my sister to come visit again (from NJ) so I can make it for her. She was lucky enough to have Aunt Mary's soup quite often when they lived near her in NH.

Thanks so much for this terrific recipe and the wonderful memories it brought back to me!

I am sorry to read on another thread (potsticker soup) that your DH is under the weather. Best wishes to him for returned health...and prayers for you as you minister to him!

HUGS!

Respected Contributor

On 3/9/2015 RespectLife said:

Good Monday Morning, adoreqvc and all friends following this thread!

I am pleased to report my Avogolemono soup was devine! It was the easiest recipe to make!

I used 2 lemons instead of 1-1/2 so I didn't have a half of lemon left over. Those guys always crawl to the back of the fridge and hide...then turn green and fuzzy! So I used both. DH thought it was 'too lemony' but what does he know! LOL I love lemon so I thought it was perfect. The 1-1/2 would be perfect for those not wanting additional lemon as I did.

I served it as our main meal. I had some rotis. chix to use up and threw that in too. I did use the cornstarch to thicken as you suggested.

I remember my BIL's Aunt Mary (came here from Greece as an adult) always had it thicker than I have created before...so I followed your suggestion. That was very helpful, Adore, because that was what was missing in my previous attempts at avogolemono....a thickness! I was aiming for the avogolemono closer to her recipe. Not just chicken broth soup w/ lemon flavor. This recipe was just perfect.

I was unsure of the optional dried mint as I had never had that in the soup previously. I decided to just sprinkle some on top of the soup as I served. I must say...I LOVED the hint of mint!

I can't wait for my sister to come visit again (from NJ) so I can make it for her. She was lucky enough to have Aunt Mary's soup quite often when they lived near her in NH.

Thanks so much for this terrific recipe and the wonderful memories it brought back to me!

I am sorry to read on another thread (potsticker soup) that your DH is under the weather. Best wishes to him for returned health...and prayers for you as you minister to him!

HUGS!

Hi RespectLife,

What a lovely informative reply, and I was humbled to share your memories with you about your BIL's Aunt Mary, and her Avgolemono soup.

"Memories are wonderful as they are our our very own personal infinite treasure."

We also use 2 lemons in the Avgolemono Soup, as we also prefer a very lemony taste.

I am so glad the cornstarch thickened the soup for you, and was exactly like your BIL's Aunt Mary's soup..... that touch of mint in the soup is the perfect touch. (Also great as a spice to add to Greek Roasted leg of Lamb).

Your Sister will love the Avgolemono soup when she visits.....you all will.

BTW New Hampshire is still loaded with Greeks.

We visit the New England States often and always love N.H, especially in the Spring and Fall when the weather is perfect.....not too hot and not cold yet! Great sightseeing and vacation times of the year.

Thanks for your very sympathetic kind feel better well wishes for Phillip.

I think men have a tendency to instinctively pay no attention to the weather or their wives. Many times I always felt due to the situation many men probably tune their wives out, and do their own stubborn thing anyway, regardless of the consequences.

Well my Hercules went out in the back yard to get something out of the shed, and stayed there for about 1/2 hour fixing something outside of the shed, without a jacket or coat....and it was cold outside.

Of course I did not realize because I was taking my leisurely bubble bath with my Ahava dead sea salts. It was so invigorating.

Being a man my husband would never admit he goofed, and should have listened to me when I reminded him that it's cold outside put a jacket on.

So my Hercules now in addition to his head and chest cold and congestion, has also acquired laryngitis, which I really feel bad about, but now he resorts to torturing me with the blasted room to room intercom.......which by the way I just shut off completely. That constant buzzing sound begins when he cannot speak and it gave me a migraine this afternoon.

I let him know I shut it off, and he was not too pleased.

A few minutes later he found another irritant....Our crystal wedding bell favors, which I always keep a set of on display with other crystal collectibles, in the master bedroom curio cabinet. Those crystal wedding bell favors are really beautiful, but is so irritating when he rings it constantly every few minutes for one thing or another.

Ahhhhhh there he goes again ringing that blasted bell.

Oh the misery we wives suffer in the name of love!

BTW but I added a few drops of pure Oil of Oregano and pure Oil of Lavender to the Vicks Vaporub, so it should really work fast to help ease his chest congestion, and smell a bit friendlier. (God forbid if I should forget his woolen cloth to cover his chest to keep the heat in from the Vicks).

Greeks have so many home remedies which really work, and work fast......now to find one to have a silence of the bell......wouldn't that be nice for me for at least 1/2 hour to be able to get some housework done which is long overdue, since Hercules got sick.

Would love to see men give birth......wow would I love to see that......9 months of morning sickness, heaviness, wobbling unsteadiness on your feet, examinations and tests up the kazoo, and the joy of giving birth naturally.....I would pay to see that.....really I would RespectLife. I do not think any man could handle that as well as women do.

Good thing I made plenty of that delicious potsticker soup. The leftovers are in the fridge and I nuke his portion, add some extra lemon to it and he loves it.

You should try that make your own potstickers recipe I listed on the potsticker soup thread, or buy ready made and make that potsticker soup. It really is quite easy and delicious, and I know will help with Hubby’s cold now.

Ahhhhhh there he goes again ringing that blasted bell!

MEN!!!!!!!! Ya can't live with them, and ya can't live without them......but I wish I knew when they have a little cold why is the earth coming to an end?

I love him so much, but in truth Men are big babies and need extra TLC when they get sick even with a little chest cold, so loving them as we do we just do everything to make them feel better, even if some of their antics exhausts us.

At this rate I think I will force him to come into the living room and lay on the recliner covered with his favorite Giants football blanket, and let him watch some sports if he can't sleep. Better I move him in here even if only to save my sanity, and not hear that darn bell anymore!!!

Well I am off again since he is ringing that blasted bell now nonstop, and probably wants another back and chest rub with alcohol and his favorite smelly Vicks Vaporub. Guess I can't take away the wedding bells or he will explode from not being able to get my attention. I just wish he would sleep a bit in between ringing that darn bell!

I will catch up with you soon, thanks for allowing me to vent, and you take good care too my friend!

Honored Contributor

Oh Adore, you had me snickering and LOL through your whole reply! You nailed 'men' pretty much right on the head! LOL Your post was just too precious! Every time I hear a bell ring now...I won't think an Angel got its wings....I will think "Phillip needs Adoreqvc again!"

Thanks for the laugh...

I have made the potsticker soup many times! I have gotten to know Mustanglady from that very recipe. She is a wonderful QVC Recipe pal as well! We have had many great chats over that soup. I have never made potstickers from scratch...maybe some day....

Respected Contributor

On 3/9/2015 RespectLife said:

Oh Adore, you had me snickering and LOL through your whole reply! You nailed 'men' pretty much right on the head! LOL Your post was just too precious! Every time I hear a bell ring now...I won't think an Angel got its wings....I will think "Phillip needs Adoreqvc again!"

Thanks for the laugh...

I have made the potsticker soup many times! I have gotten to know Mustanglady from that very recipe. She is a wonderful QVC Recipe pal as well! We have had many great chats over that soup. I have never made potstickers from scratch...maybe some day....

I agree Mustanglady is very nice and her soup is delicious.

If you ever feel adventurous try making the potstickers because they are very easy to make and taste delicious.

Now about my Phillip and the darn bells....

Well I am glad you chuckled RespectLife.

I re-read my post and could not help but laugh too.

Yes it was and still is so comical, but really..... enough is enough, is more than enough!

You say when you hear bells you will think of "Phillip needs Adore?" Yes I must agree since that is so apropo.

I think now when I hear any type of bells go off I shall picture my he man Hercules in his pj's, stinking of Vicks Vaporub, crabby with laryngitis, and a head and chest cold ringing our crystal wedding bell favor like mad.

BTW I had my own miracle a few minutes ago.

I got Hercules to get some sleep........finally!!!

He ate again, and asked for 2 more Vicks rubs, which I was glad to give him. I just wish he was sleepy to rest himself since he did not sleep for so long.

Remember now that I have been at it since the dark early morning hours, until 20 minutes ago, I got him to finally stop because I took him for a slow but interesting ride on the recliner with wheels. I kept slowly turning him round in circles hoping he would get sleepy, so I could sleep a bit too.

It worked like a charm after 20 minutes.

He finally whispered in a very sore sounding high pitched laryngitis squeaky voice "enough wheeling me all over honey, please just wheel me back into the living room again and let me sleep, and please leave the dogs by me so if I should need anything they can get you, but on second thought if you prefer, you can bring me our crystal wedding bell favor, and I could use that again instead".

I said nope that's okay.......the dogs can wake me if you need me again.

He replied "Okay, and I guess I over did it with the bell ringing....I am sorry".

I replied "no problem sweetie pie, because I have retired the bells permanently until you no longer feel the need to summons me".

RespectLife when he said "Okay I guess I over did it with the bell ringing....I am sorry"....... I could swear the Angels above began singing Hallelujah, and my beloved Mom must have joined in that Heavenly choir with her pro angelic voice, but I am also sure she could not stop giggling watching my exhaustion on Earth from my very cranky crabby sick with a common head and chest cold with laryngitis hubby.

BTW (I just hid the darn crystal wedding bells, so now he will not have any to ring again).

One thing is he forgot who the Master of the dogs are.

I told them to stay with him, but I know they will come get me if he really needs me, or if he drives them nuts too, they will seek me out for solace.

"They may love Phillip and at times listen to him if I am not there, but they know where their bread is buttered, and who is doing the buttering for so many years".

They belong to the Master who attended their Guard Dog obedience training lessons, and gives them voice and hand signal commands..... that was me{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}.

Now for some snooze time........Hallelujah..... and miracle of miracles.... no more ringing of the bells.

That RespectLife truly is a miracle, and the Heavenly Angels are still singingSmile.

Catch ya later my friend, and stop laughing so hard!!!