Honored Contributor

Just baked chocolate chip cookies.

[ Edited ]

Baking like sewing, gives me something to do on these days of gloom.  Been raining all day so far.  It's not s**w so that's ok.  

Just thinking of things I'll be doing this year during the bad weather. What will you be baking this winter?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just baked chocolate chip cookies.

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal I am making Oatmeal raisin cookies and Pumpkin Cheesecake bars today, it is windy and dreary here too today!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree, cold weather puts me in the baking mood.  I made a gingerbread cake last night.   It was from a box, but made the kitchen smell cozy!  We're expecting snow this weekend Smiley Sad 

Regular Contributor

My cold winter project last year was going through boxes and boxes of old family  pictures.  I sorted pictures that would mean more to relatives than to me and sent/gave them to them. Then I scanned and labelled about 2000 pictures into my computer and made a jump stick  copy for each of my kids and one for myself.  Discarded most of the old .pix  Now my kids will all have a copy of the old family pix.

Honored Contributor

Yummy sounds good. Send one thru the screen so I can eat it Please. LOL!!!

The sun finally came out today. Have not seen it since Fri. It's been dreary & misty.

I just received my 1 lb package of Saf yeast. Only had enough left to make one more loaf of bread. Can't believe we went thru 1 lb of yeast in about 8 months. LOL!!!

Trusted Contributor

I just made some chocolate chip cookies with the new Hershey's morsels, cookies & cream, they were delcious.  I also purchased the new  s'mores morsels, can't wait to try them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal

Sounds great!

can you send me over a few!  Its a beautiful day here but I'm yearning for some real homemade choc chip or any other kind of cookie!  

I'm having a sweet moment -- I might just have to eat some of those choc chips from the bag!

I do the same - I like to bake or sew/craft when its dreary here - but it hasn't happened here in FL in a long long time (a rainy / dreary day!)

PS: I edited because I read the other replies : I'll take any kind of homemade baked things anyone wants to share!!! they all sound yummy!!!

Super Contributor

No bakes are my go to.  Super easy, super fast, not a lot of ingredients and all my family loves no bakes!!

Honored Contributor

Well I sure need several after reading all that other stuff somewhere else.  Thanks to you @qualitygal I have a craving for gingerbread so I am planning on making some this week-end.  Did not feel the need until I read an earlier post of yours this past week or so.  Thanks for the calories and the extra work-out time.  That time of year how I love it so covered in sugar and gravy!!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No baking here today - I sat and quilted the afternoon away.