Honored Contributor

Re: Just Tuned in and Saw Temp-tations...

On 3/22/2015 kittymomNC said:

Actually, you can buy TT in more than 4 places... if you include Goodwill, Habitat for Humanity Thrift Stores, TROSA Thrift Stores, Salvation Army stores, eBay, etc.! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

And doesn't it make you wonder why they all ended up at some of charity organizations ....and Ebay too...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 3/23/2015 SPURT said:

Actually, you can buy TT in more than 4 places... if you include Goodwill, Habitat for Humanity Thrift Stores, TROSA Thrift Stores, Salvation Army stores, eBay, etc.! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

And doesn't it make you wonder why they all ended up at some of charity organizations ....and Ebay too...

not really.....tons of name brand and high end items in all of those stores AND ebay.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

kittymomNC, I would also include yard sales & flea markets.
Respected Contributor

On 3/23/2015 sunshine45 said:
On 3/23/2015 SPURT said:

not really.....tons of name brand and high end items in all of those stores AND ebay.

People grow tired of stuff all the time. Used to be Tupperware now it's lock and lock. I generally give my discarded stuff to my SIL for her annual yard sale she and her Mother hold for cancer in honor of her Father. She always goes through it and picks out what she wants first.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Super Contributor

On 3/22/2015 Marymary said:

This should be reported to the U.S. Product Safety Commission

www.cpsc.gov

^^^^^this......& file complaints with BBB........all these long lectures aren't going to ""protect"" many people (no matter how long or in BIG BOLD PRINT they are lol!).......it's an anonymous board so stories aren't verified or backed up with real people's names & not that many consumers will ever SEE the posts.........file reports & complaints if you really care............

Respected Contributor

I had one break, yeah it was scary..buti DO have a lot of it.....Hd a Pyrex measuring cup break too

Heck I had a Michelin tire get a blowout on the freeway..which is more dangerous?

BTW, I still drive....

Respected Contributor

On 3/23/2015 Mothertrucker said:

I had one break, yeah it was scary..buti DO have a lot of it.....Hd a Pyrex measuring cup break too

Heck I had a Michelin tire get a blowout on the freeway..which is more dangerous?

BTW, I still drive....

I had a cast iron fajita pan explode on the stove. That was scary.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Regular Contributor

Did anyone see the presentation on K40326? It's the kitchen cart. When Tara was presenting the green one, she was struggling to unfold it, and the side supports totally bent out of shape. The next time that cart was shown, the supporting sidebars were completely unbent. The magic of television! I found that disturbing and dishonest.
Honored Contributor

On 3/23/2015 sunshine45 said:
On 3/23/2015 SPURT said:

Hi Sunshine thats a good point, I was just wondering. Like I said, I didn't have a problem with the casserole piece I own or teapot with cracking or crazing, but my friend did have problems with her set. And I posted the complaint info because someone asked about and I found it. And I just think Tara should address people's complaints, at least give a look-see and address customer concerns---that is just good business....JMHO.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”