Respected Contributor

Re: Just Tuned in and Saw Temp-tations...

On 3/22/2015 redngold said:

I won't buy any more temp-tations products. I bought the bake ware set and the plastic lids have all broke. They are definitely NOT non-stick. Although they are pretty to look at, and everyone in my family has commented on that, the quality isn't there.

Sorry to read that your plastic TT tops broke and your TT items are not non stick redngold, but unfortunately many of the televised claims and suggestions do not hold up when consumers receive and use their TT items.

"Be thankful you did not invest what I invested by purchasing vast collections of TT products for home use, only to suffer very frightening TT product oven breakage and sharp ceramic broken pieces and small try sharp ceramic shards splatter everywhere along with the hot cooked food which was in the defective Temptations large casserole pan.

I deliberately destroyed all of my vast Temptations Collections it to ensure it would never be usable for anyone else ever again.

"I understand why you now will not buy TT items again, and wholeheartedly agree".

Many of the Temptations televised suggestions for usage can be quite dangerous if implemented by the consumers, as noted on many posts here on the TT/Kitchen Talk forums, as well as in the TT public televised video's throughout the internet.

I never buy anything I use in the kitchen because it is pretty.

As a consumer I buy it for the promises I hear on National TV by the owner/vendor/manufacturer/ or affiliate, and for the product dependability and consumer safety which is supposed to also be included in the process of the strict guide line manufacturing, to keep these type of kitchen bakeware and server ware items safe for consumer usage.

I can say all my experiences using other alternatives (and items which have withstood the test of time of over 40 years I still use today, and neither I nor my Mom every experienced anything negative while using them). I refer to made in the USA Cornflower blue corning ware pattern products. Amazon sells the originals and they are hand stamped on the bottom and Ebay also sells them but I prefer to use Amazon when I purchase since they will arrange a full refund and a carrier pick up from your residence if an item arrives and is defective when used, or problematic in general.

I also love all of my inherited and personal collections of made in the USA kitchenware items with the original configurations relative to Pyrex, Fiesta-ware, and Le Creuset.

I hope you have better luck with other well known time tested brands of kitchen oven bake ware, and hope we also chat again redngold.

Respected Contributor

On 3/22/2015 bajsf said:

purchased 2 baking pieces of le crueset at Marshalls and they are wonderful and no clean up after the over...a friends daughter has old world pieces that are cracked..

Hi bajsf,

I can also vouch for Le Creuset and love all my Le Creuset items.

I also know others who have had defective cracked TT and also trashed them for better, safer, and more time tested ovenware/freezer/refrigerator/microwave/and convection oven alternatives.

Respected Contributor

I have some Le Creuset and love it as it's made in France.

If you buy Le Creuset at TJ Maxx, I've noticed most of it is made in China.

Valued Contributor

adoreqvc, I'm giving you a standing ovation for trashing your TT's rather than taking the chance of someone being hurt b/c you either gave them away or donated them to a charity.
Respected Contributor

On 3/22/2015 Sylanne said: adoreqvc, I'm giving you a standing ovation for trashing your TT's rather than taking the chance of someone being hurt b/c you either gave them away or donated them to a charity.

Hi sylanne,

I thank you for your extremely kind reply, but I just could never live with myself or my conscience and sell or donate my vast TT collections, especially after experiencing my very frightening and dangerous Temptations consumer usage horrifying defect occurrence.

In this case I believe common sense and having a conscience makes it easy to make the right choice.

I am unlike gkelly5744 who is always accusing and maligning others who state the truth about their dangerous defective Temptations consumer experiences.

Specifically when she replied and advised another member on this thread to disregard my posted advisement, and just try a few Temptations pieces, knowing full well many of us have and continue to post our very dangerous Temptations defect consumer encounters to also inform others.

"Evidently she has no conscience at all which again proves her hidden agenda".

One thing is for certain I have a conscience and would never ever recommend anyone purchase Temptations products after experiencing what I have, which is why I am so thankful I never gave it as a gift, nor ever recommended anyone else purchase it, nor would I have ever considered selling the remainder of my vast Temptations collections to profit from the sales on the internet, or donate them to any charitable organization.

My philosophy is simple "I wish to safeguard others from what I personally experienced along with my Guests, and no amount of $ in selling what I trashed would be worth anything, especially if someone else were to suffer the same fate or worse than I and others did".

My guests stated that is something they shall never forget and were very thankful neither I nor they were personally injured with all the Temptations defective broken flying ceramic debris, as well as that hot cooked food which also splattered everywhere.

We barely escaped being personally injured from the defective mass produced cheaply manufactured imported Temptations Products.

"I lost all of my immediate family and having gone through all those grief journeys I now treasure life as I never have before".

Again many thanks for your very kind humane compassionate reply Sylanne.

As human beings we must learn there are more important things in life than earning profits, especially if it at the expense of the safety of other human beings or their pets and defects are already known by the Manufacturers/Owners, which have occurred and could have caused great personal injuries.......and still occur as posted here and on the internet time and time again and again.

I pray we all remain safe from harm and choose very wisely when deciding what kitchen bakeware to purchase and safely use in our homes.

Now I feel I would only trust those brands which are very well known and have truly outlived the test of time relative to product dependability, safety, manufacturing, and performance.

To gamble and buy cheaply made defective imported mass produced ceramic bakeware which is more affordable, is like playing roulette with your life, and the lives of others who surround you, and that is something I will no longer do, no matter how tempted I may be.

Common sense, dependability, well manufactured items, and consumer safety, must take precedence over profits and greed., and now for me they always will.

Honored Contributor

On 3/22/2015 proofer said:

Well I guess I've been very lucky, I don't really know how much Temptations I've bought over the years but quite a few sets , plus gifts for others. I even bought when the only color was green. In all this time I have never had anything break or crack, and use at least one pan/casserole every day, plus the dishes I use everyday. I too would be very upset if one broke with food in it. But I think that might be a fluke. Just my 2 cents but I love Temptations, I would love to buy more but have no where left to store it.

proofer so have i......for many years.

i feel quite comfortable and safe using temp-tations AND gifting it. i find it to be a great quality product at an excellent price. i have nothing but good things to say about the brand AND its customer service.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I enjoy my Temp-tations - I just bought my 7th set of dinnerware. I use the bakeware almost daily and have some favorite pieces on display. I've found many ways to use the various components.

Thanks for another public service announcement regarding the hazards of using this product; I consider myself capable of evaluating risk and making choices for my household.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

On 3/22/2015 oceantown said:
On 3/22/2015 gkelly5744 said:
On 3/22/2015 SPURT said:

Also there was a complaint filed with the Consumer Product Safety Commission-www.cpsc.gov

http://www.saferproducts.gov/ViewIncident/1442938

lol..this sounds like something "made up" ..."hear say" and am sure this one complaint was not taken seriously. The person having the complaint doesn't even make any sense?

I have no trouble understanding this complaint. Maybe a typo, and a missing punctuation mark, but it is not hard to understand with a little careful reading.

Hi oceantown,

ITA with your reply.

I also read the complaint but did not have to read it carefully as it was written in context totally understandable for readers who can properly comprehend the English language.

Valued Contributor

On 3/23/2015 Sweetbay magnolia said:

I enjoy my Temp-tations - I just bought my 7th set of dinnerware. I use the bakeware almost daily and have some favorite pieces on display. I've found many ways to use the various components.

Thanks for another public service announcement regarding the hazards of using this product; I consider myself capable of evaluating risk and making choices for my household.

Sweetbay magnolia, I was telling others on this thread about you (didn't want to use your name in case you objected) buying your 7th set of dinnerware from Temp-tations! I have a few unopened sets of TT bake ware in a closet...lol.

And I think if the "hazards" were as horrific as some state (writing short stories about ONE breakage, well maybe it was 2 breaks then again it depends on the day I guess...lol, from one of the posters)...Temp-tations would have been pulled many many years ago!! Like I have said several times..."haters gonna hate"!

And as everyone can see & read...for a couple of anti-Temp-tation posters, it has become more of "let's attack" the TT lovers especially me since I am one of the lovers that enjoy TT and stand up for all the other posters that those few have chased off with their nasty remarks towards them personally. I get attacked just because I tell the positive about TT by these few all the time instead of being so negative!! So sad that these posters have so much anger towards bake ware and other posters!! Guess they need somewhere to take out their frustrations...lol!

Honored Contributor

On 3/22/2015 Sunshine Kate said:

I have some Le Creuset and love it as it's made in France.

If you buy Le Creuset at TJ Maxx, I've noticed most of it is made in China.

Le Creuset stoneware is made in either Thailand or China. Their cast-iron, I believe, is still made in France.

Emile Henry stoneware is made in France.

As to this thread, when is it going to end? Seriously, all have made their points ad nauseam. It seems that now it's just a constant needless battle.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland