Honored Contributor

Re: Just Tuned in and Saw Temp-tations...

There have been complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau and Temptations failed to respond to 9 of these complaints. Most were for PROBLEMS WITH PRODUCT/SERVICE. ues. Failure to respond represents an "I don't care" attitude and earned her an F rating (also due to business tenure).

http://www.bbb.org/washington-dc-eastern-pa/business-reviews/shopping-service-personal/temp-tations-...

Also there was a complaint filed with the Consumer Product Safety Commission-www.cpsc.gov

http://www.saferproducts.gov/ViewIncident/1442938

@adoreqvc please file your complaint with them also. And I would also write a letter via snail mail to Tara and mark it to her attention with the note personal and confidential to see if you get a response.

You have to remember that not all people will take the time to file complaints, just get mad and disgusted and never purchase again.

I have a couple of older pieces (a casserole and a tea pot) no problems, but it seems the complaints on the forum are for the newer pieces. A friend ordered the dinnerware set and even though she followed directions for washing and cooking her plates did craze and crack. Instead of branching out to kitchen accessories I think Tara needs to take action on quality control. My friend ended up throwing all the Temptations pieces in the trash and bought Fiestaware and she's had no problems with that brand.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

On 3/22/2015 SPURT said:

Also there was a complaint filed with the Consumer Product Safety Commission-www.cpsc.gov

lol..this sounds like something "made up" ..."hear say" and am sure this one complaint was not taken seriously. The person having the complaint doesn't even make any sense?

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/22/2015 SPURT said:

There have been complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau and Temptations failed to respond to 9 of these complaints. Most were for PROBLEMS WITH PRODUCT/SERVICE. ues. Failure to respond represents an "I don't care" attitude and earned her an F rating (also due to business tenure).

http://www.bbb.org/washington-dc-eastern-pa/business-reviews/shopping-service-personal/temp-tations-...

@ADOREQVC please file your complaint with them also. And I would also write a letter via snail mail to Tara and mark it to her attention with the note personal and confidential to see if you get a response.

You have to remember that not all people will take the time to file complaints, just get mad and disgusted and never purchase again.

I have a couple of older pieces (a casserole and a tea pot) no problems, but it seems the complaints on the forum are for the newer pieces. A friend ordered the dinnerware set and even though she followed directions for washing and cooking her plates did craze and crack. Instead of branching out to kitchen accessories I think Tara needs to take action on quality control. My friend ended up throwing all the Temptations pieces in the trash and bought Fiestaware and she's had no problems with that brand.

Hey Spurt, glad to see your post is back. I just wanted to say also that Temp-tations is NOT accredited with the Better Business Bureau. It's their choice to apply or not, if I'm not mistaken.

And also, since you added to your post, the pieces I had problems with were bought over three years ago, so I don't know when the problems started. I've since received some as a gift, but I refuse to put them in the oven. In any case, they can craze even if you don't ever bake in them, so I would never spend my money on it. Those poppy dishes this morning were pretty, though! Very bright and cheerful!

Trusted Contributor

On 3/22/2015 gkelly5744 said:
On 3/22/2015 seaside shopper said:
On 3/22/2015 seaside shopper said:
On 3/22/2015 ValuSkr said:

What a bizarre concept - casserole in the bowl with pizza on the lid. Leave it to Tara and her crew to invent such a thing.

ITDisagree that this is a bizarre concept as some children who adore pizza abhore casseroles due to not enjoying their foods mixed together.{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

LOL...I think that doing the casserole in the baker & pizza on top was an example of all the many ways this set is good for! Tara tries to come up with different ways to use her product and not just the same ole way, IMO. No one is saying you have to bake those 2 things together...LOL. How about some sort of casserole & bread sticks on the top? Baked chicken in the bottom with roasted veggies on the top? Come on people...use your head!!!

Insults will get you nowhere, gkelly5744. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

LOL..even tho you can "insult" Tara on here??? really??? All I posted was that Tara was giving an example of how to use this set of bake ware and not so much that anyone had to bake a casserole with a pizza just an example of what TT lovers can do!! sorry you took it so personal. I was giving my opinion just like you...have a good day!

Firstly, I would never insult Tara.

Secondly, of course no one would dictate that anyone would have to bake a casserole with a pizza! Tara or the host suggested it in the presentation.

Thirdly, you are saying that you were giving your opinion, but I took issue with your final comment, "Come on people...use your head!!!" Herein lies the insult.

Respected Contributor

On 3/22/2015 ValuSkr said:

What a bizarre concept - casserole in the bowl with pizza on the lid. Leave it to Tara and her crew to invent such a thing.

ITA, thank you ValuSkr, and that proves a very valid point.

Bizarre is indeed the correct word to describe that ridiculous Temptations configuration.

Now it is evident that Temptations completely lost their concept of common sense.

Temptations are now grasping at highly ridiculous bizarre configurations, and also grasping at straws, to continue to sell their TT defective imported cheap wares, to unsuspecting consumers.

The unsuspecting consumers are not aware of all the TT consumer related dangers reported, and other various consumer related TT issues of concern all reported and all personally encountered, by other TT consumers.

This is precisely why many of us will continue to post and be maligned by "the aggressive argumentative crusader and defender of the Temptations Product Line"........and it is clear to see who that is{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}.

Reason why we will continue to post is to save other TT consumers the same horrific defect consumer usage TT experiences we all personally suffered, while using various TT items from their product line.

Everyone deserves to know the truth if a Temptations Product has caused a danger to other Temptations consumers, and we will continue to post to ensure that information is always at the forefront.

We need both pro and con experiences of Temptations to properly display the truth will continue to display, because I too loved all my vast Temptations Collections I so proudly displayed in my custom built in curio mirrored glass and wood cabinets.

I loved it all and was so proud to display my vast Temptations collections until the day my Temptations large casserole pan became a horrifically dangerous defective piece of bakeware which could have caused all of us grave personal injuries.

My TT casserole pan was being removed from my oven and cracked in half in my hands causing me to jump back and drop it.

I and my numerous seated guests all watched in horror where the defective TT large casserole pan exploded into larger ceramic sharp broken pieces, and smaller tiny ceramic very sharp shards, which graced my entire kitchen underneath all my large kitchen appliances, including the contents of the hot cooked food which also splattered everywhere on my kitchen floor, counter tops and walls.

That was the day I trashed the entire Temptations collection. "Better to be safe than sorry", and "An ounce of prevention's is worth a pound of cure".

Even newcomers to TT need to know all the pro and con's Temptation Product Lines usage has exhibited to TT consumers.

They all need to be totally aware of what dangerous defect consumer TT experiences has occurred to many of us, and does continue to occur as new members also post their negative dangerous experiences.

Everyone needs to be enabled to make a wiser consumer purchase decision knowing all the facts posted here about con or pro Temptations products consumer usage, as well as the same facts also posted on other internet web sites as well.

As human beings and consumer we all deserve the very best consumer friendly products which are safely manufactured using strict guidelines like those posted here in the USA which have rigid manufacturing and safety standards that are adhered to "BEFORE THE ITEMS ARE AVAILABLE FOR CONSUMER PURCHASE IN STORES, AND ON THE INTERNET".

Valued Contributor

On 3/22/2015 SPURT said:

total of 12 complaints to the BBB since Tara has been selling...how many years...10 or more?? only 12 complaints with millions being sold...very very low number and like you said, the majority which is 6 was with product service and part of those were corrected. Also Temp-tations is not accredited with the BBB and there is really nothing that says that Tara has to answer to these complaints. And these days, just how good is filing with the BBB? not much, IMO.

Guess the "haters gonna hate"...LOL

Respected Contributor

On 3/22/2015 majo said:

I LOVE ALL THE SPRING COLORS AND I LOVE THE ITEMS TARA HAS COME OUT WITH...BUT...I, TOO, HAVE HAD BAD LUCK...I HAVE HAD A FEW PCS. CRACK...I STOPPED BUYING TEMPTATIONS FOR THAT REASON...I WOULD LOVE TO GIVE ANOTHER TRY BUT I WON'T...IT'S HARD FOR ME TO SEE THESE THINGS AND NOT ORDER BUT THAT'S WHAT I HAVE DONE...NO MORE TEMPTATIONS FOR ME....SAD TO SAY!!!!!!!!!

I am so sorry to read that happened to you Majo.

Yes I agree that we all loved out Temptaitons products until they cracked, and you were lucky what happened to me did not happen to you Majo.

This time we and others were really very lucky, but the next time others may not be as lucky, and that is the very sad thing when you can no longer trust a manufacturer to address and resolve all consumer defects and consumer usage negative product concerns when they have been reported to their customer service reps as well as reported on various internet web sites for all to see.

Respected Contributor

On 3/22/2015 SPURT said:

total of 12 complaints to the BBB since Tara has been selling...how many years...10 or more?? only 12 complaints with millions being sold...very very low number and like you said, the majority which is 6 was with product service and part of those were corrected. Also Temp-tations is not accredited with the BBB and there is really nothing that says that Tara has to answer to these complaints. And these days, just how good is filing with the BBB? not much, IMO.

I am certainly not laughing at what you said above, and I feel it is very sad you think it is LOL.......funny!!!!

Regardless of the reason an F rating by the BB is an F rating and a far cry from an acceptable rating!

gkelly5744 do you also laugh and think it is funny...LOL!!!!!! when Temptations consumers experience very frightening defective dangerous experiences while using TT product line defective ceramic-ware items? It seems as though the dangerous experiences you constantly challenge and malign others.....so you think you are laughing at our expense, but what you are doing is verifying your true objectives and agenda to everyone who clearly reads your replies.

I don't hate anything, and certainly do not hate the Temptations line, but what I can attest to is the fact that I highly dislike any owner/vendor/manufacturer who refuses to have their customer service department and themselves publicly address and resolve all consumer concerns, negative dangerous TT ceramic-ware defect experiences.

I dislike immensely that they do not take any steps in investigating and resolving their defective products they sell so with enough justification and personal defect consumer related experiences already posted on the internet along with the legal consumer complaints on file and publicly displayed, many will still continue to post their negative horrifying close encounters which no consumer should ever experience.....and yet gkelly5744 you state Tara does not have to reply to these concerns?

Really?

gkelley5744 you defend this TT product line and continue to malign others here who post their negative experiences. A negative experience should be posted time and again to remain visible for all TT consumers to read.

Another question since you defend this line so aggressively which at this point is completely laughable, then you should know the answer to this question below.....

"Whatever happened to manufacturer/owner integrity, honesty and consumer safety usage tips which will not endanger the consumer in all televised public TT presentations, safeguarding their consumers from defective dangerous products already reported to their Customer Service Division , various internet web sites, telecommunications, and written email notifications correspondence?

Now I must state before I buy anything I always do my research and if a company is not accredited with the BBB I will refuse to buy from them, because I feel as a Consumer they are taking short cuts and are trying to hide something, and that something may end up harming their consumers......so on this note alone Temptations lost my vote completely.

Thank you gkelly5744 for reiterating that this TT line is cheap mass produced ceramic ware and the manufacturer does not have to reply to those BBB consumer concerns.

Temptations will not reply because as you said Also Temp-tations is not accredited with the BBB and there is really nothing that says that Tara has to answer to these complaints. And these days, just how good is filing with the BBB? not much, IMO.

Well your above reply gkelly5744 just proves my point even more.....thank you again.....finally converted you to a believer and supporter of negative TT experiences.

Time to hang up your aggressive and tiring crusader defender of the TT product line hat because everyone is aware that Tara has no intention of replying and resolving any of the reported defects or consumer related horrifying experiences.

She remains mute to date because her main concern is not for human being consumer product safety, it is for ensuring of more mass produced imported Tt items so they can reap even higher profitability profits regardless of how many times their defective TT products continue to endanger their TT consumers, family members, friends, and guests.

I am so thrilled I never gave any of this cheap imported mass produced ceramic ware to anyone I know because if they encountered the dangers I and others reported and did encounter I would feel so guilty, but I can smile because I have a clear conscience, and would not even donate my vast TT collections.....They graced the trash in broken pieces which I ensured broke before they hit the trash can.

I can also smile big time now that you finally have seen the light and have become one of my converted supporters now gkelly5744.....I knew the truth would finally open your eyes and set you free, and I and others are now so very glad you finally admitted what we all knew all along.

Temptations has to be remanufactured in a more safe and consumer friendly manufacturing design, to ensure it remains dependable ovenware/server ware/freezer/and refrigerator safe, and consumer safe to use, and that is the bottom line.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/22/2015 SPURT said:

You are so right, gkelly. We found something else to agree on! You remember the old saying, "it takes one to know one"? And as far as TT and the BBB... maybe they don't want to apply for accreditation. There may be such a thing as failing to be accredited...

And, of course, you just proved my earlier point, by once again posting "this sounds like something "made up" ..."hear say" and am sure this one complaint was not taken seriously."

Again, anything negative about your TT has to be untrue, right? Did you add another job to the one you already had? Do you now work for the Consumer Product Safety Commission, since you seem to know so much about this "made up", "hear say", complaint that just couldn't have been taken seriously? {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}Smile

Trusted Contributor

On 3/22/2015 SPURT said:

lol..this sounds like something "made up" ..."hear say" and am sure this one complaint was not taken seriously. The person having the complaint doesn't even make any sense?

I have no trouble understanding this complaint. Maybe a typo, and a missing punctuation mark, but it is not hard to understand with a little careful reading.