Respected Contributor

Re: Just Tuned in and Saw Temp-tations...

On 3/18/2015 Daysdee said:
On 3/18/2015 ValuSkr said:

Did you know Tara's mom mixes and matches the black with the cranberry? How many times have I heard about that ...

and David collects the brown.

And Mary collects the spice, and Tara collects confetti...I know wayyyy too much about these people! {#emotions_dlg.lol} I have one set of two pie plates, does this mean I "collect" green???

Denise
Trusted Contributor

On 3/18/2015 mnmom said:
On 3/18/2015 Kachina624 said: I'm not sure why someone would want bake a casserole and pizza at the same time.

This is what I am wondering too! Sometimes the scenarios are so bizarre.

Perhaps the casserole would be for the adults and the pizza for the children...??

Valued Contributor

On 3/18/2015 seaside shopper said:

... the round bowls with lids showing that you can bake a casserole in the bowl and a pizza on its lid. What a novel concept! With all the negative reviews on Temp-tations though, too bad its a Temp-tations product... wouldn't want it to crack in process.

I would not buy anything..kitchen items, clothes, etc. from the Q just from what a poster "claims" here on these threads. Some of the these stories about TT dishes have gotten embellished over a period of time...and it's always the same story (usually the same posters) over & over again to make it look like it has happened more times than it actually happened (if it happened at all)!

Order a small set and try it out for yourself! Some bad reviews but thousands more good reviews and both are a little "off". Use common sense and what is right for you! You can tell from some posters if they don't like Temp-tations just because it is MIC and really has nothing to so with the product (read between the lines!)

Yes, Tara and her "crew" have come up with some great concepts and has given so many people new ways to enjoy baking!!

Respected Contributor

Adore, I'm so sorry. What a nightmare experience !! And I heard Tara say the other day, that TT is safe at 500 degrees to broil in ?! Yikes, I'd be afraid to broil in anything other than a metal pan of some sort, let alone TT, after all the horror stories ): so glad you weren't severely injured because of that.
Respected Contributor

On 3/21/2015 Azcowgirl said: Adore, I'm so sorry. What a nightmare experience !! And I heard Tara say the other day, that TT is safe at 500 degrees to broil in ?! Yikes, I'd be afraid to broil in anything other than a metal pan of some sort, let alone TT, after all the horror stories ): so glad you weren't severely injured because of that.

Hi Azcowgirl,

Thanks so much and I totally agree with your reply.

I and my guests could have been burned, cut, or permanently injured with the flying ceramic broken tiny shards, and larger pieces of broken ceramics which exploded on impact. Also all that hot food could have also burned us.

Yes an Angel or God was watching over us that day.

I know I would never broil in any type of ovenware, unless it was stainless steel.

My Temptations casserole pan cracked in 1/2 in my hands when I removed it from the hot oven and it was filled with hot cooked food.

I followed all the TT usage, care and maintenance directions and it still cracked in 1/2 in my hands.

I could never imagine believing anything Tara says now especially stating that TT is broiler safe up to 500 degrees!!!!!!

REALLY?????

"Then why did her TT casserole pan crack in half in my hands when I had it in a much lower oven temperature than 500 degrees?

That seems to be the $million dollar question now.

I hope you and others heed the warnings many of us posted on many of the Temptations threads, and will continue to post, because I still feel new members must be aware of what defects and consumer Temptations disasters we personally experienced, and then decide if they wish to take a chance and purchase this TT product line.

I still believe in those very wise saying "Better to be safe than sorry", and "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure".

How very true!

Stay safe my friend, and wishing you and others consumer products safety in the kitchen always!

Respected Contributor

On 3/18/2015 luvtoshopathome said: First, let me say that I'm happy that you nor none of your guests were seriously hurt since it could have really been a disaster. There has to be some agency that all these dangerous experiences can be reported to since it's very apparent that the Q or Temptations doesn't care because they still sell this line. Well, we know why, because it's all about the money. I had one crack and reported it to the Q and they told me they would refund my money. I told them they should not be selling this product, but it falls on deaf ears. There has been so many posts about cracking pieces, it's.ridiculous that nothing is done. One day, I really hope not, something very serious is going to happen and maybe then, when a lawsuit is filed, they will finally get rid of this line. This is not the only defective line the Q has sold. I bought a shark vacuum from them and it just kept tipping over and one day it fell on my foot injuring my toe. I called Shark and they told me that that model was discontinued awhile ago and asked where I purchased it. I told them and their answer was, that particular model was taken off the market and they should not be selling them. I called QVC's Corporate office about it and then after that when I went online to leave a review, it stated "this item is no longer available". I would never buy any appliances, electronics or kitchenware from them ever again.

Many thanks for your kind reply.

Some things I rather not purchase from any place other than directly form the manufacturer now.

I agree many items are discontinued or defective, and are known to be defective or discontinued and yet they are still sold to the general public.

When greed and high profits are the main issue and consumer safety is not even a consideration, it is time to take a good long look at that scenario and manufacturer.

As wise consumers we can pick and choose where to shop.

I always do research regarding an item if it is also available on other sites for purchase to ensure it is not an older item, or does not have dangerous consumer complaints posted on various web sites, and across the internet.

A smart consumer now investigates as best as they can in order to avoid what I and you and others have experienced relative to defects, dangerous products, and the like.

I hope you remain safe and have safer consumer experiences in the future lovetoshopathome.....I hope we all do.

Respected Contributor

On 3/20/2015 gkelly5744 said:
On 3/18/2015 seaside shopper said:

... the round bowls with lids showing that you can bake a casserole in the bowl and a pizza on its lid. What a novel concept! With all the negative reviews on Temp-tations though, too bad its a Temp-tations product... wouldn't want it to crack in process.

I would not buy anything..kitchen items, clothes, etc. from the Q just from what a poster "claims" here on these threads. Some of the these stories about TT dishes have gotten embellished over a period of time...and it's always the same story (usually the same posters) over & over again to make it look like it has happened more times than it actually happened (if it happened at all)!

Order a small set and try it out for yourself! Some bad reviews but thousands more good reviews and both are a little "off". Use common sense and what is right for you! You can tell from some posters if they don't like Temp-tations just because it is MIC and really has nothing to so with the product (read between the lines!)

Yes, Tara and her "crew" have come up with some great concepts and has given so many people new ways to enjoy baking!!

I see my post of yesterday disappeared, but the truth about these defective Temptations issues and TT negative consumer usage experiences will always prevail.

"The truth hit a raw nerve again didn't it?".

gkelly5744 I most certainly would not continue to malign others for posting the truth about their Temptations negative dangerous defect accident experiences, since these experiences continue with new members posting often about their new negative experiences, nor would I suggest new members dismiss what others typed, and buy a few pieces to try it out for themselves.

If they had Temptations dangerous defective product consumer usage accidents as many of us had, I would not be able to live with my conscience, but then I and others have a conscience to your dismay gkelly5744, which is why the truth about defective dangerous Temptations will continue to be made public, here and across the internet.

You typed "Yes, Tara and her "crew" have come up with some great concepts and has given so many people new ways to enjoy baking!!".

I would also add they have given so many people more ways to personally experience defect and accidents while using their Temptations products, since these issues remain unresolved.

How about Tara and her crew publicly address all these dangerous TT defect issues on the internet and resolve them, instead of totally ignoring them, and making promises on national television which can harm TT consumers?

I still believe in those very wise sayings "Better to be safe than sorry", and "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure".

Some things in life are just too precious and more important than profits, and I refer to human lives, because product consumer safety should stand at the forefront of that "Manufacturer's Legal Guideline List".

Now we all see how long this truthful reply remains visible, but not to worry because the truth about this defective dangerous Temptations product clearly remains visible on other web sites across the internet.

Respected Contributor

On 3/18/2015 denisemb said:
On 3/18/2015 Daysdee said:
On 3/18/2015 ValuSkr said:

Did you know Tara's mom mixes and matches the black with the cranberry? How many times have I heard about that ...

and David collects the brown.

And Mary collects the spice, and Tara collects confetti...I know wayyyy too much about these people! {#emotions_dlg.lol} I have one set of two pie plates, does this mean I "collect" green???

And I collect black and cream. Smiley Wink

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Super Contributor

If the cookware and bakeware is so dangerous.....why hasn't anybody REPORTED it to safety authorities or whoever controls & investigates?

Valued Contributor

On 3/21/2015 jessa said:

If the cookware and bakeware is so dangerous.....why hasn't anybody REPORTED it to safety authorities or whoever controls & investigates?

Ahhh, someone with common sense!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} If you take time to read most of the post here on the Q, it may seem like the poster(s) are talking about cracking, etc. but it really boils down to Temp-tations being made in china. Take a good look and you will understand...not as many problems with TT as it seems...just ones like the one here posting once again her "story/novel which she has been doing for so long now & TT is still selling like "hotcakes!!!...posts over & over again embellishing as it goes along...millions are buying/using/baking with Temp-tations with absolutely no problem. Many posters have asked the same question as you....no one..no one...has been able to answer it. must be a very good reason!!