Super Contributor

Re: Just Tuned in and Saw Temp-tations...

Well I guess I've been very lucky, I don't really know how much Temptations I've bought over the years but quite a few sets , plus gifts for others. I even bought when the only color was green. In all this time I have never had anything break or crack, and use at least one pan/casserole every day, plus the dishes I use everyday. I too would be very upset if one broke with food in it. But I think that might be a fluke. Just my 2 cents but I love Temptations, I would love to buy more but have no where left to store it.

Valued Contributor

On 3/22/2015 oceantown said:
On 3/22/2015 gkelly5744 said:
On 3/22/2015 SPURT said:

Also there was a complaint filed with the Consumer Product Safety Commission-www.cpsc.gov

http://www.saferproducts.gov/ViewIncident/1442938

lol..this sounds like something "made up" ..."hear say" and am sure this one complaint was not taken seriously. The person having the complaint doesn't even make any sense?

I have no trouble understanding this complaint. Maybe a typo, and a missing punctuation mark, but it is not hard to understand with a little careful reading.

Glad you understood every word of it, As I stated before, I did not.

Respected Contributor

On 3/22/2015 kittymomNC said:
On 3/22/2015 SPURT said:

There have been complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau and Temptations failed to respond to 9 of these complaints. Most were for PROBLEMS WITH PRODUCT/SERVICE. ues. Failure to respond represents an "I don't care" attitude and earned her an F rating (also due to business tenure).

http://www.bbb.org/washington-dc-eastern-pa/business-reviews/shopping-service-personal/temp-tations-...

total of 12 complaints to the BBB since Tara has been selling...how many years...10 or more?? only 12 complaints with millions being sold...very very low number and like you said, the majority which is 6 was with product service and part of those were corrected. Also Temp-tations is not accredited with the BBB and there is really nothing that says that Tara has to answer to these complaints. And these days, just how good is filing with the BBB? not much, IMO.

Guess the "haters gonna hate"...LOL

You are so right, gkelly. We found something else to agree on! You remember the old saying, "it takes one to know one"? And as far as TT and the BBB... maybe they don't want to apply for accreditation. There may be such a thing as failing to be accredited...

And, of course, you just proved my earlier point, by once again posting "this sounds like something "made up" ..."hear say" and am sure this one complaint was not taken seriously."

Again, anything negative about your TT has to be untrue, right? Did you add another job to the one you already had? Do you now work for the Consumer Product Safety Commission, since you seem to know so much about this "made up", "hear say", complaint that just couldn't have been taken seriously? {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}Smile

Spurt and KittymomNC,

ITA!!!

Many thanks for your combined efforts.....We can all agree finally and now all the points we made are in the open to be displayed for everyone to see.

Valued Contributor

On 3/22/2015 proofer said:

Well I guess I've been very lucky, I don't really know how much Temptations I've bought over the years but quite a few sets , plus gifts for others. I even bought when the only color was green. In all this time I have never had anything break or crack, and use at least one pan/casserole every day, plus the dishes I use everyday. I too would be very upset if one broke with food in it. But I think that might be a fluke. Just my 2 cents but I love Temptations, I would love to buy more but have no where left to store it.

This is what happens to so many Temp-tation lovers...lol. We have so much and want more but just don't have anywhere to put them! Someone just posted on another thread that they have 7 sets of dinner ware of Temp-tations!! WOW!! I just bought my first set today and looking forward to getting it...won;t be able to use it until next christmas season since I got the Poinsetta pattern. You along with millions of others are enjoying TT...and now you can buy Temp-tations in 4 different places!! Tara must be VERY happy with how her business is growing & growing!!

Esteemed Contributor

Actually, you can buy TT in more than 4 places... if you include Goodwill, Habitat for Humanity Thrift Stores, TROSA Thrift Stores, Salvation Army stores, eBay, etc.! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

On 3/22/2015 peggyhbsl said:

Adore,

I tried to imagine what you must have went through when your temptations failed you. I am so sorry you had to endure that. I am glad you have moved on. Thank You for sharing your story!! I truly do appreciate it. Have a lovely day. Peggy

Dear Peggy,

Hello and many thanks for your very kind compassionate reply....I just pray no one else experiences what I did, or worse using their Temptations products.

I have moved on and use other alternative bakeware which have proven to be dependable, totally reliable and consumer safe to use.

I did post the names in my posts above if you are interested.

I am very happy that my Cornflower blue pattern of my vast Corning ware Sets have lasted for over 40 years, without any unpleasant dangerous defects, or consumer product endangerment issues.

Peggy I am also very happy to read you appreciate my posting my TT consumer negative experience, since all experiences pro and con should be displayed, as that is the only way to be totally upfront about what has, or possibly again occur when using these Temptations products.

You remain safe too Peggy, and I hope you also have a lovely, and look forward to continued cyber chats in the near future{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}.

Valued Contributor

Actually, you can buy TT in more than 4 places... if you include Goodwill, Habitat for Humanity Thrift Stores, TROSA Thrift Stores, Salvation Army stores, eBay, etc.! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

you're right! I forgot about ebay, those sellers are making a fortune selling Temp-tations on the ebay site! I have never seen any TT being sold at Goodwill before and I guess you go around looking for TT if you know first hand that all these other stores carry TT. Glad to know that not just the ones online can enjoy Temp-tations, I appreciate you letting everyone know!! Thanks for the info!

Respected Contributor

On 3/22/2015 proofer said:

I too really loved my Temptations collections and I had a vast collection which graced many custom built in curio glass mirror and wood displays.

I was delighted until I had my personal defective endangerment consumer related experience, using my Temptations large casserole pan which cracked in 1/2 in my hands as I removed it from the oven filled with hot food, and everything broke and splattered everywhere throughout my kitchen walls and underneath appliances included too.

"My numerous Guests were just as shocked to have witnessed this horrific, frightening, defective, TT consumer usage kitchen disaster endangerment".

I hope you remain safe proofer, and others do too, because that was a real eye opening experience and a very dangerous one which I know will never happen again since I trashed my vast Temptations collections in view of what I personally experienced.

proofer I am glad you continue to be happy with your Temptations, and I pray you remain lucky and never experience the defects and endangerments which I and so many other TT consumers have reported and personally experienced.

Respected Contributor

Many of these places are selling new and used TT items....as for the new and used TT items I would not trust buying them because no one knows the real reasons they were donated or sold.

Could have been a piece cracked in half while in use and exploded and the rest of that configuration was either donated or sold to recoup some $.

Because of what I experienced regarding my Temptations large casserole pan cracking in 1/2 in my hands as I carefully removed it from my oven, exploding into sharp large broken ceramic pieces, and smaller sharp ceramic shards, and splattering everywhere, including the splattering of the hot cooked food which was in the defective ceramic Temptations casserole pan, all I can now say is "Use with extreme caution, and care". ........and I hope everyone will continue to remain safe, as well as anyone else near by.

Esteemed Contributor

you're right! I forgot about ebay, those sellers are making a fortune selling Temp-tations on the ebay site! I have never seen any TT being sold at Goodwill before and I guess you go around looking for TT if you know first hand that all these other stores carry TT. Glad to know that not just the ones online can enjoy Temp-tations, I appreciate you letting everyone know!! Thanks for the info!

You're welcome!! I'd much rather see someone waste $5.00 on a piece than what they have to pay on QVC.!!

And sorry to disappoint you, but I don't "go around looking for TT" - what a waste of time that would be. I have a family member who has an eBay store and does very well, but it's certainly not because he sells TT. He goes everywhere looking for good deals of all kinds, and he sees it all the time. He did buy a couple of pieces for $4 each and put them on eBay... they still haven't sold, even at the price he listed them. So, no, I don't think anyone on eBay is "making a fortune selling Temptations"! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} {#emotions_dlg.lol}

The only things selling for decent prices are unusual and old patterns that are no longer available. Even I have an interest in one particular old pattern, but only if I can get it at a great price- but I would never use it for baking, only for display. And from what a lot of people say, the older pieces are less likely to have problems anyway. I never said no one liked Temptations - I like the looks of it, just not how it performs. Smile