Honored Contributor

Re: Just Received my Penzey's Order

I just moved to our cottage in the upper lower peninsula of MI. There is a place I just found out about called Alden Mill House that is a mere 20 min. drive. I can't wait to go and check it out. My friend who lives in Alden raves about their extremely fresh spices. And its local. I try to support the small businesses here in my great state! Thats BIG for me! Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

I buy the plastic bags and keep them fresh in the refrigerator- only bottling small amounts at a time- I have neever gotten anything bad there..

They also have great customer service! I once ordered for my son in another state, and there was a problem with the shipping not getting there, and they sent a whole new shipment, no quesitons asked...

Honored Contributor

I placed my first order also.  I got the roasted garlic, garam masala and adobo seasoning.  They included a free Greek seasoning and a purple coffee mug.  They have a store in downtown Seattle so I had never ordered because I did not want to pay shipping. 

Honored Contributor

Never heard of Penzey's .... are these B&M stores too, or just online?

Trusted Contributor

Yes Tink. They do have B & M stores too. One opened in my area several years ago.

https://www.penzeys.com/locations/

Valued Contributor

Wismiss, love your description of opening and smelling the spices.  Brings back funny memories.  When son was two he was on medications for a long period of time, he would only take his rx when I let him go through the spice cabinet and smell all the wonderful aromas.  Go figure.  I will have to check out Penzey's have heard of but never tried.  Thanks.

Contributor

Went in and picked up my free bottle of Cheese Sprinkle.  Have not used it yet but it smells wonderful!  While in the store also got 2 small jars - 1 orange peel and 1 lemon peel.  Can not go in and not get something.  My hubby loves to come with me and walk around a smell all the sample jars - silly but fun trip  :-)  If you are not on the mailing list get on it - you will not be sorry.  Lots of ideas and the free jars of spice are great.