Trusted Contributor

Just Received my Penzey's Order

This is the first order from Penzey's that I have ever received.  Thank you to all who mentioned free shipping with a $20 order.

I opened the jars and oh my gosh, each smells so good--so fresh.  I will probably be ordering from them in the future.  Again, thank you.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

Re: Just Received my Penzey's Order

What did you order?

Honored Contributor

They do really smell good. Not like the spices at the grocery store that smell like nothing. I noticed it right off when I opened my cinnamon. Sign up for an account with them if you did not so they will send you their catalog. It has lots of nice recipes in them. They also have their coupons on them. If you need a coupon you can check RetailMeNot. Enjoy your spices.

Honored Contributor

wismiss, I am so glad to hear your like your choices.  When you get a chance, please let us know what you ordered.  It's always nice to hear what someone is using and how they are using a particular spice and their overall opinions.

I love both Penzy's and their sister store The Spice House!

Frequent Contributor

The Penzey's Baking Spice is my fav! It's a blend of cinnamon, cardamon, allspice, and some other spices; and it's a fantastic substitute for cinnamon in french toast and pumpkin bread. Try it--you'll like it for sure.

Esteemed Contributor

@wismiss wrote:

This is the first order from Penzey's that I have ever received.  Thank you to all who mentioned free shipping with a $20 order.

I opened the jars and oh my gosh, each smells so good--so fresh.  I will probably be ordering from them in the future.  Again, thank you.

Oh, that's cute.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered rubbed sage, minced garlic, Italian herb, Brady Street Cheese sprinkle, orange peel, lemon peel, and they sent a free bottle of Greek seasoning.  They also sent a "Cook Dinner tonight" mug.  

My friend was so funny.  He just kept opening them, smelling them, and then closing them.  Five minutes later, the same thing.

I already used the lemon peel.  I HATE to drink water, so I got a glass of chilled water and sprinkled just a pinch of lemon peel in it.  I let it sit and I have just about drunk the whole 24 oz. glass.  

I'm going to take an inventory of the spices I have and make a list to order the next time they offer some type of special.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

Sounds like great choices wismiss!!!

I ordered the garlic & Brady Street also. Both are great.

They sent me a Greek seasoning too. I haven't figured out what to make with that yet.

Isn't it fun to open that box LOL???!!!

Trusted Contributor

I love ordering from Penzey's because they always include a free bottle of something, sometimes I've even received 2.  Also, it's great to use their codes for freebies when ordering.  Their Vietnamese Cinnamon is the best I've ever used and has me totally spoiled.

Esteemed Contributor

I had to use a bookcase just for Penzeys, I had so many.

My favorites are the pepper blends.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.