Respected Contributor

Just No No No Halloween Candy

Yes, it's out.   Piled sky high, Just think how good that will taste by October 31st.   Oh Yum!

They had Reese's Pumpkins buy 2 get one free, just couldn't do it.   Just guessing, I think it was manufactured around Easter to get it made, shipped to distribution and then to the stores.  Oh yum again (not really)

Lots of caramels, I do like candy apples.

Respected Contributor

Re: Just No No No Halloween Candy

[ Edited ]

They have to put it out now because at Halloween they will be selling Christmas stuff. So it goes...

Trusted Contributor

Nothing you buy in the store is going to be fresh unless you go into a specialty store where they make it on sight.  

Honored Contributor

they have had it out now for about two weeks in both sams club and our local grocery stores......plus all the harvest themed items.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@Just Bling 

I really like your title "Just No, No, No to Halloween Candy"

That is exactly what I have to tell myself--for me it does

take will power.  I have trouble having just one....or two....or....?

Fortunately, we live on a windy road on a hill with few houses and a gate....we don't get trick-or-treaters.

So, I have no excuse.

A confession:  I have actually purchased Halloween candy in the past knowing full well it was really for me!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Giving out candy at Halloween is a ritual that should stop! It is equivalent to passing  out cigarettes, heroin, a few pain pills, maybe a few small handguns, and a little germy Covid to boot - in kids' Halloween bags. Sugar is deadly....and not just because it makes you fat. Sugar consumption is related to a whole litany of horrible health outcomes.I can't - in good faith - give people candy when I know it is harmful.

Respected Contributor

My problem with the stores putting out all the holiday candy so soon is that I don't trust myself to nibble on some.  And we don't get many trick or treaters to boot.  This goes for all the holidays where candy/chocolate is wrapped especially for the occasion.... Valentine's Day, Easter, Mother's Day.....🍫🍬🍭💝

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

I think the day after all stores put out the back to school inventory they carry then the next day they do Halloween.  I am ready.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@beckyb1012   The Halloween items are already coming out at Home Goods, and they are so tempting, but once again, I swear I'll be strong and not purchase any more decorations....I have plenty. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

I used to love candy corn and similar mellocreme candy.  Then I learned it was pure sugar, and now I avoid it.  I don't need any more tooth decay.