Trusted Contributor

Re: Just Enjoyed Delicious Homemade Greek Pork Gyros Souvlaki withTzatziki Sauce

Thank you Adore! Wish I saw this before we made dinner. Maybe next weekend.

Do the math.
Respected Contributor

Re: Just Enjoyed Delicious Homemade Greek Pork Gyros Souvlaki withTzatziki Sauce

On 2/1/2015 peachesncream said:

I'm wondering, how much yogurt did you use when making this?

The instructions are sort of confusing. Is 18 oz. by weight or volume (slightly more than 2 cups?)

The recipe looks delicious.

Thanks!

18 ounces of yogurt is 2 1/4 cups. As far as measuring foods which hold liquid you can use any type of measuring cup.

I highly recommend for those who are unsure of measuring items purchase a digital food scale which shows U.S. and European measurements, in ounces, grams and pounds, and they are inexpensive.

This digital scale I heard is is quite accurate from Amazon. The cost is $13.00 and it comes in colors too. Good instructions seem to be included and it got good Amazon consumer reviews.

I hope this makes it easier for you.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004164SRA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Accurate, easy-to-use digital kitchen scale weighs up to 11 lbs. (5050 grams) in precise graduations of 0.05 oz. (1 gram); Cleans and stores easily
  • Features a newly enlarged weighing platform finished in elegant chrome and 2 large buttons that generate an audible click confirmation
  • Precision Tare Button calculates the net weight of your ingredients (automatically subtracts the weight of any bowl or container)
  • Automatic Unit Button instantly converts from ounces to grams (oz. to g), pounds to kilograms (lbs. to kg) and displays results on the LCD screen
  • Runs on 2 AAA batteries (included) with an easy-access battery compartment (no screwdriver needed); Satisfaction Guaranteed

Respected Contributor

On 2/1/2015 MarieIG said:

Thank you Adore! Wish I saw this before we made dinner. Maybe next weekend. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Hi MarieIG,

You're very welcome!

Now you can save your appetite for a really delicious meal next weekend.

You will love it my friend!

Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the reply about the yogurt!

We love Greek food, although we have only had it in restaurants.

I'll be trying this soon.

Respected Contributor

On 2/1/2015 peachesncream said:

Thanks for the reply about the yogurt!

We love Greek food, although we have only had it in restaurants.

I'll be trying this soon.

Glad I could help peachesncream......enjoy!

Respected Contributor

On 2/1/2015 adoreqvc said:
On 2/1/2015 Marienkaefer2 said: Hi adore, I'm making this tonight. I'll post how it turned out! I love that website! I'm going to try and make my own pita bread as well. It doesn't look too difficult. Do you have any tips? Thanks, and Happy Sunday! Smiley Happy

So glad you love the Greek web site!

About the pita bread.......just follow the recipe and it will be delicious. Do not change a thing.

Have a great gathering, and i look forward to reading the souvlaki reviews.

Happy Sunday and enjoy!

Hello adore, I made this tonight and it was amazing! A hit! I didn't have time to make the homemade pita, but I purchased some made locally, which are also very good. Next time I will do the homemade. Anyway, this will be a regular at my.house now. It was so good! Smiley Happy
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

On 2/2/2015 Marienkaefer2 said:
On 2/1/2015 adoreqvc said:
On 2/1/2015 Marienkaefer2 said: Hi adore, I'm making this tonight. I'll post how it turned out! I love that website! I'm going to try and make my own pita bread as well. It doesn't look too difficult. Do you have any tips? Thanks, and Happy Sunday! Smiley Happy

So glad you love the Greek web site!

About the pita bread.......just follow the recipe and it will be delicious. Do not change a thing.

Have a great gathering, and i look forward to reading the souvlaki reviews.

Happy Sunday and enjoy!

Hello adore, I made this tonight and it was amazing! A hit! I didn't have time to make the homemade pita, but I purchased some made locally, which are also very good. Next time I will do the homemade. Anyway, this will be a regular at my.house now. It was so good! Smiley Happy

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes it is so delicious.

Two great Souvlaki recipes to make again, and again.

So glad it was a hit, and next time making the homemade pita bread will really be worth it.

Thanks so much for letting me know everyone liked it!

Respected Contributor

Adore, I forgot to mention, I made the Greek lemon potatoes as well. One of my family has celiac, so she could not eat the pita bread, so I made extra potatoes. Everything was so good and I look forward to trying more. Thanks for posting this website, and keep posting delicious things for us to try! Smiley Happy Happy Monday!
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

Love, love, love Greek food, especially after living in Crete, Greece for 2 yrs.! Where do you get your pita bread, I just cannot ever find the kind that is good like they serve in the Greek restaurants!

Respected Contributor

I buy pita bread at my local market. They sell a pita bread made by Basson Bakery, which is local to me, made in Lynnwood, WA. They are a family-owned bakery and all they make is pita bread! It's really very good. I'm sure it's not as good as what you get in Greece, but I think it's good! The recipe to make our own doesn't look difficult. I'm going to try that next.