Respected Contributor

Re: Just Enjoyed Delicious Homemade Greek Pork Gyros Souvlaki withTzatziki Sauce

On 1/25/2015 Marienkaefer2 said: Happy Sunday to you Adore. Thanks for the chicken recipe too!!. Smiley Happy

Anytime Marienkaefer2, and I also hope you enjoy that Greek cooking with step by step video internet web site I also outlined above for you. (It adds the JOY to new comers of all ages who enjoy Greek foods with wonderful great raves, and results).

P.S. Should you need any help cooking please do not hesitate... just ask me.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just Enjoyed Delicious Homemade Greek Pork Gyros Souvlaki withTzatziki Sauce

Adoreqvc, this thread prompted to me to go out and get some lamb for souvlakis this weekend. They were delicious! We usually have souvlakis with lamb, chicken or even goat which most people in the US don't seem to like but goat is the most eaten meat in the world. I have never made it with pork so I am trying that next!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

On 1/26/2015 Irshgrl31201 said:

Adoreqvc, this thread prompted to me to go out and get some lamb for souvlakis this weekend. They were delicious! We usually have souvlakis with lamb, chicken or even goat which most people in the US don't seem to like but goat is the most eaten meat in the world. I have never made it with pork so I am trying that next!

Hey Irshgrl31201,

I just knew you would be inspired to try this delicious recipe, and the chicken recipe is lighter and also very flavorful too.

I am so glad you made the souvlaki with lamb.

We also love goat meat and find it very tasty. I have made souvlaki with goat meat too. I also make a whole goat on a spit in the backyard and it comes out delicious. It also comes out tasty when made in the oven too, but since it is a lighter type of meat it must be watched not to overcook and become dry.

As for the pork you will love that alone as I also do but for added flavor I sometimes mix in goat meat and lamb. Then the pork flavor becomes enhanced mixed with the other meats and that souvlaki is melt in your mouth pure perfection!

Everything is a joy to make when we read a great recipe, or view a delicious food photograph, or get both from an internet palSmiley Happy.

Stay safe dear friend, enjoy, and happy cooking!

Trusted Contributor

I love Tzatziki sauce on anything!

Respected Contributor

On 1/26/2015 NYwoman said:

I love Tzatziki sauce on anything!

Especially on Greek fried meatballs!

Valued Contributor

Adore, these look so good! I am going to try them on Superbowl Sunday. Tell me, does the meat get a little crispy like the recipe says it should? I am hoping the meat doesn't just steam in the pan. Browned, crispy meat on this sandwich along with the tzatziki sounds divine!

Super Contributor

I never knew this website existed! Thanks for sharing....now I MUST cook Greek food!! Opa!

We all have two lives. The second begins when you realize you only have one - Confucius
Respected Contributor

On 1/29/2015 rosehill said:

Adore, these look so good! I am going to try them on Superbowl Sunday. Tell me, does the meat get a little crispy like the recipe says it should? I am hoping the meat doesn't just steam in the pan. Browned, crispy meat on this sandwich along with the tzatziki sounds divine!

Hi rosehill,

I like the recipe as is but if you really want extremely crispy I will give you 2 options:

There is not a lot of marinade on the meat so it is not as if the meat steams when made on the stove top.

Use a very large sauce pan to evenly spread the meat out into a single layer and follow the recipe directions until it looks crispy enough to your taste, or do this in two separate batches.

2nd option stir fry using a wok and fast stir fry motion to crisp everything well, just remember like my beloved Mom used to always say "Hot pan, warm oil and food won't stick."

I like the recipe as is and we like it a little crispy too, but that is a personal choice.

I hope you enjoy the game, your team wins, and everyone loves the Greek Souvlaki.

Respected Contributor

On 1/29/2015 Crazed4Gems said:

I never knew this website existed! Thanks for sharing....now I MUST cook Greek food!! Opa! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Hi Crazed4Gems,

Opa back to you too, and thanks for the smileSmiley Happy.

Enjoy!

Super Contributor

Yum,Wink thanks for the recipe.