Respected Contributor

Re: Just Enjoyed Delicious Homemade Greek Pork Gyros Souvlaki withTzatziki Sauce

On 1/25/2015 Marienkaefer2 said:
On 1/24/2015 adoreqvc said:
On 1/24/2015 Marienkaefer2 said:
On 1/24/2015 adoreqvc said:
On 1/24/2015 Marienkaefer2 said: Oh my mouth is watering. This is one of my favorite foods!!!

It is also delicious with lamb as well as pork.

I hope you also try the recipe, it is fairly easy and really delicious.

I will definitely try it. I bookmarked the recipe! Smiley Happy I usually only get something like this when I'm out, because I never think I could make it at home. But I can do this one. I LOVE Greek food. I used to.live in a city with many good locally owned Greek restaurants, and I ate or had takeout from them quite a lot. Now, the nearest bigger city to me has two, one of which is owned by a friend of mine's family, who are, of course Greek. But their food is just ok(although I would never tell them that!) Smiley Happy So, I am excited to try this recipe. Thanks, adore!

You are very welcome my friend enjoy the recipe, and when you try the recipe please let me know how you liked it.

Yes I also know many Greeks and other nationality cooks whose foods does not taste quite right, but I also would never insult them......but I did buy a few cook books which they said they loved many of the recipes, and included many of them in their own cooking repertoire.

btw i also am posting a Greek web site which displays many Greek recipes, and also offers nice step by step video's which help you watch as you try each recipe.

I hope you like it and use it often.

The results are spot on, and delicious.

Thanks adore. I will let you know how I did with the recipe!

Marienkaefer2 I did not want you to miss the Greek web site I referred to if you come back and do not read what I already wrote again when I originally posted to you, so now I also posted the Greek web site with step by step video's and recipes above for you to check out, and also for anyone else who may also be interested.

Respected Contributor

Re: Just Enjoyed Delicious Homemade Greek Pork Gyros Souvlaki withTzatziki Sauce

I've never made them, but they always remind me of state fairs. Always had to have one.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Occasional Contributor

Looks fantastic. I just pinned this on m Pinterest board. Going to make it this week. Thanks
Frequent Contributor

I make my own gyros using Alton Browns recipes for both the meat and the sauce.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/gyro-meat-with-tzatziki-sauce-recipe.html

I usually combine both ground pork and ground lamb. Occasionally ground beef.

No dill!

enjoy!

Camo

Respected Contributor

On 1/25/2015 debc said:

I've never made them, but they always remind me of state fairs. Always had to have one.

I have also eaten them at many State fairs, and they are addictive.

Respected Contributor

On 1/25/2015 stlshelley said: Looks fantastic. I just pinned this on m Pinterest board. Going to make it this week. Thanks

You are very welcome, and thanks for adding the recipe to the Pinterest Board, as you and others will certainly enjoy making them too.

Respected Contributor

On 1/25/2015 camochef said:

I make my own gyros using Alton Browns recipes for both the meat and the sauce.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/gyro-meat-with-tzatziki-sauce-recipe.html

I usually combine both ground pork and ground lamb. Occasionally ground beef.

No dill!

enjoy!

Camo

I also posted Alton's Greek Gyro recipe a while back for others to also enjoy as it is very easy to make on a rotisserie spit, or in a meatloaf pan. (Sometimes I will only use pork, only use lamb, or use a combination of pork and lamb).

Respected Contributor

Adore, could chicken also be used in this recipe you posted?
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

On 1/25/2015 Marienkaefer2 said: Adore, could chicken also be used in this recipe you posted?

Absolutely yes.......why not?

Just season and marinate the chicken well, and chicken gyro's are also delicious!

Below is a great Greek Chicken Gyro recipe I use often too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.mygreekdish.com/recipe/souvlaki-with-chicken-gyros-wrapped-pita-breads-with-chicken-and-t...

Homemade Chicken Gyros

Enjoy my friend, and Happy Sunday!

Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday to you Adore. Thanks for the chicken recipe too!!. Smiley Happy
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero