Frequent Contributor

Re: Just Bought My First Piece of Fiestaware

I wish we had a Dillard's. I'd like to see the Rice bowls before ordering any.

And yes. Stay safe in this weather. I may park in the Parking Garage at work on Monday. It'll be a first. Both my husband and I are working Monday, so we are having our three year old just stay with my parents tomorrow night. That way we don't have to take her out in the coldest part of the day.

Trusted Contributor

Ariane,

I love your photos of those adorable small heart dishes. Thanks for the info on Prydes. I had no idea these were still sold. Thanks so much for all your good info!

I am sooo tempted. But, I am holding off. For how long, I don't know, lol.

Everyone,

I was doing a little hunt on-line and I found the small heart bowls at cantondishbarn.com ($17.99), and everythingkitchens.com ($17.95).

Everythingkitchens website notes that they have free shipping on orders of at least $49.95.

Everythingkitchens has just 4 colors, sunflower, peacock, flamingo, scarlet. Unless they have more that they do not list on-line.

Canton Dish Barn has lots of colors! Not sure about shipping.

That is so interesting about HL not making turquoise small heart bowls!

I don't know which colors are available at Prydes.

Well, happy shopping! These small heart bowls are so tempting!

Edited to add:

I almost forgot to mention....... Stay safe and warm, everyone!

Respected Contributor

Shoekitty -- I went to their site: http://www.prydeskitchen.com/

Up near the top of their home page there is a box that says "contact us". I clicked on that, filled in the info and they called me back within the hour. Great customer service! Now all I can hope for is they pack well.

Honored Contributor

KUTIRA!!!!!

You on the honored 5000th post! I am leaving to pick up the grands at my daughters house. I will post when I get back!

Congrats Kutira, you win the virtual prize. A Piece of Fiesta that you desire. What will you choose?

Respected Contributor

Ocean -- OMG! I have never heard of those two sites and now I have two more to check out. You are amazing. Thanks for the info!

Trusted Contributor

3dlovely,

You are sure welcome!!!

That is so exciting that you will have a flamingo and tangerine small heart dish! They sure gave you excellent customer service. I will be excited to hear how you like them.

Ariane,

I love the colors you chose for your heart bowls, especially the small size! Sunflower, Lemongrass, Tangerine and Flamingo are the same colors I chose for my small rice bowls, and my 4 luncheon plates. I love those colors, and I think they go so wonderfully with my turquoise & white plates.

Trusted Contributor

Kutira, congrats on being #5,000!!! I did not notice, so glad Shoekitty mentioned it!

Wow, over 5,000 posts, pretty amazing. And amazing fun. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Respected Contributor

Kutira -- congratulations!! Way to go! 5,000!!!

Trusted Contributor

LilyBell,

Oh, you will get to try your large lemongrass platter with the ramekin sometime!

Regarding the medium platters, I did want to mention that they are rather small. We love them because we like smaller portions. I like to use it with a jumbo cup on one end, and it makes a cute soup & sandwich set.

I also like the medium platter for a single serving of a main dish salad, such as chef salad, taco salad, or a pasta dish. Of course, it is also a nice serving dish.

I have read reviews on the large platter, and some people use those for a dinner plate!

Frequent Contributor

Oceantown,

Thanks for the tips on the platter sizes. The large platter would be way too big for us to use as plates, we're not big eaters. But I was thinking the medium might work... we eat lots of main dish salads. I also like the idea of using a Jumbo Cup on the end for soup and a sandwich. (I'm having visions of a toasted Gruyère cheese sandwich along with a Jumbo Cup full of roasted tomato soup.)

I'll have to make a trip to Kohl's to look at the different platters. I have a twenty dollar coupon that's just burning a hole in my pocket. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}