Respected Contributor

Re: Just Bought My First Piece of Fiestaware

Ariane -- thank you so much for the information and pictures. They truly helped me because I am definitely a visual person. Also, thank you for the info about Prydes. I found their site and in the section "Contact Us', I wrote and asked about the small heart bowls. Within an hour Hannah, one of the best customer service associates, called me. I asked about the bowls and ordered a flamingo one and a tangerine one. The price was $18.50 each.

I can't say enough about Hannah. She was so polite and accommodating. My bowls are going to be shipped out the beginning of next week. I can't wait to get them.

I think HL is making a big mistake by not letting Prydes advertise them as exclusives. I am not aware of any other stores who carry the small ones. Hmmmmm maybe I should have gotten a scarlet one for one of my Fiesta friends for Valentine's Day. Oh well, I still have lots of time.

Thank again, Ariane!

Frequent Contributor

I may still go through Prydes, but am going to try to call the factory on Monday. I tried today, but I guess the retail store doesn't take calls on weekends. Anyway, the only way to get the buffet plate in Plum is from the factory. So I figured I'd add the heart bowls to spread the shipping around.

3d, how was shipping from Prydes?

Respected Contributor

The shipping is $10.50. I hate paying shipping; however, when it is either a fantastic sale or something I know I can't get locally, I just try not to think about it.

I totally forgot to ask if I would have purchased a certain amount, if there would be free shipping. However, it probably would have been more than I wanted to spend right now.

Honored Contributor

On 1/4/2014 3dlovely said:

The shipping is $10.50. I hate paying shipping; however, when it is either a fantastic sale or something I know I can't get locally, I just try not to think about it.

I totally forgot to ask if I would have purchased a certain amount, if there would be free shipping. However, it probably would have been more than I wanted to spend right now.

I know I hate shipping too! But when it is something you want, what can you do. It is still a savings from the eBay price of 22.50 (I think) and 6,95@ shipping! I may call them and order some I love the small heart bowls! I think I like them better than the medium.. I bet soon they will come out with a large heart bowl!

Honored Contributor

I think the medium and the small would make excellent brownie pans! Valentines Day is coming up, and a cake would be nice too. Heat shaped souffle, or bread pudding?

Honored Contributor

ariane

Thanks for the great pics, and the sizing on the bowls!

Honored Contributor

I have never ever heard of a Prydes, but then I never heard of a BonTon, Belks, Younkers before either. I am in California, and all we have are the chain stores, like Macy's, JC Penny's, Sears, Nordstrom, Neiman's,Bloomingdales. Those are anchor stores along with the discount stores like Target, KMart,TJMAXX< Marshalls and such! In Southern California they have another name for Macy's that they have back East, as well as Macy's....but I forgot the name. We have the usual small stores everyone has like Gap, Talbots, Coldwater, Soft Surrounding, JJill.

you who have stores like Belks, Dillards and the lot, do you still have Macys and the rest?

Honored Contributor

3d

Which Prydes did you call? I might like turquoise and Lemongrass. Or, they don't make it in turquoise, just Peacock.

It is quiet here tonight. I hope you all have power and are keeping warm. The news we are getting here, is it is the coldest ever, and it is a state of emergency

Trusted Contributor

Hi, Shoekitty,

Do you have Le Gourmet Chef at any outlet near you? They may have a small supply of fiesta.

Thanks for posting the picture of the pretty cobalt heart dish.

I think the Prydes is in Kansas City, Missouri. I found the website, and was looking around.

Congrats on the special stripe rice bowl! I know how tempting it is when you come across a very special piece!

Trusted Contributor

wismiss and Luna, my weather sounds like yours--only I think Minnesota has to be worse than NE. It's really freezing!! I was going to run to Kohl's today but it was too cold, so just did emergency grocery shopping. Our worst day should be Mon. They're saying 0 degrees with wind chills of -40.

shoekitty, we have Dillards, Younkers, Kohl's, Penny's--I'd rather have a Bloomingdales and Neiman Marcus. We just had an outlet mall open up on the edge of town that has Bloomies, Saks...no kitchen stores that I know of. I've stayed away since it opened right after Thanksgiving. If I ever get out there, I'll let you know.

Everybody stay warm and dry!!

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney