Honored Contributor

Re: Just Bought My First Piece of Fiestaware

On 12/25/2014 donasmom said:

I am in a zany mood (sleep deprived) and I thought: "I just bought my second piece of Fiestaware" or "Still buying Fiestaware". I say that because a few months ago, when discussing the long threads and desire to stop them, a somewhat sarcastic poster said something to the effect "I would think by now the OP has finished buying Fiestaware. Whatever the thread is called, I can't wait to start the New Year posting on it.

As an aside, my DH and DD collaborated I bought me 5 place settings and a gusto bowl of Juniper (my fav) as well as a mug in Shamrock. I will be planning where they should go (hutch? plate rack?) all day today.

Merry Christmas!!!

donasmom! Those are excellent names! I love Still buying Fiestaware..... I also love Just bought my second piece of Fiestaware!

Second piece, yeah...right. Who buys 2 buys pieces of Fiesta? LOL! Juniper and evergreen are my favorites. It is hard to tell them apart at times. I have both and the evergreen is just a bit bluer than the Juniper. The Juniper goes beautiful with almost all the colors.

Regular Contributor

Anyone receive fiestaware as a gift this week? My in-laws gave me 8 poppy buffet plates to add to my new addiction! Smiley Happy MIL ordered them from Kohls and the bottom one in the box was broken.....I'll get that taken care of this week, and I'm waiting for Dillards to have their clearance sale next week in hopes of finding a treasure or two!
Trusted Contributor

Hope everyone's holiday was great!!

I lost my internet until today.

imashopper, tell me about Dillard's clearance sale on Fiesta, please....

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Trusted Contributor

On 12/24/2014 surprise_sometime said:

Hi ladies!!

I hope everyone is doing well- still so busy with everything at work and getting settled with things.

I hope you all have a fantastic Christmas!! I miss talking with you all, I need to check in in more detail soon Smiley Sad

surprise, good to hear from you! Please do check in very soon!! You're in all our thoughts.

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Regular Contributor

Kutira.....on average Dillard's does their clearance sale one weekend per month, usually at the end of the month. They haven't done it since September (I believe) but a birdie told me they'll be doing it New Years Day, so I'll be there! Typically anything with a red clearance sticker is an additional 30-40% off the clearance price. I've found some awesome bargains! I've never shopped for Fiesta during the clearance sale so this one will be a first for me, but I'm hoping to find something awesome!!
Honored Contributor

On 12/27/2014 imashopper said: Kutira.....on average Dillard's does their clearance sale one weekend per month, usually at the end of the month. They haven't done it since September (I believe) but a birdie told me they'll be doing it New Years Day, so I'll be there! Typically anything with a red clearance sticker is an additional 30-40% off the clearance price. I've found some awesome bargains! I've never shopped for Fiesta during the clearance sale so this one will be a first for me, but I'm hoping to find something awesome!!

If I remember the Dillards sale is better in the stores. I think a few Fiestanistas got the 3 piece baking bowls for like 50 dollars. I live in California and there are no Dillards by me. Maybe in SoCal, but I haven't ever seen one. I do buy online when they have sales, and they pack perfect! I also buy the Dillards exclusive rice bowls. I have both sizes and all colors. Love those. One of my favorite, most used pieces!!!

Honored Contributor

On 12/24/2014 surprise_sometime said:

Hi ladies!!

I hope everyone is doing well- still so busy with everything at work and getting settled with things.

I hope you all have a fantastic Christmas!! I miss talking with you all, I need to check in in more detail soon Smiley Sad

Please take a few minutes and fill us in what has been going on! We MISS you. I also miss cass and my little mango!

Respected Contributor

I can't believe the holiday is over! I did manage to get some pics of our table. Unfortunately, my photography skills aren't the best. Also, as dinner was in full production, I forget to take more pictures as the serving dishes were added. So here goes --

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

Our dessert was a lemon trifle.