Trusted Contributor

Re: Just Bought My First Piece of Fiestaware

LilyBell,

I have posted this before, but it would be so hard go back through the pages to find it again. So, I thought I would post it again. This is a photo of my jumbo cup on the medium platter. I have also used the small rice bowl on the medium platter, and it works great too.

I would be there lickety split to join you for your toasted Gruyere Cheese sandwich and cup of roasted tomato soup!!! YUM.

photo DSCN2046_zpse283e3f0.jpg

And, the small rice bowl on the medium platter:

photo DSCN2304_zps06a5ffe6.jpg

Respected Contributor

Wismiss -- Ever since you posted your picture and told us all about the bread you made, I have been so anxious to try it. I bought the book you recommended and I bought a Fiesta loaf pan. Unfortunately, then I got busy and never got around to trying it. Well today seemed to be the perfect day and I baked bread! I was so excited. The bread came out great; however, we still haven't tasted it. I've been too busy taking pictures of it. I'm going to try to post a couple of the pictures I have taken. Thanks for telling me how to do it and giving me the confidence to try it.

Respected Contributor

Trusted Contributor

ocean: such a pretty picture; I'd like to come over for a snack right now!!

THANK YOU LADIES!!!! I had no idea I'd won a prize by posting at 5000!! Couldn't get back on the computer until now. Since you're giving me a prize, I'd like to go to LA Dishes and get the chartreuse kitchen timer, matching toaster and blender. Thanks so much; I feel like I won the lottery!!!

I suggest after eating at oceantown's house, we all take a flight and stay with shoekitty until the snow melts!!

I just can't believe how cold it is. Stay warm and safe!!

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Honored Contributor

Kutira

What a great choice, I love the kitchen timer. It is virtually on it's way to you! LOL!

Today we took the visiting grandkids to the Aquarium in Monterey. Yes, it was warm, but not too warm. A beautiful 67 degrees! Holy Moley, I cannot believe how much they charge to get it. It cost close to 200 bucks for admission. We were there for 3 hours, so we had the kids absorb all the knowledge they could for the money, LOL! Of course the star attraction is the otters. Those guys just are too cute., Laying around, floating on their back, cracking crabs on their belly. What a life. The moon jelly fish were spectacular as well. So pretty.

You all are invited to California. My house is open!

ocean

You can post and repost those pictures, I can't get enough..the chili looks beyond good!

3dlovely

I have a bread maker, and use that. I wish I was good at baking bread. Those pics make me hungey. I can smell the yeast, and the frsh cooked bread from here. They look gorgeous. I am a pretty good baker, with cookies, cakes and such...but I am a failure at bread. I need to watch someone make it step by step to see what it looks and feels like at each step. Bread is one of those things that take a few hours, and you never know if it is successful until it is baked!!!

Trusted Contributor

67 degrees! Wow, shoekitty, I am so jealous; that aquarium sounds delightful!! Thanks for confirming my invite. And thank you so much for the kitchen timer! I just love those extras.

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Honored Contributor

moon jelly fish

Honored Contributor

otter.

Respected Contributor

Well now the trick with the bread is going to be having some restraint and not devouring it. My husband and I each had a slice and it was delicious. That cookbook seems to be a winner. I'm definitely going to try a couple of other recipes that look interesting. Again Wismiss, thank you.

Shoekitty -- those moon jelly fish look so darn cool. I would love to see one of them. And I think otters are so adorable. I can't believe the total admission charge. I often wonder how a lot of people take their children anywhere. The price of sporting events is ridiculous. Of course, I'm going to date myself now, but I remember going to a lot of baseball games with my dad. We would sit in general admission and it would cost 50 cents. My mom would even pack us sandwiches and thermos of lemonade -- now everything is so different.

Honored Contributor

It is so expensive. OMG, try Disneyland! When my first grandaughter was 5 (she is 24 now) Disneyland tickets were 38 dollars. Now they are 92 dollars for ONE day, and ONE park. If you want to go to Disney and California (the new park attached to it).it is 140 for one day PER person. If you have a small family of 4 it would be 560 dollars admission for the day! Then food. Most people don't live by Disneyland and need a hotel. A hotel in California near Disneyland would run from 150 to 300 a night. A breakfast at Dennys or IHOP for 4 people would run at least 60 dollars with tax and w/o tip

I took myself and 4 grandkids to the movies last summer. It was a 3D movie. What was I thinking? We went at 10:30am because that was the cut off for cheap seats. The admission was 7@ matinee price. PLUS 2.50@ for 3D glasses.. We got 4 glasses because the youngest didn't like them so it was 35.00 plus 10 for glasses, 45 bucks to get in! Then popcorn was more and ewe smuggled candy and water in. It cost me 60 dollars to go to the movies. We were out in 1:45 hour. Not the double matinee, newsreel and cartoon I used see for 25 cents. I could go into movie at 11am and get out at 4pm!!!

I can't imagine young families paying for all this stuff for the family. It is a treat to go to movies for sure. So expensive