Trusted Contributor

Re: Just Bought My First Piece of Fiestaware

3d, I think that is a great idea to use that non-skid drawer liner under the tray wedges. I think the white tray would make a pretty base with your colors. I look forward to hearing how you like the look! And your picture!

Frequent Contributor

3D - Your lemon cookie recipe is similar to a chocolate cookie recipe I made at Christmas only it doesn't use a box cake mix. But I rolled small balls of dough in sugar before baking just like your recipe. I'll have to give yours a try but will wait until I have others to help me eat them!

Oceantown - My daughter and my niece loved their emergency brownie kits. I gave them suggestions for other uses of the ramekins and they were excited to know they can use them in the microwave and put them in the dishwasher too. I gave them each a jar of coconut oil in the kits and explained that it makes a great 'grease' for in the ramekins. They didn't think of using it that way for some reason. I might now have 2 new converts to fiestaware!! It sure would make gift giving easier! You asked for the recipe for the brownies...it is one I found online awhile ago but here is the link: http://cravingchronicles.com/2013/04/02/emergency-small-batch-brownies/

Imashopper - thanks for the tips on Dillard's sales. Unfortunately there aren't any Dillard's any where close to me. (Or maybe its fortunate because I really want some of the rice bowls but have no space for them!)

Wismiss and Surprise - I hope you both are doing well despite all that you have on your plates. I hope the New Year brings you both positive changes and renewal.

I want to wish all the fiestanistas a Happy and Joyful New Year! I will be spending a quiet, simple holiday at home. I hate driving on New Years Eve and after the chaos I had this Christmas, I'm looking forward to the peace and quiet!

Trusted Contributor

RainGirl,

So glad your niece & daughter loved their emergency brownie kits! I think there is a very good chance you have two new Fiesta converts!

The ramekin also makes a great salsa bowl.

Thanks so much for sharing the recipe! It looks yummy.

Happy New Year to you, RainGirl, and all of our fiestanistas!

Trusted Contributor

On 12/27/2014 imashopper said: Kutira.....on average Dillard's does their clearance sale one weekend per month, usually at the end of the month. They haven't done it since September (I believe) but a birdie told me they'll be doing it New Years Day, so I'll be there! Typically anything with a red clearance sticker is an additional 30-40% off the clearance price. I've found some awesome bargains! I've never shopped for Fiesta during the clearance sale so this one will be a first for me, but I'm hoping to find something awesome!!

Ooh, thanks, maybe I'll go take a look; can't find anything online I really want. I need to decide what Peacock pieces I really want before they are gone.

Wismiss and Surprise, please take care and check in...

Happy New Year Everybody!! I'll be hanging out with my mom at the nursing home after I get a massage....

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Trusted Contributor

Wismiss & Surprise, hope you are both doing well.

Kutira, I think it is so nice you are going to be with your Mom.

Trusted Contributor

Just checking in to wish you all a Happy New Year for 2015. I am somewhat anxious about 2015, but we will see.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Respected Contributor

Hi Fiesta Friends-- I am now back at home with a functional computer. It was a grueling trip with many problems involving my Dad. I just want to wish everyone a very Happy New Years and I am looking forward to finding Donasmom's new 2015 thread (you ladies had so many clever titles!).

Respected Contributor

Hey Fiestanistas! Just stopping by to wish you all a Happy New Year. No matter what is going on in your lives, I hope the new year brings health and happiness to everyone.

Trusted Contributor

Hi, Everyone. Donasmom started a new thread, "Still Buying Fiestaware (aka Fiesta thread, Part 2) just in case this one wasn't there. Do we want to keep this one until we get to like 10,000 posts or do we want to say good-bye to it and start posting on the new thread?

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

I was checking to see if thread still posts