Trusted Contributor

Re: Just Bought My First Piece of Fiestaware

Glad to hear everyone is enjoying their turquoise large bowls! That was a great deal.

PammySue,

I would love to join you all for a cup of tea! I love your backsplash, and that is a great photo! I have that creamer and sugar in turquoise, I think they make such a cute set. I can't tell exactly from the photo on my computer, but is the creamer and mug both sunflower, or is the creamer marigold? And I just noticed the giraffe, how adorable.

I had a wirehaired fox terrier when I was growing up. My first pet. She could be a little feisty!

Kutira, Hope you are feeling better!

Hi, Lilybell, What a great purchase at Kohls. I think someday I want to get the large platter, and lemongrass is such a great color. I have two medium platters, and we use them in place of dinner plates occasionally. I think your large platter would make a great chip & dip or veggie & dip platter, with a bowl on one end. Maybe the small bowl, or the rice bowl or a ramekin.

3dlovely, What beautiful cookies! They look absolutely delicious. Oh, yeah, you can never have too much chocolate.

Wismiss, you are so funny..... a snowcheck! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Trusted Contributor

Luna, I have two of the medium heart bowls. I bought them in person at a Dillard's while on vacation! I knew I had heard about small heart bowls, but I did not know if they were retired, or any details.

I took a couple new photos, just to show a better idea of the size. I think these bowls are great.

I poured water into the medium bowl (the one that comes with the place settings), and then poured it into the medium heart bowl and it overflowed a little. The heart bowls are more shallow too. I think they look nice with the sides being a little shorter.

I took a picture of the heart bowl on the dinner plate:

photo heartNplate_zps121b5f7b.jpg

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

And, the medium heart bowl compared to the medium bowl (that comes with the place setting):

photo heartNround_zpsc2c216f3.jpg

New Contributor

At my neighborhood Savers I bought a pretty yellow Fiestaware teapot for $4.99. It keeps all the other teapots in my collection company upon the shelf my husband made for me. Brought it down to make a pot of Bigelow Constant Comment the other day and was pleased .
Respected Contributor

Chicagosuburbangirl--you are lucky. I don't have any of those stores anywhere near me. That is a great find.

Trusted Contributor

Hi, Chicagosurbangirl,

I had not heard of Savers, so I looked it up. Found out there is a store about an hour away. I will have to check it out sometime.

Great find for you! I have a teapot collection too!

Trusted Contributor

Shoekitty (& everyone!)

I just remembered that you mentioned that you do not have department stores by you, but you have an outlet mall. Sounds like me. But, I thought I would remind everyone that Le Gourmet Chef carries fiesta, and if you ever see that store in an outlet mall, it would be worth it to check to see what they have.

I have checked out the fiesta at Le Gourmet Chef, and it is a small size display, but they can still have some nice pieces, and some good prices. Especially when I have a bounce-back coupon or a mall coupon or during a sale. We also buy k-cups there, and so we get the bounce-back coupons from time to time.

Honored Contributor

Hi ocrean, how was your New Year's. Thanks for the pics of the heart bowls. I have 2 one in turquoise, and another in lemongrass. I gave the Flamingo to my granddaughter. I waitied 5 months for them at Dillards!

hi chicagosuburbangirl..what is a Savers? I am in CA and never heard of that store!

Luna, I have the medium heart bowl, and it is fabulous! The sides are lower than a regular bowl, so know that. Some people use them for trinket bowls. You could bake heart brownies in them. Ocen showed a great idea of placing them on another plate. Homer Laughlin did make a small heart bowl. it is retired and gone! I saw a few on ebay before the medium bowl heart came out. Try etsy or ebay for small. I have seen it in Juniper which makes me think it was in the late 90's? I need to check when Juniper was available, but when even Juniper was sold they had the small heart bowl. It was a wee bit larger than the fruit bowl.

Honored Contributor

Fiesta Ware Small COBALT Blue Heart Shaped Ramekin/Bowl NWT

This is a small heart shaped bowl on ebay. It is described as a heart shapel"ramiken" bowl. They are selling at 23.99, and 7.95 shipping.

Honored Contributor

I am out of my mind. Don't ask me what I was thinking, but I just bought the HLCCA special rice bowl with the red stripes? Tried to post a pic, but it was going to be one of those whole screen pics, so I cancelled the print.

It is the bowl offered by The Homer Laughlin Fiesta Collectors Association a couple of years ago. They also had the polka dot set as well. So one 5" rice bowl with red stripes coming my way, for 48.00 bucks with shipping, GULP. Geesh what gets into me ?? Okay wthis where my enabling fiesta friends say, "Oh, but it is so worth it!!" LOL!