Regular Contributor

Re: Just Bought My First Piece of Fiestaware

Wismiss- I just sent it out Monday, so who knows how long it'll take. We've had heavy snow up here all day, probably close to 10" by now. Driving to and from work was just awful.
Frequent Contributor

Does anyone have the heart bowls? Did you know there is a smaller version that you can only get at independent stores? Trying to decide whether to order one or not. Hah. Would have to pay shipping of course, boo.

Regular Contributor

Pammysue- what a nice present! And those cookies sound amazing. Lilybell- lemongrass has really grown on me,I got a latte mug in lemongrass and its so bright and happy. Your color choices sound great together.
Honored Contributor

surprise

I love lemongrass too, It is one of those Fiesta colors that really does it's best work as a co ordinating color. It is spectacular with scarlet, cobalt, chocolate,the blues and black! I do love it. I love chartreuse first, and then Lemongrass. I love chocolate, lemongrass and turquoise as a trio for a real retro look. Then remove the turquoise and replace with flamingo, and it is so 1960's and 70's..to me anyway

Honored Contributor

3d

Did you make those oreo cookies? They look so delicious! Mmmmm. I wanty!

I love, love my turquoise bowl for 6.99/ I am sort of kicking myself I didn't a few for soup bowls and seafood salad bowls! Also, I think this bowl would be perfect for a Cobb Salad.

Respected Contributor

Hey Shoekitty -- Yes, I did make those oreo cookies. They are so much fun to make and take no effort at all for a great look.

I got one of my turquoise bowls. I ordered two, so hopefully the other will be delivered tomorrow. I love the size of that bowl.

Frequent Contributor

I do love Lemongrass, it definitely is a happy color. And food always looks so good on a Lemongrass plate. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

On 1/1/2014 LilyBell2 said:

I do love Lemongrass, it definitely is a happy color. And food always looks so good on a Lemongrass plate. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

anything with red sauce (enchiladas. spaghetti,lasagna, etc) looks even better on lemongrass!

Respected Contributor

PammySue2--You have a Toy Fox Terrier!? I grew up with them. They are so loyal and smart. I love that breed of dog.

3dlovely--you made those cookies? They are just beautiful. You are so talented. I am lucky if a cake comes cleanly out of the pan without leaving part of it stuck inside.

Shoekitty--I totally agree with you. Lemongrass is a happy color that pairs up very well with many of the other colors.

Respected Contributor

On 1/1/2014 Luna81 said:

Does anyone have the heart bowls? Did you know there is a smaller version that you can only get at independent stores? Trying to decide whether to order one or not. Hah. Would have to pay shipping of course, boo.

Luna81--I know that at one time, HL made another size heart shaped bowl. The Christmas Tree pattern had one but I think that it was discontinued just as I was getting into Fiesta.

What stores are you referring to when you say that they have a smaller version? I think that I might want to take a look. Thanks for letting us know!