Respected Contributor

Re: Just Bought My First Piece of Fiestaware

Respected Contributor

LilyBell2 -- I think it would be great if we could all get together to go to the 12-step program. Then we could go out for lunch and then do a little Fiesta shopping!

Sounds like you had a great day at Kohl's. Lemongrass and Turquoise are gorgeous together.

Respected Contributor

3dlovely--the tray of chocolate cookies/candies looks yummy. I will bring the box of Godiva chocolates that my SIL gave me (or I should say, what is left of them). You can never have too much chocolate!

Contributor

Hot chocolate, chocolate covered oreos, tea and Godiva chocolates. It's becoming a great party! Then Fiesta shopping afterward!

Stay safe, meezer. We're expecting a little weather tonight also.

Frequent Contributor

On 1/1/2014 meezerpleezer said:
On 1/1/2014 Luna81 said:

In store if they have any left Herberger's had 70% off the holiday plates. I still couldn't bring myself to get them. As they would be 11.80 even at the 70% off and for a plate I'd use once a year... :sigh: Maybe next year? Haha.<br /> <br /> I think I'm going to get the Orange color too. Still not sure on the yellow. Almost too pale.

Luna81--after your comment on the "yellow", I had to go back and look at my colors. The Sunflower seems pretty bright and happy. Were you looking at Ivory and thinking it was a pale yellow? I know that some of the other posters think that Ivory has a definite yellow cast to it. Look at the square mug that PammySue2 posted just after you. That is Sunflower. Still too pale?

I saw the Ivory too. The sunflower was next to the Tangerine, and it just didn't seem too "bright" next to it.

Alas, I'm down to 50 in Christmas money and am eyeing some nail polish. Hah. So I'll probably be down to 30. So I may or may not be adding sets soon. Good for me neither of those colors are being retired anyway. I can always buy a place setting or a luncheon plate a month, right?

Respected Contributor

Luna81--you can save your money for a while and wait until the new color is unveiled in the beginning of March or so. Ever since Lapis was presented in 2013, I have been waiting for the next color. I sure hope that it is something spectacular. Look on the bright side, if you don't like the new color then you can come back and buy those other pieces that you might want. It's all good.

Regular Contributor

I want in on this tea party! I'll bring my assortment of latte mugs :-)
Trusted Contributor

You ladies are just a riot! Starts out as a cup of tea at Pammysue2's, and now we have hot chocolate, chocolate covered Oreos, and Godiva chocolates. I will bring white chocolate covered popcorn that we can munch on while we each go to the Fiesta site on our laptops and do colorama and share our color combinations. Thanks for the invitation, Pammysue2. However, I might be a little late---we are to have 3-5" of snow tonight with blowing snow, so unless I can pilot the plane above the snow clouds, I'll just have to take a snowcheck.

Shoekitty: I'm glad your problem with the computer got fixed. Surprise, did you ever get your computer back? What was wrong with it? 3dlovely, what a great sale at Bon Ton's. I'll have to check that out. Thanks for sharing the info.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Frequent Contributor

On 1/1/2014 3dlovely said:

LilyBell2 -- I think it would be great if we could all get together to go to the 12-step program. Then we could go out for lunch and then do a little Fiesta shopping!

Sounds like you had a great day at Kohl's. Lemongrass and Turquoise are gorgeous together.

That sounds like a wonderful plan, 3d... especially if we have a decadent chocolate dessert with lunch... that would be perfect, and would definitely help fortify us for our Fiesta shopping!

All my 4 piece place settings are Lemongrass, but I've mixed in other colors with the Latte Mugs and Jumbo Cups, Bouillon Bowls, Gusto Bowls, and Individual Casserole dishes. Fiesta is just so much fun.

Contributor

Surprise, the more,the merrier! My sweetie got me a fantastic stove for Christmas and I'll bet it makes wonderful pecan chocolate chip cookies. (One of my specialties, aside from insanely good no bakes)

LilyBell2, I like your color scheme.

Wismiss, we'll keep the runway lights on for you and I know you'd be able to hear my siren guiding you in. She's a 7lb toy Fox terrier that never barks---she screams!