Contributor

Just Bought My First Piece of Fiestaware

I have numerous pieces of Temp-Tations and have noticed that the finish is crackling. The interior of my pans are beginning to look alot like an old oil painting. My best friend swears by Fiestaware so I bought my first piece, a 9" square baker, in cobalt. Can't wait to get it!

Honored Contributor

Re: Just Bought My First Piece of Fiestaware

On 12/31/2013 Luna81 said:

Shoekitty: I think they pasta bowl and the 6.99 bowl are suppose to have the same capacity.

On viruses: You can get them anywhere. It's the good old know what you clicked on. I have Facebook no problems. My mom has it for Facebook games and no issues. You just have to be cautious. It's like the Target thing, they think it could have been from someone clicking a link in the work email. Have to be careful.

ITA!!! I am super careful where I go, and what links I use. I even have a high security unit set on my computer. I don't give out one of my email address's, I use another system and address for ordering, and other email. I have got a virus from Facebook twice.The first time was a few years ago, and thousands got it as well. Facebook owned up to it. This time The facebook link file was corrupt and labeled. ((% of the time it never happens, but there is always someone who plays around with something, contaminates his files, and passes it on. Usually young kids. I just found out my daughter and her friend got the same virus as well at almost the same time.. We opened a facebook page that was sent to us from a friend. All 3 of us. We think that might be the one. The other virus I don't know where I got it. But it was so weird. I was looking for info on Nordstroms Lemon Cream cake made by Smith Island cakes. I did click on a link for Nordstrom lemon cake recipe, and that's when all the problems started, and the suspicious cloud started. The computer locked up, and I couldn't use it. I have had a virus twice in the almost 19 years we have had one.

Respected Contributor

Happy New Year!

What better way to kick off the new year then a good bargain. BonTon has two Fiesta serving utensils at a fabulous price. The one piece is the cake knife and the other piece is the ceramic fork. They are both in Marigold and the "yellow-dot" clearance price is $10.80. Original price was $36.00.

Plus there is a coupon code -- NEWYEAR14. With that code you get 20% off all clearance items. That brought the price down to $8.64.

Then if you use the code -- FREESHIP, you can get free shipping on any purchase (no minimums).

I have many of these serving utensils and they are great. They are a nice weight and extremely sturdy. I have never seen them at any better price.

Here's a link for the ceramic fork:

http://www.bonton.com/sc2/shop/home/fiesta-dinnerware-marigold-ceramic-fork_707567.html

Enjoy!

Frequent Contributor

In store if they have any left Herberger's had 70% off the holiday plates. I still couldn't bring myself to get them. As they would be 11.80 even at the 70% off and for a plate I'd use once a year... :sigh: Maybe next year? Haha.

I think I'm going to get the Orange color too. Still not sure on the yellow. Almost too pale.

Contributor

Inviting my Fiesta Friends for a nice cup of tea in our favorite Fiesta mug....Happy New Year everyone!

Respected Contributor

Pammysue2 -- I love that mug! I have them in flamingo and tangerine.

Thank you for the invite to tea. I graciously accept.

Happy new year to you!

Respected Contributor

PammySue2--I would love a cup of tea. Thanks. However, our New Year is going to come with a bang. Snow and high winds on the way--please make mine hot chocolate! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Respected Contributor

On 1/1/2014 Luna81 said:

In store if they have any left Herberger's had 70% off the holiday plates. I still couldn't bring myself to get them. As they would be 11.80 even at the 70% off and for a plate I'd use once a year... :sigh: Maybe next year? Haha.

I think I'm going to get the Orange color too. Still not sure on the yellow. Almost too pale.

Luna81--after your comment on the "yellow", I had to go back and look at my colors. The Sunflower seems pretty bright and happy. Were you looking at Ivory and thinking it was a pale yellow? I know that some of the other posters think that Ivory has a definite yellow cast to it. Look at the square mug that PammySue2 posted just after you. That is Sunflower. Still too pale?

Frequent Contributor

On 12/31/2013 wismiss said:

LilyBell2: Fiestaholics----too cute. I do think we are pretty good enablers, so I'm not sure how many others would join you in a 12-step program.

Wismiss, I think I'll have to give up on a Fiestaholic's 12-step-program at least for now... the enablers are just too powerful! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Yesterday, I picked up a large Lemongrass platter at Kohl's and a couple of Latte Mugs, one in Lemongrass and one in Turquoise. They are lovely!

Respected Contributor

PammySue2 -- I will bring some chocolate covered oreos. (Picture in next post)

Meezer -- they will definitely go good with your hot chocolate. You can never have too much chocolate.