Respected Contributor

Here in Southern California I have not found one bagel that I like. I used to be able to buy Sara Lee frozen bagels, but I have not even seen them. They were at least decent, not greyt.

When I first came to Southern CA. I had to make my own, since they were mostly unheard of, but it is too much work for me now.

I should check with Zabars in Manhattan, they used to mail them and they were good.

Nothing better than a bagel with cream cheese (a smear) and lox.

Super Contributor

We love them. Especially the minis.  I order them often.  

Trusted Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ  thank you so much for taking the time to post this. Yesterday I ordered an assorted variety of Essa bagels from Goldbelly because of you! Thanks so much. Now we just have to wait until they arrive at our door!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Solar Is My Name, thanks for letting me know. I hope you get them soon and that you love them as much as I do. I hope you are trying some pumpernickel ones!!!! Let us know how you like them.

Trusted Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ , hello! We just received them and opened them immediately. And YES! I toasted a pumpernickle one. You guided me correctly -- DELICIOUS! (Because I am allergic to gluten I allowed myself to have one small half and subsequesntly will have half a bagel once a week -- but they are SO GOOD!) Hubby had a whole everything bagel and had NO complaints! (Didn't think he would.) Thanks again, Lisa!

Super Contributor

I've never had these bagels but would note that these bagels won whatever best food of the year 2020 award that customers vote on, so some folks apparently think they're very good. The year before they also won some other QVC food award. I think the Today's Special Value price is good so I'm trying the bagels today for the first time. I think the price is good compared to the bagel price at Panera.

I'll post again after we get our bagels and try them.

Trusted Contributor

I ordered and am enjoying the tsv. I ordered early and they came in yesterday. I really envy anyone who has had a real N.Y. bagel, warm after standing in line. Sounds so good. 

I had never heard of goldbelly. There is so much to look at!! Thanks to @Lisa now in AZ  for sharing. I will enjoy looking around there for sure. I won't be ordering bagels for awhile because we're full up, but I will definitely look around. One of my favorite things is going to a new store or food place and just look around. Don't go anywhere too much anymore, so I will really enjoy looking at this site. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just Bagels?

[ Edited ]

@Flatbush wrote:

Here in Southern California I have not found one bagel that I like. I used to be able to buy Sara Lee frozen bagels, but I have not even seen them. They were at least decent, not greyt.

When I first came to Southern CA. I had to make my own, since they were mostly unheard of, but it is too much work for me now.

I should check with Zabars in Manhattan, they used to mail them and they were good.

Nothing better than a bagel with cream cheese (a smear) and lox.

I was born and raised in NY - and miss those great bagels from a bagel store. Living in southern Calif. many, many years - and find the best bagels at Costco. A few weeks ago, I went to Aldi's and found their packaged bagels to be very good. I bought onion and plain. Goes great with cream cheese. I always toast my bagels. I like lox - but there's too much in a package for me.