Frequent Contributor

Hi!

Just wondering if anyone had tried Just Bagels?  There are do many mixed reviews.  I like bagels that have a nice texture and a semi-hard top crust, not a soft bagel.  Should I order them?  Thank you so much and have a great day.

Trusted Contributor

I have ordered them and liked them. I would have orderd again, except that I discovered Goldbelly.com and have been ordering bagels from them. I only order pumpernickel ones, which I can't find locally. I liked the pumpernickel ones from Just Bagels, but the ones I get from Goldbelly are better. The plain ones were good, but not special enough to justify the money.

Honored Contributor

Hello @Lisa now in AZ   Would you please share the specific brand on Goldbelly that have the bagels you like?

I love Goldbelly, but sometimes there are so many brands I cannot make up my mind or tell which ones are better. 

Trusted Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper, sure. I have tried and liked H & H Bagels, but I usually get the Essa bagels - 2 dozen for $59 with free shipping. These are HUGE and I can get two or three out of each bagel (that's how I justify the cost!) (Except for the first time they delivered them and they were warm!!!) They come wrapped in sets of two in plastic wrap, so that is much easier to tuck in places in the freezer and not have to put in whole bags. I have tried the plain, and pumpernickel. I got egg bagels from H & H I think, but I pretty much stick with pumpernickel. Yeah, Goldbelly can be overwhelming. I kind of think of it as food p#rn!

Honored Contributor

@jettaforce,

I ordered the bagels once; they were as named, just bagels, okay, but nothing special.   I will not order them again.   

Honored Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ   You are wonderful!!

Thank you for your thorough reviews.

[yes, that's how I feel about Goldbelly also Smiley Very Happy]

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper

I live in NYC and @Lisa now in AZ is correct - their bagels are wonderful

I use to work around there and yes - there is a line out the door when people are getting their monring bagels and don't even think about lunch if you are not willing to wait for a while - there is a separate line if u just want it plain - where they just came out of the oven

it would be warm as they toss it in the bag - my fav is either sesame or cinnamon raisin - i hope they will also taste just as good if they are being shipped

Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

@jettaforce,

I ordered the bagels once; they were as named, just bagels, okay, but nothing special.   I will not order them again.   

@RedTop  .... yes, I agree with you .... I live in NY & there is nothing like a real NY bagel from  NY bagel store .... the “just bagels” that QVC sells are just OK but nothing special.

Respected Contributor

I ordered once and not again.

I can buy bagels here that are good.

Honored Contributor

I'm not impressed in the least. 

I will admit that I do not have a very sophisticated palate, and I like basic and cheaper foods oftentimes. 

I found them over priced, not all that flavorful, and tough. Maybe that is the way a really good bagel is supposed to be, I don't know. I only know that I much prefer Thomas from the grocery store.