Honored Contributor

I kept seeing this on Q but honestly $51.00 + tax too pricey and not practical for us.

Today I came home and there was a box on my porch marked Juniors. Well, of course, no gift card but it was from Q.

I unpackaged it apparently someone sent to us. But, it's certainly smaller than it looks on tv! I hope it's as good as it looks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Juniors swirl cheesecake

I, too, hope you like the cake.  It does look good on the screen and lots of times, I'd like to buy one slice - just not a whole cake.

AS for the price -  no reason everything QVC sells has to be affordable to all of us and more than Cadillac should sell me one of their cars at a price I can pay.  Juniors has been selling on QVC for years - so plenty of buyers must like it and think it's worth what they're paying - why else would so many callers be repeat buyers?

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered two of them....one for me and one to take for Christmas...the cheesecake is delicious...so creamy...

I wonder why there was no message as to who sent the cake to you....obviously someone likes you...enjoy...

Honored Contributor

@circles wrote:

I ordered two of them....one for me and one to take for Christmas...the cheesecake is delicious...so creamy...

I wonder why there was no message as to who sent the cake to you....obviously someone likes you...enjoy...

Santa Paws.  Cat Tongue

Honored Contributor

Just found out who sent to us. I invited a couple who is unable to travel anymore due to health issues and they sent to us. She called to tell me she was sending us a great dessert for our Christmas dinner. So nice of them.

I am really having to use my willpower everytime I go in the freezer-- it's calling me to take a nibble! Looks delicious.🙊

Valued Contributor

Juniors is really good but $51 is a lot for a cheesecake.  They say the price includes free shipping, but you are paying for it in the price of the item.  I live in NY so it's easy for me to go get a slice.  Although sometimes they have options that are only available through QVC.  Check your local supermarket. Sometimes they sell Junior's cheesecakes or the minis.  

Honored Contributor

I lived in Brooklyn for seven years, a 10 minute walk to Junior's on Flatbush Avenue.  Even though I have always been lactose intolerant, I had a slice (huge) of Junior's strawberry or plain cheescake nearly every Friday after work. Fully aware of the eventual misery -- it was just THAT good!!  lol  ENJOY!

Esteemed Contributor

I live in a borough of NY and an Italian speciality store in my area sells different types of Junior's cheesecake for $15.00 ... same size as QVC sells..... they are really good but, in my opinion Juniors is not the best cheesecake that I have ever eaten .... Baby Watson cheesecake was the very best ... they used to be located in NYC but, unfortunately are no longer in business.

Honored Contributor

I hope you enjoy it.   I've had this one and numerous others (the lemon coconut is my fav) and it's very good.  

One thing I've always appreciated about Junior's cheesecakes is that they are mixed to the extent that they are super creamy.  But even more than that, for me, is the list of ingredients.   One reason I didn't like cheesecake in the past is that a lot of recipes use sour cream.  To me, that is super gross.  Junior's doesn't try to bump up the flavor with that.  They just use the proper ingredients and the consistency and taste is top notch - as it should be!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Juniors swirl cheesecake --- it's calling me!!

yikes well first thank you whoever pointed out on the "gift" invoice was the senders info! 

Went to a christmas as party last nite and she had these mini Jr cheesecakes (which 2 of us ate) .... Delicious!!!! 

Im taking that one I got for Christmas dessert over to my friends who has a freezer in her garage because I can't be trusted to "not dive into that cheesecake"!!!!