Trusted Contributor

Re: Juniors swirl cheesecake --- it's calling me!!

I have the Junior's Cheesecake cookbook. Last year,  I made the Black Forest Cheesecake for one of our Christmas dinner desserts. I don't like cheesecake at all, but my husband loves it....everybody said it was simply decadent. So rich and delicious, it was definitely a winner.

This year, I'm making the Peanut Butter Swirl Cheesecake (from the same cookbook) for one of our Christmas desserts. Hopefully it will be just as delicious as the cheesecake from last year was. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Juniors swirl cheesecake

My mom has sent us various Jr's cheesecakes over the years, and they are good, but not something I'd pay to have. I appreciate them, and we do enjoy them, but I'd never pay for one myself. I guess I just don't like them THAT much.

Respected Contributor

I love cheesecake but it has to taste good. Not every bakery makes them the same. I like Juniors. Cheesecake Factory has too much sugar in them even their plain version. Trader Joes has a small NY style plain cheesecake which tastes great. 

Trusted Contributor

Junior's is just ok.  If you want a really fabulous cheesecake, you need to try Eli's out of Chicago.  Now that is good cheesecake.

Honored Contributor

People seem to be under the impression that cheesecake is difficult to make.   It's so easy.  I have a Mr. FOOD recipe where you throw everything in a food processor,  put it in an extra large pie pan and bake.   Put fruit pie topping on top.   Easiest thing in the world to make. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

People seem to be under the impression that cheesecake is difficult to make.   It's so easy.  I have a Mr. FOOD recipe where you throw everything in a food processor,  put it in an extra large pie pan and bake.   Put fruit pie topping on top.   Easiest thing in the world to make. 

You are right.  I've made them often.  And I've had Juniors.

After I tasted it, I realized mine was pretty darn good.

However, it was very generous of the OP's friends to send this as a gift.

Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

I honestly missed any mention that anybody thought a cheesecake was difficult to make.   I think most people probably know that it's basically - crust, blend ingredients, into pan, water bath in oven, boom - done.

I've not made one, as I don't have the desire to make one, but I'm still quite certain that it would not be difficult at all.

I mostly don't go for just a plain cheesecake, however, and I prefer some of the combo desserts that Junior's makes.   As mentioned up-thread, their lemon coconut one is my favorite.  Buy them or don't buy them - no wrong answer.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Cheesecake is not my fav dessert but every so often, only cheesecake will do and a Junior's slice hits the spot.  Enjoy your wonderful gift.