Respected Contributor

Re: July is here everyone - What's Cooking at your House?

good morning everyone. hot down this way and humidity in the 70s.  this weekend we ate down stairs satauday and sunday. satauday. anna made a small sauce and right before serving she put steak into sauce to cook it just for a few minutes. she made potatos string beans  . another small sause with cauliflower in it over pasta and corn on the cob. and provolone  regiano cheese and home made dry sausage. and sunday she made home made pasta,  squash and leftovers from day before. all was very good. satauday it was the 3 of us and annas son and his 2 kids. friday i ordered the paula deens large 8.5 air fryer.we have been  wanting to get one for a while. got it on sale for 140 regular 200 from evine. this week will be busy. annas church feast is this weekend and it begins on wednesday night. we live right across the street from the feild were rides are. im 47 and im like a little kid. i have been looking forward to it since last year. hope everyone has a great week.

Honored Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

good morning everyone. hot down this way and humidity in the 70s.  this weekend we ate down stairs satauday and sunday. satauday. anna made a small sauce and right before serving she put steak into sauce to cook it just for a few minutes. she made potatos string beans  . another small sause with cauliflower in it over pasta and corn on the cob. and provolone  regiano cheese and home made dry sausage. and sunday she made home made pasta,  squash and leftovers from day before. all was very good. satauday it was the 3 of us and annas son and his 2 kids. friday i ordered the paula deens large 8.5 air fryer.we have been  wanting to get one for a while. got it on sale for 140 regular 200 from evine. this week will be busy. annas church feast is this weekend and it begins on wednesday night. we live right across the street from the feild were rides are. im 47 and im like a little kid. i have been looking forward to it since last year. hope everyone has a great week.

@Pooky1  You have been eating very well.  I hope you have fun on the rides. Smiley Happy  One year, I went on a ride with DD, her friend and his Mother, and the idiot running that spinning ride saw how distressed I was and turned it up higher.  I was ill for hours, completely threw my equilibrium off.  I spent most of those hours in the restroom with wet paper towels over my face and neck trying to stave off the nauseous feeling. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Teacher daughter wanted to shop for a new mattress set, so my husband and I went along, then ate at Cracker Barrel after.   It was worth using up my last 2 gift cards to have someone else cook and wash the dishes!

Honored Contributor

Everyone must be having summer fun. Smiley Happy

I cooked the ribs I mentioned last Sunday in a new way, and they w ere perfect!  I cut two slabs of baby backs into four pieces, wrapped each piece in foil, season first if you like, and cooked on the webber char grill, then after forty-five minutes to one hour, unwrapped them and basted with sauce for another ten or more minutes until theey are nicely charred with the sauce. The corn salsa was delicious, but whenever I serve corn, I start nibbling even while it is still partially frozen, so always have to have enough for that, before I even cook it, but this time, no cooking.

We liked the ribs so much, we are having them again this Sunday, lol, and I will make a potato salad.  Usually, when I cook ribs, I only eat the ribs, but DH requires more.

The weather here has been so pleasant, still dreading the real heat to come, and still hoping for a miracle that it will not, such as last year, the entire summer was pleasant.

Honored Contributor

Trucker daughter is home, teacher daughter is at a mountain resort this weekend.   I made stuffed peppers, mashed potatoes and corn for supper tonight.   Tomorrow is pizza and wings night, and I plan to make pulled pork on Sunday.   

Trying to keep it tasty, but simple this weekend.   We have 70% chance of rain for the next 2 days, and 60% on Monday.   Local forecasters say the weekend will almost be a washout, but we need the rain, so it won’t cramp my outdoor plans at all.   

Honored Contributor

Last night, I tried a different stir fry which I invented at the last minute, to use up bits and pieces.  I stir fried one thinly sliced, halved zucchini, snap peas, prawns, green onions,and garlic black bean sauce then tossed in fresh spinach at the last minute so as not to overcook, served on left over rice, DH liked it.  I had never thought of using spinach before, any greens would work, but this is what I had, get a huge box of baby spinach at Costco.

I havn't gardened for the lst three days, busy away from the house, so plan to get out there today as the big heat is on it's way, and then I will only be able to stand it outside in early morning and evening.a

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

good morning everyone. this week maria cooked monday and tuesday only. the bigger meals so we had extra and thursday was our 17th wedding anniversery so i  picked up food from chilis. she made burgers and frys and and chicken sandwiches in a wrap with cole slaw in the chicken sandwich . chicken was merinaded in cole slaw dressing. super good that way. frys were yukon gold and sweet potatoes fryed together. i melt some butter add some hot sauce and mix my frys in it . maria dont like it like that.we ordered that paula dean air fryer last friday. evine takes forever to ship. as of today it still hasnt shipped. qvc i would have had it allready. we have been busy with feast this week. weather has been awesome . tomorrow high humidity is back and some showers. hope everyone has a great weekend.

Honored Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

good morning everyone. this week maria cooked monday and tuesday only. the bigger meals so we had extra and thursday was our 17th wedding anniversery so i  picked up food from chilis. she made burgers and frys and and chicken sandwiches in a wrap with cole slaw in the chicken sandwich . chicken was merinaded in cole slaw dressing. super good that way. frys were yukon gold and sweet potatoes fryed together. i melt some butter add some hot sauce and mix my frys in it . maria dont like it like that.we ordered that paula dean air fryer last friday. evine takes forever to ship. as of today it still hasnt shipped. qvc i would have had it allready. we have been busy with feast this week. weather has been awesome . tomorrow high humidity is back and some showers. hope everyone has a great weekend.

@Pooky1  Have you ever tried minced garlic and parsley on your fries?  Also, Parmesan is good, even mixed with the above and sprinkled over fries.  I have a hot catsup, very dark and thinner than regular, and this is good with fries and meat.  I also love chili fries, no beans for this chili.  I made it, trying to duplicate the chili fries at Knott's Berry Farm, the best ever, and I have come very close with mine.

This is how I began cooking.  My Dad, a Chef, would make something, and I would recreate it by taste, and he was impressed.  Whenever I watch Top Chef during the blind tasting scenes in which they try to identify what the food is by taste, that I would win, as I have a fine palate in this regard.

Respected Contributor

mousiegirl i have not tried that but i am now interested. i would put parsley garlic and butter in microwave and pour it over my fries. thank you. i will let you know when i try it. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

good morning everyone. cloudy muggy and rainy. well the feast is over. its a little sad to look out to see an allmost empty field after all the action for 5 days. yestauday  was anna her sons family maria  and me. alot of great food cheese and cold cut platter. rice salad, freid artichokes, tomato salad. stuffed mushrooms,roasted red peppers,baked zucini. fried zucini flowers stuffed wth honey ham and more that i cant remember that was at lunch time. at night all those sides and more comes out and i grills hambergers hotdogs sausage patties steak. desert chocolate pie , canolies, wine biscuits. 3 kinds. all really good. and hugh fire work display last night at 10.  hope everyone has a great week.