Respected Contributor

Re: July is here everyone - What's Cooking at your House?

For lunch it was pizza rolls. for dinner?? it was mac and cheese, Popsicles and a couple other snacks. Dinner I did NOT participate in. Not my idea of good eating.

Hope all had a good day - also hope tomorrow will be a time of remembering our heritage and spending time with family and friends.

Honored Contributor

See the source image

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Hi Preds - always happy to see you stop by. Have a GREAT day!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy 4th to everyone!

In the 60's today, very strange, not complaining, usually it is so hot on the 4th, but will try to do some gardening.

I finally got around to cooking salmon in the air fryer, and thought that if this works out well, the air fryer is definitely a hit.  It did work out.  I had a little over one pound fillet and cooked it for less time than the book said to, about eleven minutes, but I checked once half way, seven minutes on one side, flip, then the rest on the other side  I should have cooked it for ten minutes, but it was moist and that s the key.. 

I was disappointed in the skin, though, as it stuck to the basket and did not get crisp, but next time, I will cook the skin side last, maybe by then the basket is so hot that the skin will crisp.  all in all, I was satisfied, much less mess than in a frying pan, and I always had difficulty not overcooking it no matter how careful I was.

Today, I will grill a skirt steak, as planned, and made a potato salad yesterday for tonight with a tomato and cucumber salad.

I found an Amish shortcake recipe online, so will make a strawberry shortcake with fresh whipped cream.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

good morning everyone. today another hot humid day but tomorrow thunderstorms are going to drop off humidity and heat. weekend no humidity and in the 70s. our favorate type of weather. tuesday maria made hambergers that i gave the recipe for and french fries.yestauday we ate with anna for the 4th. she made corn on the cob,string bean potato salad, rice and shrimp salad,baked zucini and steak that i cooked outside on grill. all was very good.  rice salad has rice . shrimp, olives pickles artichokes, onions and italian dressing.hope everyone has a great day.

Contributor

Today, I am doing a few pasta dishes, eveyone like theirs different. I want angel hair pasta with pesto sauce and shrimp. My dh will have gluten free pasta, tomato sauce and gf garlic bread. My youngest will have the same without the gf pasta. Hope everyone had a happy 4th, enjoy the summer!

Respected Contributor

Yesterday and last night were miserable.ONLY suppose to get to 107 today, do not even like that. Last night hard to sleep. I do not have central cooling but do have window ACs. They went full blast and you would not know it. I stayed soaking wet all night long. Hard to breathe in this miserable weather. Just sitting in this chair is hot on my back. Last night was one of the worst, if not the worst, night I have ever had out here in Ca. Came here in late 1960/ the air is so thick and of course we have another fire but not real close to me. Today more of the same - 

For dinner I only had some slaw and crackers - was not up to fixing any thing quite frankly. Was hoping to get some things cleaned out and in order and did not accomplish  very much - I did get some shredding done and think I may have jammed the shredder as I could not get  it moving again. Always something.

Have no clue about food today - just am dreading it quite frankly.Say cool everyone - wish I could!!!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @Pooky1!  I want to try your rice and shrimp salad-- sounds so yummy!  I just happen to have all the ingredients on hand.  Is there a recipe or do you just throw in the ingredients (rice. shrimps, olives, pickles, artichokes, onions and Italian dressing) according to personal taste preference?  Are these all of the ingredients you used?  Thanks in advance for your response. ........vabreeze

Respected Contributor

good morning everyone. vabreeze y  mother inlaw makes this and there is no recipe . she just puts it together. pretty much all her cooking is without recipes. oh and allso chopped celery went in it. good luck. our weekend weather finally cooled down and humidity is allso gone .yestauday we had annas beef stew. it was very good. one f the ingredieta was home made red wine. she has home made white wine allso. maria anna and i dont drink wine or any kind of liquor. hope everyony has a great day.

Honored Contributor

Shake n bake BBQ chicken, rice pilaf, and cole slaw is on our supper menu today.   Our temperatures have dropped back into the mid 70’s, with less humidity, so very comfortable.