Respected Contributor

July is here everyone - What's Cooking at your House?

I am impressed with myself this morning - am on a roll. Got this thread ready to go went out and checked on  the kitty from the repair shop - did not see her but put out fresh water and food. She hung out most of the day in the lilac bushes out back. I feel so sorry for her as she obviously misses her "daddy" who lost the shop. I think, however, some other critter is finding what I leave out so will probably not refresh anything in the evening - we shall see. Last two mornings the bowls have been empty but turned over which makes me wonder if perhaps there is a larger critter also hanging out. Am still trying to find Johnny who was there 30 plus years as he adored his cats, I think this was his last one - his world started collapsing about 5 or so years ago. After 30 years of marriage his wife walked in and told him she just did not want to stay married. He has lost everything and he is such a good man.

Dinner tonight - too early for me to figure that one out but Ricky wants barbecue so may  have Davey toss some hot dogs on the grill. Davey enjoys doing that - imagine?! - and that is fine with me. I am beyond the stage of doing a lot of standing. LOL.

Another super chilly morning but it will get hot. Hope one and all will have a great day.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: July is here everyone - What's Cooking at your House?

It is very hot here today, but I had already planned dinner and will be cooking a regular Sunday meal.  My neighbor is in the hospital, so I am also making enough for the her family.  Thank goodness for air conditioning.

Dinner tonight is Ina's skillet lemon chicken, saffron rice, salad from the garden with homemade dressing, and homemade honey-wheat dinner rolls.  Ice cream for dessert.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

We are in our fourth or fifth week of heat index temps above 100.  It has been that way since mid-May.  I'm doing chicken marsala in my Instant Pot with riced cauliflower, broccoli and cheese sauce and mac & cheese.  I was doing pretty healthy until the whole mac and cheese, but I have it left over and will finish it.  The chicken marsala recipe is a lighter one and more keto.

https://www.savorytooth.com/instant-pot-chicken-marsala/

Instant Pot chicken marsala served in a bowl with mushrooms and a creamy brown sauce

I could not find Marsala wine, so I got a dry white wine and will mix in a teaspoon brandy for every 1/4 cup of wine.  Marsala is a brandy-fortified wine, so that will do.  I got extra mushrooms to go in it since I love shrooms.  I will brown the chicken first to add some extra flavor and bone broth if I need a bit more liquid.

Respected Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:

We are in our fourth or fifth week of heat index temps above 100.  It has been that way since mid-May.  I'm doing chicken marsala in my Instant Pot with riced cauliflower, broccoli and cheese sauce and mac & cheese.  I was doing pretty healthy until the whole mac and cheese, but I have it left over and will finish it.  The chicken marsala recipe is a lighter one and more keto.

https://www.savorytooth.com/instant-pot-chicken-marsala/

Instant Pot chicken marsala served in a bowl with mushrooms and a creamy brown sauce

I could not find Marsala wine, so I got a dry white wine and will mix in a teaspoon brandy for every 1/4 cup of wine.  Marsala is a brandy-fortified wine, so that will do.  I got extra mushrooms to go in it since I love shrooms.  I will brown the chicken first to add some extra flavor and bone broth if I need a bit more liquid.

@Tigriss------that looks so good that I want to lick the computer screen....

gross, I know...

Thanks so much for the tip about the Marsala....I always have brandy and wine in the house.

I don't have or know what an instant pot is but tomorrow I will pick up mushrooms and make the Marsala.

Respected Contributor

@Danky An Instant Pot is a brand of electric pressure cooker. I love mine. I've had three electric pressure cookers. My first was a Wolfgang Puck on from HSN in a 6qt, then I bought an 8qt Elite and gave my sister the 6qt. She returned it after she bought an Instant Pot. Both of my first ones had a non-stick inner pot, but the Instant Pot has a stainless steel one. Now you can find electric pressure cookers with stainless steel pots or ceramic non-stick. When I got my IP, IP was the only one that was stainless. I also have a VitaClay rice cooker that is a clay pot. It is wonderful! My first right cookers were Wolfgang puck ones with teflon pots which soon started flaking. I now use the IP and VitaClay several times a week. They make cooking supper quick when I get home from work. The Instant Pot is regularly on sale on Amazon. The most recent sale was the newest 5qt pot for $89. I'm sure there will be a sale again before summer is out. They are also always on the Prime Christmas deals.
Respected Contributor

i just posted an awesome burger recipe on the june thread. leting evereone know so you can all see it.

Respected Contributor

It's a hot one for most of us. Slow cooker pot roast, mash potatoes & salad. It's easy and not much heat in the kitchen. Tomorrow will be leftovers for sure. Winifred, if someone loves to BBQ good for you. Let them do the work and enjoy!!!

Honored Contributor

See the source image

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Beef bbq, cole slaw and fried potatoes for the two of us today.     

Regular Contributor

It's so hot here that very little heavy cooking will be done for sure. Tonight we will have a salad with cut up chicken.  

I sent this message from the last living brain cell I have.