Honored Contributor

Jimmy The Baker Cinnamon Rolls

I am thinking about ordering these cinnamon rolls.  It will take me a while to eat 12 of them, though.  I'm wondering about the icing being in a single container.  How long does the icing last in the container?  When they realize that a lot of people will need to freeze them you would think they would do individual packets of icing.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Re: Jimmy The Baker Cinnamon Rolls

I saw those presented a while back and they really looked good.  I had to stop myself.  Smiley Happy

As to the icing, that was a concern I had also.    Individual packets (like the packets you get at fast food restaurants - one per unit, perhaps?) is a great idea.

Otherwise, and being the nut I am, I would probably be compelled to put it into small-unit ice cube trays, freeze them, and then vacuum seal them to keep in the freezer.  Otherwise, it probably has a shelf life that would cause one to feel they have to use the cinnamon rolls up pretty quickly.

Anyway, that's my idea Smiley Happy

Darn!  Now I want cinnamon rolls.

Honored Contributor

I never, ever buy food from QVC, and those cinnamon rolls had me salivating. I hope that when someone who ordered them gets theirs, they do some useful reviews.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I saw those presented a while back and they really looked good.  I had to stop myself.  Smiley Happy

As to the icing, that was a concern I had also.    Individual packets (like the packets you get at fast food restaurants - one per unit, perhaps?) is a great idea.

Otherwise, and being the nut I am, I would probably be compelled to put it into small-unit ice cube trays, freeze them, and then vacuum seal them to keep in the freezer.  Otherwise, it probably has a shelf life that would cause one to feel they have to use the cinnamon rolls up pretty quickly.

Anyway, that's my idea Smiley Happy

Darn!  Now I want cinnamon rolls.

@chickenbutt, that's a great idea.  I don't have a vacuum sealer so I couldn't do that though, but it would solve the problem.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

You could read some local café reviews and go and buy just one cinnamon roll at the place that has be best ones in your area. That might take care of your craving.
Frequent Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

I am thinking about ordering these cinnamon rolls.  It will take me a while to eat 12 of them, though.  I'm wondering about the icing being in a single container.  How long does the icing last in the container?  When they realize that a lot of people will need to freeze them you would think they would do individual packets of icing.

I could help you with that problem of eating all of them.  Let me know where you're at and I'll bring the coffee/tea, lol!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Ungh...almost every review is 5-star. But I'm not going to order for another month or so.  They are shipped unrefrigerated, *including the icing* and people have said the boxes arrives with very runny, somewhat spilled-in-the-box icing. As hot as it is in my neck of the woods, I need to wait for cooler temps to order. I am encouraged by the uniformly good reviews, though.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:
You could read some local café reviews and go and buy just one cinnamon roll at the place that has be best ones in your area. That might take care of your craving.

@AuntG, that's probably what I'll end up doing.  I certainly have a craving for them right now!

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Could you just go to Cinnabon?  Or there are none near you?

Honored Contributor

It should come with 2 containers of the cream cheese frosting. I think they are pretty good. DH's are better since they are fresh. Still have some in the freezer. I ended up throwing away one container of the cream cheese frosting. I read online to use in so many days so I figured a week would be good. I can't remember what I read. LOL!!! I think I read not to freeze if it had already been frozen. I have had food poisoning so I'm not taking any chances. I made icing to use on some. It comes with way more icing then we need. They talked about freezing the cinnamon rolls but I never heard anything about the frosting. I generally eat 1 cinnamon per year if I'm lucky. I have to talk DH into making them. You cannot buy a good one around here any place.